NFL Draft Contest - 2012

Thanks, JB. Interesting insight on OL being toughest to grade.

pfffft. USC is a QB factory. Leinart, Cassell...should I go on? lol.

Sanchez... Lol

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Sanchez... Lol

Its comical, the USC list is getting legendary. how about the dynamic duo.

Lendale White? Ummm Okay.
And the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders? Unless they were speaking about liking giant asses, once again, the media has no idea what they were talking about.

Then you can move on to just about every other position and see the percentage of busts that came out of that school over the last 8 years.

+1 here - I'm still not happy the Chargers traded up for Matthews (think I've only said this 3x on this thread). It's not that RB isn't valuable its just that they are arguably the most injury prone position in my data-less view.

In a pass driven league and the life expectancy of RB's I couldn't agree more..

JB,
What is your gut feeling on any player for pick trades? Did the new CBA change the 'rules' on that somehow or was that just during the lockout/negotiation? Think we will see much action with that?

And the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders? Unless they were speaking about liking giant asses, once again, the media has no idea what they were talking about.

Then you can move on to just about every other position and see the percentage of busts that came out of that school over the last 8 years.

Clay Matthews! Add Nick Perry opposite the ClayMaker this year and you have the greatest OLB duo from one college, ever!

+1 here - I'm still not happy the Chargers traded up for Matthews (think I've only said this 3x on this thread). It's not that RB isn't valuable its just that they are arguably the most injury prone position in my data-less view.

And there are still the Arian Foster undrafted type guys too.

It's probably because they had to take a paycut to come to the nfl

JB,
What is your gut feeling on any player for pick trades? Did the new CBA change the 'rules' on that somehow or was that just during the lockout/negotiation? Think we will see much action with that?

Clay Matthews! Add Nick Perry opposite the ClayMaker this year and you have the greatest OLB duo from one college, ever!

Im going out on a limb and thinking you are a little younger? Because that is just crazy.

You have one guy that is a good player but overrated in my opinion and shows that by being on what has been one of the worst defenses in the league and the other guy, does anybody even know if he can play OLB in the NFL?

Last edited:
As obviously the only Pac 12 member currently on line (or at least the only one to admit it), I resemble that remark.

It's probably because they had to take a paycut to come to the nfl

Did Jon "Bones" Jones threaten to beat up all of the NFL Network guys? Mayock and Lombardi have both said today that Chandler Jones will be the best defensive player out of this draft. Chandler is the brother of Bones.

Picks are in.....good luck all

Im going out on a limb and thinking you are a little younger? Because that is just crazy.

You have one guy that is a good player but overrated in my opinion and shows that by being on what has been one of the worst defenses in the league and the other guy, does anybody even know if he can play OLB in the NFL?

First of all, Perry and Matthews didn't play at the same time in college (obviously you know that) just saying I was referring to two guys from the same college playing for the same NFL team at the same time.. Not same time in college.. My bad

The post was actually more towards USC being overrated, I would never put a 3 year player and rookie in a potential all time great talk period.

I would take that one step further and say as a result of the worst D in the league, Clay constantly getting help from opposing offense's because they could afford to do so.. Also, being a pretty invested fan, I would never hope they would vary from the BAP philosophy to factor in a Prospect's Alma Mater..

Man I love talking football!

Who knew that if you put up stats and your team (side of ball) just stinks, there is no blame. :D

Dude got WAY too much credit when they won, yet when his side flat out STUNK, he gets no blame? He isnt even the best d player on his own team, which stinks on D.

Who knew that if you put up stats and your team (side of ball) just stinks, there is no blame. :D

Dude got WAY too much credit when they won, yet when his side flat out STUNK, he gets no blame? He isnt even the best d player on his own team, which stinks on D.

The truth behind the curtains.. Losing Cullen Jenkins to Free Agency after the 13th Title was what exposed Matthew's production/lack of production..

Picks are in. I had the help of a friend of mine, Johnnie Walker, so they should be pretty solid.

I really think the potential for a Mark Barron trade up could throw us off. I think I'll pick accordingly...

Man, Alabama has been a beast in the draft these past couple of years. Time to reload!

Also, a Sanchez, Tebow, Greene, TRich backfield could be amazing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard from a source the Packers are going to try and move up and take Safety Mark Barron. Thompson doesn't like to target a specific player, but today's release of Nick Collins will force his hand.

Kevin

I heard from a source the Packers are going to try and move up and take Safety Mark Barron. Thompson doesn't like to target a specific player, but today's release of Nick Collins will force his hand.

Kevin

First of all, such a heart break with Collins, but saw it coming for how long it drug out..

Secondly, that would happen only if his need meets his value. There is no way they would stretch for him.. They have never shifted from the BAP strategy (Matthews wasn't a fluke, his need met his value at that spot) and wouldn't do it here.

Personally, I would like to see Woodson moved to safety position this year and be an Ed Reed type of Safety.. Would extend his career a few more more years.

My picks are in. I think to win I'll have to go out on a couple of limbs. I went with RG3 as #1.

I hope this isn't a skim but I didn't see anything mentioned in the OP...

Are last names fine for the entry? That's how I sent mine in and I hope it's fine?

Got my picks in, not going to be around much in the morning.

Are last names fine for the entry? That's how I sent mine in and I hope it's fine?

If Claiborne is helping read the entries, I would say your S.O.L., otherwise, I bet you'll be fine

I know that I put in first and last names. I think last year there were some with the same last names. Maybe you should send in one and add the first names to be safe. Might PM JB and tell him you did it?

EDIT: Send in the same picks you did before, just add the first names.

Last edited:
Hey Cowboys fans, with all the Barron going earlier talk, would you give up your 2nd rounder to swap with Jax and ensure you get him?

Back