The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I am going to get my info in later this week. Thanks for all the work Freddie.

Ok so we have: Jermiah Taylor, T. caouette, T.Dotson, T.Hanks, D.Barbee, T.Nolan, E.Dokken, A. mattia and J. Cook with their deposits in at this time.

There is a community grill on site.

David your arrival date has been changed to Tuesday.

Anyone need anything let me know.

Tadashi70- I did tell you that I am now coming in on Wednesday morning right?

I may switch to a Wednesday night arrival too, but I am not sure yet. There will be a ton for me to do that day before I head down.

I cant wait.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ok so we have: Jermiah Taylor, T. caouette, T.Dotson, T.Hanks, D.Barbee, T.Nolan, E.Dokken, A. mattia and J. Cook with their deposits in at this time.

Cool, glad there is a grill on site....that means a trip to the store so that I can make David and Regina some real BBQ on Wednesday night!

Tadashi70- I did tell you that I am now coming in on Wednesday morning right?

I know he knows that because he told me...you and I are in the same room and he told me you would be there Wednesday too!

I don't mean to thread jack, just thought this might be helpful for IN's thoughts/for when he chats to the fitter.

Maybe I will have to track down some 5.0's to try out. Either way the PX shafts are definitely an improvement for me over the DG S300 shaft, is the 5.5 a softer shaft than the S300?

Total Chunky responder but for the record the S300 is softer then the PX5.5. You need to soft step the PX's once to get in the same flex range as the DG's (PX5.5 spec at 6.0 on the rifle scale. The S300's spec out at 5.8. Plus the PX are counter balanced a bit but that's another story for another thread).

Cool, glad there is a grill on site....that means a trip to the store so that I can make David and Regina some real BBQ on Wednesday night!

You do mean Carolina style BBQ don't you? I mean, you will be in the Carolinas after all.

I know he knows that because he told me...you and I are in the same room and he told me you would be there Wednesday too!

Nice man! I just couldn't remember if I had mentioned it to him or not.

You do mean Carolina style BBQ don't you? I mean, you will be in the Carolinas after all.

Dude- I would take ANY kind of BBQ!

Silly, everybody knows REAL BBQ comes from Texas...not any of that sweet ass crap other people pass off as BBQ

Silly, everybody knows REAL BBQ comes from Texas...not any of that sweet ass crap other people pass off as BBQ

This made me lol. Silly Texas, but let's not derail a great event with that crazy talk.

Just realized I have 120 hours of leave this year, perhaps I need to take a few more days off and play tourist golfer.

--
Tapatalk2

agreed. you've got my vote for Texas BBQ.

oh man, 3 months from today i will be embarking on a great trip to Pawley's Island! CAN NOT WAIT!

I don't mean to thread jack, just thought this might be helpful for IN's thoughts/for when he chats to the fitter.

Total Chunky responder but for the record the S300 is softer then the PX5.5. You need to soft step the PX's once to get in the same flex range as the DG's (PX5.5 spec at 6.0 on the rifle scale. The S300's spec out at 5.8. Plus the PX are counter balanced a bit but that's another story for another thread).

Thats good to know. I am just going based off of what I have seen out of the performance and what I have read about them. I don't know much about the PX shafts other than people are always confused about what flex is what. From what I had read before I always thought 6.0 was stiff and 5.0 was regular, so 5.5 would have to be between that. But if I am wrong I would be open to any other advice because I just want to bring my flight down a little and the 5.5 seems to do that and I still get great distance.

Thats good to know. I am just going based off of what I have seen out of the performance and what I have read about them. I don't know much about the PX shafts other than people are always confused about what flex is what. From what I had read before I always thought 6.0 was stiff and 5.0 was regular, so 5.5 would have to be between that. But if I am wrong I would be open to any other advice because I just want to bring my flight down a little and the 5.5 seems to do that and I still get great distance.

I believe the way they atelier setup 5.5 is they're reg. but when I put them on a frequency machine at GS they came in on the low/mid end of stiff. 6.0 the high end and 6.5 xstiiff.
This is based on one visit with some time to kill.

So do you think it would be worth my time to try the 5.0 as well? And what is the difference between the flighted and regular? The J40s I've been hitting have the flighted.

I just went to the PX website and there is a tool to find out which shaft is best for you. suggested 5.5 for me based on the info on there, I tweaked a couple things to see what it would say and it said 6.0, but I know for sure I don't want to go 6.0.

Freddie, thanks again for all of your work on this. I'll talk to some more on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you again.

I'm excited to hear there is a grill on site. One of my favorite things at the last MC was hanging with everyone, shooting the breeze about everything under the sun and just soaking in the atmosphere off the course.

Yup we are in on Tuesday evening @ 8.30pm. I have emailed Tracey and she is happy for me to pay on arrival. Thanks again Freddie.

That is class man. Really looking forward to some amazing food over there

I'm liking this grill on site talk! This is going to be a blast. Sorry to everyone in advance but me and my family are going to be picture-taking freaks!

Serious question: any idea on when we should expect to see the finalized match ups for Saturday and Sunday?

Serious question: any idea on when we should expect to see the finalized match ups for Saturday and Sunday?

nothing has been set, but we have had some discussions

nothing has been set, but we have had some discussions

You guys need a closed door session to hammer out the final details. Then the REAL trash talking may commence.

You guys need a closed door session to hammer out the final details. Then the REAL trash talking may commence.

Last years 1st round pairings were announced 7 weeks prior. I would imagine the same type of time line this year.

Back