Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

201242613254313.jpg

The Wedges
Find out all about these wedges here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16650

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
8 Forum Members will be selected to participate.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process

If selected it will be your job to test the clubs out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the clubs thoroughly. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules

This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What wedges do you currently play?
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?
4. RH or LH?
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?

Bonus
TaylorMade Golf has decided to make this test a little personal. Those chosen to test the ATV wedges, will also have their initials stamped on their wedge that they receive.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

The Testers
Kmac
leiruagetro
inhartwetrust
Ol Gray
bmwnola
JeffReedMO
thedue
DarrenK

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for this!! These wedges have me more than intrigued after listening to the video chat with Mike.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 900 Series 54° w Rifle Spinner (it's at least 10 years old haha) and a satin Vokey Spin Milled 60.04, it's off the tour and has a C-Grind on it and 2 holes ported in the back.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not yet, I am trying to a find a local place to test them outside. I need to hit them outside to see what the sole design is really made of.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It all sounds great on paper, and to hear about, but I don't buy any hype or believe anything until I see/feel it for myself. If it lives up to the hype, it could change wedges forever.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Considering my girlfriend yells at me about the amount of time I spend on here daily, yes.

Thanks to THP and TMAG for the opportunity. Whether or not I am chosen, I will be following along to hear everyone's feedback and thoughts.

Very, very cool opportunity here thanks to TaylorMade and THP! I am definitely more intrigued by these post demo day reviews and the radio show on Friday.

1. What wedges do you currently play? SCOR, but soon to be Bridgestone J40's
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No, I have not
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It reminds me of the variable sole concept that is being used by SCOR and Bridgestone to name a few. I have found that it works very well for me as compared to traditional wedges where you order both loft & bounce, etc.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Why yes, yes I do.

Very cool opportunity to test form Taylormade and THP!

SCOR's

No, I have not as of yet.

Very intrigued. The concept is why I went to the SCOR's and it would be very intriguing to me to see just how the ATV sole compares obviously but just importantly I'm curious to see how it stands on its own in the varied conditions like what we see here in Oklahoma.

4. RH or LH?

RH

Yes, THP is my addiction to say the least. Not only am I on throughout the day I'm participating in the conversations and discussions as well. Frankly its my home on the internet, no doubt about it.

Big thank you to Taylormade and THP for a great testing opportunity to see what the ATV's are all about and put them through the paces. I know the THP'ers selected will do a truly thorough job!

Another awesome testing opportunity by THP and OEM TaylorMade! Thanks again!

1. I play Cleveland CG14 wedges in a 52 and 56 degrees
2. Hit the ATV wedges in the rain at the THP Demo day. Wish I had more time with my own ball.
3. Very interesting sole design. I kinda struggled through choosing an actual bounce with my club, this will be a welcome change to playing tigh lies and plush fairways and rough.
4. RH
5. Absolutely, how else am I going to spend the work day!?

1. I currently play the ATV Wedges in 50 and 54 lofts.
2. Yes, I own them.
3. I love it. It makes almost all shots easier to pull off for me.
4. I'm a righty.
5. Yes.

Thanks to THP and TMaG for another great testing opportunity!

Great test here. Thanks THP and TM!

1. What wedges do you currently play? SCORs and i20s
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Yes. Initial impressions were positive. Could work for a lot of people.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Being very familiar with SCORs it's great to see another company embrace a versatile sole that can work in a variety of lies.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yup.

I want to thank TaylorMade and especially THP for the awesome opportunity yet again.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Wilson Staff TW9 52/56/60

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not - I've only held one at a local shop.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am incredibly intrigued about the dual sole after hearing so many good things about it from the 2012 THP Demo Day participants who have hit this wedge. Versatility is key in this game, and a wedge that can perform many different shots from many different lies would be a very welcome addition to my bag. Having always hit wedges that have a set bounce, I am wondering how this unique sole design would perform for me compared to a traditional wedge - pitches, chips, bunker shots, and full shots.

4. RH or LH? Left Handed

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I've tried to jump into THP and hit the ground running. After a relatively short period of time, I really do consider THP and my fellow active members as a sort of second family. I hope I have been giving some insight to people (especially in the mid-high handicap range) on equipment that I have played, and hope to continue to do so.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Clevland CG 15's
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No I haven't
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Look interesting and I would love to see how they perform in both tight lies and in deep rough
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I am on this site daily and comment when I am knowledgeable about a product.

1. I play a 60* Vokey with 4* bounce.
2. I have stood over the ATV but I have not had a chance to demo it.
3. I am very interested in the sole design to see if it lives up to the hype. I would love for it to be as versatile as advertised.
4. RH
5. I consider myself an active member. I check the forums multiple times per day and ask questions when they come up. I feel that even though I don't have many posts, each of those posts are either informative or inquisitive. My stats aren't padded by pointless banter.

