TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

The more I use my irons, the longer they get. I bought the 4-AW and now I need to go get the 3I. I'm having to re-train my thought pattern on distances. Not so confident with the Driver yet. 3 W is long when I square up on it.

The more I use my irons, the longer they get. I bought the 4-AW and now I need to go get the 3I. I'm having to re-train my thought pattern on distances. Not so confident with the Driver yet. 3 W is long when I square up on it.

BillyBall are you talking about the RBZ irons? You might want to drop a comment in that thread, for those who are looking for info.

I would like to thank a great THP'er GoalieDave for the RBZ 3i Hybrid :clapp:. It arrived today :blob: ! I am about to go out and spank some arse with it. I got a two man scramble tonight at my local course . Of course a little range time before the 6:00 p.m. nine hole scramble kicks off. :D

Took out my 3 and 5 RBZ hybrids for their first 18 holes. They flat out perform. Great from the tee on short par 4's. Solid performance from tight lies. More of a head heavy feel compared to my Mashie, but that didn't take much practice to get past that difference. Two highlights of the round. 1) going for a par 5 in 2 over water (all carry) after a laser off the tee with the R11s. These hybrids inspire confidence. I hardly ever go for this hole in 2 because it requires perfection (unless you unleash a 330 seed down the middle - that shot isn't in my bag). 215 to a front pin. I played 225 toward the back of the green. 3 hybrid... Flushed... Over the pin 35 feet for eagle. Lag to 4 feet past, and miss the birdie! I had to laugh! 2) second highlight. 3 hybrid 245! Off the tee on 16. That is sick distance for me with a 3 hybrid. I was hitting this consistently 220 ish off the tee, so this one on 16 stands out. In summary, these clubs helped me enjoy my round, they performed and inspired confidence. Last note, I know this forum preaches proper fitting. I hit a bunch of the new stuff at an outdoor demo with multiple manufacturers. I was 99% sure what I wanted after the demo day, so I decided to visit the local TM Performance Lab. They head every head and shaft combo I could imagine. Got a proper fitting for the hybrids. The big ego check that day.... Getting told by the fitter that he recommended a Regular Flex for my driver and 3 wood as opposed to Stiff Flex. I was a little embarrassed. Swing speed tops out around 102, avg that day was 96. Was fitted with a Diamana Ka'ili 'R' flex. I just assumed 'S' would work, but the TM fitter said the characteristics of that shaft in 'R' would fit. I took his advice and my driver game has never been better. My misses are playable. Combined with the fitting on the RBZ Tour 3 fairway (Ka'ili 'R' as well), and the hybrid fitting (stock shaft, 'S' flex, 1/4 inch added), it has brought a tremendous amount of confidence to my game. Bottom line, I was an idiot for self fitting on my woods and hybrids.... Get Fit! Have a great evening THP!

I would like to thank a great THP'er GoalieDave for the RBZ 3i Hybrid :clapp:. It arrived today :blob: ! I am about to go out and spank some arse with it. I got a two man scramble tonight at my local course . Of course a little range time before the 6:00 p.m. nine hole scramble kicks off. :D

I don't often quote myself however I have to say with the help of my new RBZ 3i hybrid, my partner and I won the two man nine hole scramble at our golf course tonight. With me hitting from the senior tees and killing this thing along with my driver, it was one HAWT night in Georgia! We shot 5 under par scratch and with our handicaps combined and split, we had four strokes from the get go for a 9 under par round. I suppose my handicap blowing up for the last two months and the RBZ equipment coming through lately has been a winning combo :D

I don't often quote myself however I have to say with the help of my new RBZ 3i hybrid, my partner and I won the two man nine hole scramble at our golf course tonight. With me hitting from the senior tees and killing this thing along with my driver, it was one HAWT night in Georgia! We shot 5 under par scratch and with our handicaps combined and split, we had four strokes from the get go for a 9 under par round. I suppose my handicap blowing up for the last two months and the RBZ equipment coming through lately has been a winning combo :D

Send some of the winnings my way, haha.

Glad you like the 3 Rescue :act-up:

Send some of the winnings my way, haha.

Glad you like the 3 Rescue :act-up:

Check is in the mail :D. Thanks buddy for the awesome deal you put on me :clapp:!

Nice going Gray. So I guess the RBZ 3H did well for you. Any issues with it hookin on you?

Nice going Gray. So I guess the RBZ 3H did well for you. Any issues with it hookin on you?

I had a rather large hook on one shot however it was planned that way and worked perfect on a dogleg left par four hole. I am pretty sure this club will be quick to hook if you over cook it . I recently had my 4 iron to bent -1 degree flat and I can actually fade it now. It will work great on those left to right shots.

skim alert...anyone tried out the rbz 7 wood? if so, thoughts?

