First Tee Time of the Morning

This! I played early this morning and none of the tee markers were in the ground, the bunkers weren't raked, and on one hole the sprinklers came on when we were in the fairway. Jeebus.

First off people gotta be prepared for stuff like this. You gotta realize that the grounds crew doesn't start when it's dark.

This! I played early this morning and none of the tee markers were in the ground, the bunkers weren't raked, and on one hole the sprinklers came on when we were in the fairway. Jeebus.

That's just lazy maintenance if they know that someone scheduled a tee time that early . . .That's crazy that they remove the tee markers from the ground each night, that sounds like a buttload of work!

Anything before 8 is a kick in the junk to me. I don't mind playing earlier, it's just not high on my list.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

That's just lazy maintenance if they know that someone scheduled a tee time that early . . .That's crazy that they remove the tee markers from the ground each night, that sounds like a buttload of work!

I do agree about the tee markers. Ours stay out all the time. The rest is stuff that can't be done WHEN IT'S DARK!

And they don't necessarily know. The grounds crew doesn't normally stay until dark.

First off people gotta be prepared for stuff like this. You gotta realize that the grounds crew doesn't start when it's dark.

Well I teed off at 7:40. Which is pretty early, but it was light well before I went out. For $85 I would expect that I get that sort of stuff. Maybe I shouldn't.

I like early tee times. Got to a course this morning and the pro shop guy squeaked into the lot after me. Already 6 people waiting (regulars) for their 5:30 am tee time. We had a 6:00 am tee time and were the 4th group off. Got around walking in 4:15 (good for an L.A. Muni).

I like playing early morning back 9 when I can, and get home before my wife and child are out of bed.

Well I teed off at 7:40. Which is pretty early, but it was light well before I went out. For $85 I would expect that I get that sort of stuff. Maybe I shouldn't.

I would have made a fuss, at those prices. . .I would expect a nice beer and a sombrero every hole

That video is awesome smalls.

Its good to hear of others that enjoy playing so early for all the reasons that Ive found to be very enjoyable. Ive also been pondering 18 holes before work on the week days.

I would have made a fuss, at those prices. . .I would expect a nice beer and a sombrero every hole

Haha don't worry. We respectfully told the guys in the Pro Shop and they immediately apoligized and our whole foursome got a free round. Otherwise I probably wouldn't go back there. It's a very nice course otherwise.

$85 isn't really a ton of money for a round but I'm glad they took care of you damaikis.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

$85 isn't really a ton of money for a round but I'm glad they took care of you damaikis.

Well it's a lot to me. Lol. I'm poor.

Yeah if I was going to a nice course that was worth going to for the experience alone I wouldn't mind paying that either

Sent from my iPhone

Memorial day tee time is 6 am,course is 15 mins away,so will head out about 530

Must be an area thing. Either way doesn't matter, I hate playin early. My preferred tee time would be around 9 am.

I would love to get out real early but I usually wait for twilight rates to save a few bucks.

85 bucks wow that's on the low end here in the city and hour out 70 bucks is a good rate. I also like the twilight (after 5 pm) it's light enough to golf until around 9:30 just enough time for 18

85 bucks wow that's on the low end here in the city and hour out 70 bucks is a good rate. I also like the twilight (after 5 pm) it's light enough to golf until around 9:30 just enough time for 18
$70 is the most expensive course down here

Also do you not play the city courses at all? It's been a few years but when I played them they were pretty nice courses and they're around $40 a round. Getting a tee time is the only problem.

I never golf before 9 am generally. Don't like waking up early.

I have 6:40 tee time in the morning in fact....several of my friends like to be the first out....around here during the summer we play that early in self defense...in July or August it will still be over 90 at 7am.

I am NOT an early riser but I can certainly appreciate early golf. Only, 3 of the guys in my regular foursome live on Long Island, about 45 miles from me and we typically play courses another 40-50 miles farther out from them. So for me to comfortably make a 7:00 tee time, I'd be getting up at 4 am. No thanks.

To accomodate me and my travels, we usually tee off anywhere from 9:30 to 11:00. Wish I were one of the locals. :wink:

I like early AM golf.

I'm quite a busy man these days (unfortunately). If I start early I can be done by mid day and have the afternoon free for other stuff.

There was a course in Houston about 20 years ago that was experimenting with ways to speed up play. They had a deal for everyone who teed off before 8:00 a.m.: if you could finish your round in under 3.5 hours, they would refund 25% of your greens fee. It was awesome, although it was not very conducive for a highly competitive weekend round. The problem in Houston is that EVERYONE wants to tee off early to avoid playing in the heat of the day. One week we missed the 3.5 hour cutoff by about 3 minutes, because the group in front of us took forever on the 17th and 18th greens. Fortunately, the head pro saw what was happening, and he gave us our refund anyway....which we promptly spent on beer in the clubhouse.

I'm not really a morning person, so i sort of prefer the 830-930 tee times. But a couple of times last year, I did tee off at 730AM. It's a lot more laid back and open at that time, but the dew can be a bit out of control. Plus, somehow, my dad lost a ball in the middle of the fairway once because of all the dew sparkling in the sun.

I'd probably be better this year than previous years since my sleeping schedule has changed.

~Rock

Love early tee times, unfortunately never get to play them now or not very often. Working at a course for the previous two years meant no rounds before 2pm. Then this year golfing at the course I normally do, it's members only before 10am, so normally go out as soon as possible after that. Like getting out early and getting a round in, then can get other things done in the day.

Early for me is 8 or 9 AM. Beat a little heat and wind, yet still have time for a pot of coffee and some THP!

Back