Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for another great testing opportunity!!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 588 / Eidolon 48*; 54* and 58*
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Intregued and want to hear more about some real world use as well as different types of lies, grass and shot types ie chip, pitch, full shot etc.
4. RH or LH? Right hand
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? yes, daily reader and poster.

Thanks THP and Taylormade. Awesome idea to make it personalized to.

1. What wedges do you currently play? - 52* Vokey 200 series 8 bounce, 54* Taylormade Rac Black 10 bounce, 60* Cleveland 588 that has been ground down a bit.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I actually don't know if I have even seen these in person yet. I shied away from TM wedges after the Rac series because I felt like their wedges dropped performance wise.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I like the sole design a lot since it is kind of similar to how I ground down my 60*. It looks a little fatter so I would be interested to see just how much you can open it and also how it would be in the sand with both an open face and a square face.
4. RH or LH? Right handed
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am on here everyday and like to try to stay pretty involved although I feel like I slowed down a bit recently.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I have entry level Tom Watson wedges, 52-56-60, that I bought for $60 brand new. It's the only wedge I know because I started playing last summer. So I do not have a comparison to any other brand.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am intrigued at the possibility of a versatile wedge. I am currently looking at upgrading my wedge set and was pretty set on the Vokey TVD's for a 50, 58, and 54 V Grind in achieving something similar to the ATV's intended purpose. Because I primarily walk, and only carry 10 clubs, I pull and replace my clubs depending on course condition. To have a few versatile wedges that work all the time would be nice and simple.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Active in reading the forum since last fall. Traditionally I usually do not post on forums because most of my questions can be answered with a search. But I will comment often if there is a specific purpose such as this.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate,
Raymond

Thanks THP and TaylorMade for this amazing opportunity!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Callaway Forged 51, 55 and 59
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No. Not yet I haven't had the chance
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think it looks somewhat like the modified C grind that Callaway offers. Hopefully, similar playability.
4. RH or LH? Right handed.
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I try to be as active as possible. My posting average is about 8.5 a day. Increased significantly in the last 5 months however.

Very cool stuff!

1. What wedges do you currently play? An old Turbo sand wedge (Calaway knock off, but unsure of the degrees) that a friend gave me in 1994 and a 64* Knight golf wedge that I found in the trash can of a course with its shaft bent in half.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have swung the ATV wedges in store as I waited for assistance for other clubs and did like the feel, but have not taken a full swing with them.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I find myself in many senarios on my home course that require differnt wedge shots/angles/etc so these clubs sound very interesting, but I would like to see what would result in a real world (in my hands) senario.

4. RH or LH?
RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I post occasionally but read every day for tips, laughs and info.

I just noticed that TM was going to personlize them for us, that's great for anyong who gets this oppertunity.
If you just want to put JC on one of them then if you don't like the wedges I can use it. Not a big fan of my 56* J40.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Taylormade R7 CGB PW, SW, and a Vokey spin milled 58.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I will try anything to improve my short game.
4. RH or LH? Right
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes. I read THP every day. Post mostly when I have a question.

1. What wedges do you currently play? :macgregor: VIP Black Forged 52/6-56/12-60/8
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Have looked at them in store, but have not played them.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am really intrigued by the design and presently pondering a similar design in the SCOR line
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes

Thanks again THP and TM for the opportunity to possibly test, best of luck to everyone and really looking forward to the feedback!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Taylormade R7 CGB PW, SW, and a TM xFT CC 52
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not yet
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It's big, but i like it. Reminds me kinda like the cavity backs i have now and very similar to the RBZs.
4. RH or LH? LH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes. I read and post on THP almost every day.

I can't wait to follow the testing thread on this one. I am in the market for new wedges and am very curious about these. Wish I could put my name in the hat for testing but I just have no time to adequately test these.

1. What wedges do you currently play? CG14 48*, 56* CG15 52*
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not tried the ATV Wedge
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It is an interesting design, and I am curious as to how it will perform on bunker shots, chips, and half swings for 40-60yd shots.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I do consider myself an active memebr of THP, being on the forums catching up, at a minimum, everyday.

1. What wedges do you currently play? A 58, 54, and 61 degree vokey SM4 wedge with S300 shafts
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? no, the indoor testing areas make the club feel different than outdoors
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? i like the idea but i would like to try them before any further judgment
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am new to the site, but I really love the atmoshpere and i try to get on daily.

Thanks THP for the great testing opportunities!!!

1. What wedges do you currently play?
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?
4. RH or LH?
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?

1. I currently play the titleist SM4 wedges in 50 54 and 58 with dynamic gold s300 shafts.
2. no i have not gotten to try out the wedge yet. I have swung it in my clubhouse but they do not have nay demos.
3. i really like the sole design and believe that it will work really well. It is a really good idea so that you dont have to have different wedges for the different conditions you play in.
4. RH
5. Yes, i am always on the forums looking at what people have to say and using there comments and ideas. I might not post a lot but now that school is almost out and it is summer, i will be able to post a lot more and get a lot of testing in because i work at my local course. I will be able to go to any hole and test all different kinds of shots. Will also be able to have others test the club along with me.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I just started playing Mizuno MP R-12 54* and 58*.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have at the store, would like to see what they do in all kinds of lies on the course.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am sort of skeptical about the sole and wether it is really all that versatile, would have to mess around with them a bit.
4. RH or LH? Right handed
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I do.