I purchased the RBZ 3W LH Senior shaft about 3 weeks ago and have been working to get used to it. This is my first club to use the senior flex and it takes some getting used to but my swing is slowing down and its time to take advantage of the technology. I definitely like the flight and distance when I hit smooth and easy. The one thing I noticed is that the black face on the club is showing numerous scratchs and some pitting in only 3 weks of play. I have not read the entire thread but I have not seen any other comments on this. My club face looks like I have played it for years not weeks. It doesn't affect the play as far as I can tell but all of my other TM clubs (R9 irons, Burner 09 driver) look almost like new. I wrote to TGW about this and they thought this was normal for this club. I also wrote to TM but have not received a response from them. I definitely like the clubs and will consider adding the the 3H and 4H in the future. I am supposed to be receiving an RBZ 5 iron to try in the near future and look forward to trying it out.

I picked up a 10.5 RBZ driver today after hitting a friend of mines. His was the 9.5 version and I was busting it out there however I wanted a tad more loft to work with. I also picked up tour version 2i hybrid which has the 16.5 loft. It will be my 3 - wood type club. Man all this white/black/green stuff will sure make my new golf bag look spiffy :D

nddave - I recently picked up a club off a fellow THP'er (3i hybrid) and it shows the same type wear. I don't mind it at all however it is something that obviously goes with the type paint or whatever they use on the face.

I purchased a 10.5 RBZ Tour driver this evening after hitting one in a demo a couple of weeks ago. I was hitting the demo very well and hope that carries over to the new club. I am also waiting on an 14.5 3 wood to arrive...then done buying clubs for the year!

I shot my best round of the year with my RBZ irons and new driver plus hybrids. I missed two putts with in three feet because of non commitment to my line. Drove the ball fantastic, hit my irons beautiful, and hit missiles with my hybrids when needed. 76 today for me with two short missed putts. I am seriously happy with the way things are headed.

Last edited:
Dang OG, nice round! Glad the new sticks are working out! Did you go with the stock driver in the driver?

Dang OG, nice round! Glad the new sticks are working out! Did you go with the stock driver in the driver?

Yea I went with the stock stiff shaft and for the first time out I was very impressed with it! I felt like I good just load up and let er rip with confidence. It's going to be a game changer for me. The tour hybrid 2i 16.5 degree is a monster! Very straight off the tee with good feel. It has a heavy feel to it that I just flat out love. It also has the stock stiff shaft and I am as happy as a pig in a corn bin :hungry::thumb:

One found it's way into my bag today. I'll keep this thread updated as I get some use out of it.

Added a Tour 5wd with stock xcon 7 regular to go along with RBZ non-tour 10.5* driver(aftermarket Axivcore 69 black regular) it plays as a 4wd with carry distance around 225-230 EASY!!! great,hot feel.....and driver is 10-15 longer than 910D2....I guess me and OG figured something out!!! LOL

Added a Tour 5wd with stock xcon 7 regular to go along with RBZ non-tour 10.5* driver(aftermarket Axivcore 69 black regular) it plays as a 4wd with carry distance around 225-230 EASY!!! great,hot feel.....and driver is 10-15 longer than 910D2....I guess me and OG figured something out!!! LOL

Shhhhhhh don't tell em our secret :handshake:

Played today and was blown away by my RBZ driver. Some holes I gained a good 10-15 yards on my drives compared to the old R9 and even the R11 I tried. This is a great club and can't wait for my 14.5 fairway wood. Also, wanted to ask those of you that have tried the RBZ hybrids your impressions. Are they better than the Rescue 11? Thanks!

The RBZ hybrid I good, just not for me. I like my rescue 11 more. I like set up better and I get the same distance. The climbs are really solid though. Just could not jive as well with RBZ stuff as r11. Although my old RBZ 14.5 was a missile launcher and offered a fair bit of forgiveness. I would impress anyone getting and RBZ to get fit for shaft. If you have the right one I thinks you would likey. Same with any club though...

I have spent a few rounds with the 2i Tour Model hybrid (16.5 degrees) and this thing is a missile launcher. Easily takes the place of any 3 - wood I would dare put in my bag. I love it off the tee for it's accuracy and length. Great little addition to my bag!

I have spent a few rounds with the 2i Tour Model hybrid (16.5 degrees) and this thing is a missile launcher. Easily takes the place of any 3 - wood I would dare put in my bag. I love it off the tee for it's accuracy and length. Great little addition to my bag!
Hey OG, I also have the RBZ 3 in the bag and love it. I understand the Tour has a heftier shaft (85-gram graphite shaft). How is the "feel" between this and the Standard non-tour RBZ 65-gram graphite shaft. I have been thinking along the same lines as you and dropping the FWs and going Tour 2i 16.5° - Thanks

Ole Gray, what are your impressions of the RBZ 3i hybrid?

Ole Gray is out playing right now but I'll chirp in for him. I played 9 holes with him today and witnessed him hitting his 2 hybrid which is the tour model. He absolutely ripped it straight down the middle. I told him he should take his driver out of the bag and hit that off the tee every time. It was REALLY long. I am not sure about the 3 hybrid but I just know I was amazed at his performance with the 2 hybrid.

Back