A Quick Thank You

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
During the course of this weekend, you can bet, I was having a bad couple of days. Two issues in two days when we have been virtually issue free since coming online. (Few minor hiccups, but that is all).

I actually turned to my bride to be and said "lets shut the whole thing down, its not worth it". She looked back at me and said something along the lines of "we have too many good and wonderful people on there to do anything like that".

Right there it reminded me of how great some of you are and it was restored again when a couple of people sent emails about prizes they won or raffles they are jumping into despite the fact that they will be no where near a computer to watch it.

This post is just to say thank you to two people:
1. The masses (our members)...You guys know who you are and made a point to show how much you like it here when one thing got a little ugly.

2. My beautiful bride to be. Without her, I assure you, none of this would be happening.

Thanks guys and we have a great couple of weeks in store for everybody.

JB, thank you for having such a fun place to chat. Even though I do not know any of the people on this site personlly I think it is a lot of fun to read the banter that some of the users have with each other. It's great that the site is for more than just golf. I'm glad that you have decided to carry on and look forward not getting anyhting done so I can keep following.

JB, thanks for sticking with it...and GG, thanks for urging JB to stick with it. I love this place, it helps me cope with all the snow and cold we're dealing with here in South Dakota....when I can't go outside to hit balls, I want to sit inside and read about the game we all love!

JB, don't let all the "haters" ruin everything - that's exactly what they want you to do. They are trying to piss you off and hope you shut it down. Thanks for standing strong and keeping this wonderful place going. And thanks so much to GG for urging him to keep it.

Even if it means closing contests for a while, or even forever - that's fine with me.

that's right Floppy and I'm sure you might have one or two trying to push buttons, just push the ban button....

Thanks JB, you made a good choice to keep pushing.

Like flop said, don't let people ruin it for you and us.

I agree with what the others have said, huge thanks to GG and JB for keeping the forum going. If you need to shut the contest down, so be it, that isn't what I get on here for anyway. I know JB isn't a dictator but sometimes using the BAN tool is the only option.

Keep up the good work there are a lot of us that appreciate it.

Exactly MO.

Like I said on the other thread:

JB and GG it's sad you have to run into problems like this and very sad that you even have to threaten to stop contests for awhile just to get people in line.

Maybe you should, it will really seed out the good members from the bad, and I'm sure you may see some leave after that. Then we will really appreciate how good this forum really is. Common guys.

• Admin
I know nobody really cares about the contests, but they are not going to go anywhere. if we let 2-3 bad seeds ruin it for everybody, then they win. Not going to happen here. And of course we are on the verge of some of the biggest contests we have ever seen around golf forums.

I know nobody really cares about the contests, but they are not going to go anywhere. if we let 2-3 bad seeds ruin it for everybody, then they win. Not going to happen here. And of course we are on the verge of some of the biggest contests we have ever seen around golf forums.

I definitely care about the contests, but if it had to be closed to keep things going, then that would be fine.

But believe me, the R9 is all mine! :eek:)

And of course we are on the verge of some of the biggest contests we have ever seen around golf forums.

And I am winning them all . . .

Haha whoa whoa whoa.. I didn't say THAT! :D

Work and other things have kept me from posting as much as I like, but I'm glad you kept the site going. This place is great. Again thanks Smallie for bringing me here.

JB, thanks for everything, I honestly don't know what I would do with my spare time in the offseason if it weren't for THP. GG, thanks for making JB keep this place going! I love this site, and it keeps me from going crazy in the winter. I plan on being here, posting regularly for a long, long time.

THANK YOU for everything THP, JB, GG, and Hacker!

Don't close this place! Then I'd have to go get a real job or something.

Work and other things have kept me from posting as much as I like, but I'm glad you kept the site going. This place is great.

same here

JB this site is relaxed, unbiased and fun. And as the "leader/site manager" you have been fantastic. Never EVER come across somebody on the internet so willing to help somebody he has never met.

that sort of atitude is what makes this place so good.

And i hope to be there winning more competitions when i can start posting more again soon!!!!!

thanks for everything you all do

Id like to echo what the others have said. I could never fully express how much I enjoy this site and how much better this site is than any other golf forum.
I think what makes this site so great is the family atmosphere. On a lot of other golf forums, it seems like a lot of the members have an, "Im better than you" attitude, but its not like that here.
I know that I say this a lot, but I truly feel that this is the best golf forum there is. Im a member on several other golf forums, but this one is BY FAR the best, IMHO.

Thanks Bake. We are glad to have such great members. It isnt us that makes it a family, it is all of you guys and girls. We are just glad to be a part of it.

JB and GG, thanks for offering a wonderful site. I haven't been a member long, but feel like I just extended my family. CG always raved about this site and I understand why. I must say it is TOP-NOTCH!

Thank you so much to everyone! THP meansn everything to us and so do our members, we have too much of a good thing happening here to end it because of a few hiccups. There will always be bumps in the road, but there is no way we will let that ruin this amazing ride!

Thanks for everything THP! A great site with even better people. It is great to have a huge family that loves golf.

I am pretty new to this forum, but it much better than any others I frequent. Glad you stuck with it. Being old school, I can be some what opinionated about golf at times. If I ever get out of line just stomp on me. I am a quick learner. :comp:

Nah, Provisional, you are good. We like opinionated around here.

Back