Thanks
David

I just made the switch to Bridgestone J40 51/56 from Eidolon
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Yes, I spent a small amount of time with it at demo day. Unfortunately not enough
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I didn't have a great amount of success with the v-sole of the Eidolon's. From my small amount of time with the ATV it seems to be a similar concept, but not quite as aggressive. I think its a great design
4. RH or LH? Righty
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yep, I read and post nearly every day. I average more than an hour daily on THP.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Titleist Vokey Spin Milled, 52° and 56° (non-conforming)
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No, although I did find it extremely interesting, my local golf shop doesn't carry it in an LH :arrogant:
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Personally, I think it's an excellent idea, as the sole on my Vokeys is difficult to use when it comes to opening the face wide, and I would definitely consider this sort of technology in my next set of wedges
4. RH or LH? LH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I would say fairly active (although not as much as many others). I spend a fair amount of time reading up on the interesting threads, and post when I feel I can contribute

If not chosen, I still would love to hear others' thoughts on the sole design and its usefulness. Thanks to :thp: and :taylormade: for this fantastic opportunity!

TaylorMade RAC 52* and 56*

I have not.

I find it very interesting. It seems similar to the sole on my RBZ irons and I'd like to see how it works in different lies.

4. RH or LH?
LH

Yes I do. I'm online multiple times each day and will be able to post more now that school is out for summer.

TM XFT Z-TP

I have not.

I'm skeptical about it. I'm sure it's more versatile than most, but as versatile as they say? They'll have to prove it to me.

4. RH or LH?
RH.

More active in some areas and less in others, but overall, yes I consider myself fairly active.

This is great! I have been wanting to get another set of wedges.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I have a Ping Tour 52 * and a 56*

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not tried them yet

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I really like the design and think they would benefit me with my type of swing and the course I play.

4. RH or LH?
RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I post everyday. I am on here between my mobile, playbook, computer at least once an hour.

I have benefitted from this site and I have contributed as well. I fully understand the responsibility I would have with being a tester. Jman would be the type of tester I would pattern myself to.

Travis

1. What wedges do you currently play? SCOR 50/54/58
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No I haven't
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It appears to be a great idea. I love having the ability to be very versatile with my wedges.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I do.

1. What Wedges do you currently Play? Cleveland 588 54/58
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am extremely excited about the idea of a technically engineered versatile wedge. The variable bounce is very intriguing.
4. Rh or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself and active THP member? Yes, but, I am new and understand this could be a disqualifier.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Titleist Vokey 52/8 and 60/6 and a Cleveland RTG 56/14 (it's rusty and nicked and I love it)

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No, I have not. I used to have a Taylor Made SW but the reality is that if I was considering buying a new wedge or more than one, TM would fall low on my list of wedges to check out, in no small part because other companies seem to put more emphasis on them. That has obviously changed with this club's release.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It's an interesting concept and typical of TM's approach of questioning convention and then analyzing alternatives. They're also good marketers, though, and I often find myself wanting to like a club and then hitting it and deciding I like the feel of something else better. I'd have to see it and hit it to believe it, but if it works as advertised it would be something to consider adding to the mix of wedges I currently own.

4. RH or LH? RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I lurk daily and post in fits and starts - to me that counts as 'active'. As the weather has gotten better, I'm spending less time behind a screen and more of it outside, but I still pay attention daily to what's going on at THP.

1.What wedges do you currently play?
Taylormade xFT TP 52 Degree & 56 Degree
I have seen them at the local golf courses over the last couple weeks I held them in hand but I could not demo them. Great Concept coming from the company that brought the xFT I would love to see the direction they are moving.
The changeable face on the xFT is a great idea but nothing would beat a club with a versatile sole. I think it’s great for a company that is moving forward with Innovation.
4. RH or LH?
RH
I joined months back and everyone greeted me with open arms I loved it. I been following THP for years but decided to join when I became a more active golfer. The last couple years I been shooting in the 80s and I think its time to make my mark on THP

1. What Wedges do you currently Play? vokey spin milled
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? looking for a new set to replace my son to be illegal wedges ):
4. Rh or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself and active THP member? this is actually my first post but i will be looking to hang around a learn more, i have recently picked up playing regularly, i used to play on a team in High school then didnt have the funds to play as a poor college student

1. What wedges do you currently play? Adams Watson Wedge that Im borrowing from a buddy.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Nope, all i see is everyone saying good things.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Im really intrigued, I wanna see how it performs in all lie types and what is making everyone talk about it.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yep, although I just joined I love lurking the forums everyday for at least an hour. Love seeing what people buy and shoot every day.

Back