I am very excited about this testing. I love almost all TMAG products but am skeptical about this offering. The reviews here will help make up my mind on whether or not to purchase (one or several). Thanks for the opportunity!

1- I am currently gaming Cleveland 588 wedges
2- I have not tried the ATV wedge
3- After listening to In The Rough, it seems like they have really come up with a winning version of a combo sole, and I would look forward to trying it out.
4- I am LH
5- I absolutely do

1. What wedges do you currently play? Two old TM wedges that we're hand me downs. I'm in desperate need of new wedges.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It's definitely different. I kind of like the flatter look of these to the more rounded look of most wedges.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? While not as active in the past couple weeks, I do consider myself an active participant.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for ANOTHER great oppuntunity.

If there is one testing I would like to test, it is this one. All my clubs are Taylormades. I am interested how these soles will work for me here in texas on some of the tight lies we have around some of the courses I play.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I currently game a 56* TM Chrome RAC wedge and a 60* TM xFT TP wedge

2.Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not tried them before as there is no place to try them here where I live

3.What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think it is a great concept. Takes the guess work out of what degree bounce you need which should help a lot of begininng golfers. I know that i have problems with my wedges because of the tight lies and the bounce on the wedges. Makes it a lot harder for me to hit good shots and costs me strokes on my game. I think these wedges will help me on that part of my game.

4.RH or LH? RH

5.Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I do consider myself active,as i am on this site on a daily basis and I try to chime in whenever I can be of help.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Mizuno MP-T11 in 50, 54, and 58
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not tried them but am interested in the concept.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think the design sounds great on paper, who wouldn't want a wedge that works on any kind of lie. Would be great to test that theory.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I consider myself an active member, I check in atleast once a day and sometimes more and I do a fair amount of posting.

Thanks to THP and TMAG for this great opportunity!

Seriously. Tappin'.

I currently play SCOR 45, 50, 55, and 60 (bent to 58) degree wedges.

I have not.

While I like the design of the sole from the intended functionality standpoint, it is not the most attractive sole I've seen. If it performs, I won't care about the sole aesthetics. The thought of never having to worry about different bounce options when buying wedges is very appealing given that I play different courses and conditions compared to playing the same course/conditions all the time.

4. RH or LH?

RH

Yes, I am a longtime member, and I post almost everyday.

Thanks to TaylorMade and THP for another great testing opportunity!!

1. I play Cleveland 588 wedges.
2. I have not tried the ATV wedges.
3. I'm very interested to see if all the buzz I hear about the wedges can measure up to what I want them to do.
4. I am RH
5. I am very much an active member. I try to contribute whenever I can but many times I just follow along to what others are saying.

Thank you very much for the opportunity.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Adams Classic 52, 56, & 60

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No, but these are on my list for upgrading my current set very soon.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Very interesting

4. RH or LH? RH

I stumbled onto the site a few months ago and now can't stay off of here, so.... Yes.

Thanks to Taylormade and THP for a chance at testing these!

I would love to try these wedges out!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Taylormade xFT 52, 56 and 60 degree

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not yet but would love to! I love wedges
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I'm interested in not having to deal with selecting a bounce anymore, but the question is will it really work?
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I do.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52/56
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No i have not
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? intriguing design curious to see how it performs
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes

Another great testing opportunity, thanks THP and Taylormade for this opportunity!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Callaway forged wedges
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not yet
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Very interesting design, I love the idea of using the same wedge for multiple shots.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I consider myself very active, I am here every day and make multiple posts each day.

RBZ AW
Cleveland 588 54 & 58

Not yet however I hope to really soon! I think this wedge will really be a turning point for my short game.

If it's anything like the RBZ AW wedge it will be a really awesome club. From what I have heard the sole is money, from any type of lie.

4. RH or LH?

RH

Yep. I have been active member now for 3.5 years now and I consider it an honor to test new equipment.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Nike VR Pro Wedges
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Yes, at the THP Demo Day
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Honestly, at first I thought it was enormous and not too appealing. After getting the opportunity to demo the club, I got to fully understand why it was designed the way it was.
4. RH or LH? Righty
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I would say I am quite active on THP, I have been known to have a couple posts per day, but also look to support THP on Twitter, Facebook and any other outlet that I can.

1. Currently gaming my old r7 AW 50*, 56* & 60* Taylormade RAC wedges
2. I haven't had the pleasure of trying these wedges out yet
3. I'm very intrigued by the sole design and if it can live up to what they say it does. To see a wedge that can hit every shot would be something. It seems like you're always compromising something with whatever loft/bounce setup you go with.
4. RH
5. I browse daily, but haven't been able to post as often since I started my job.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Currently play the Burner 2.0 AW (50 degree), and a Vokey 52 degree (8 bounce) that has been bent to 55 degrees to maintain a 5 degree gap in my clubs.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not tried the new ATV wedge.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Very unique looking, and I hope to try them out to see how easily I can change my shot shape. I struggle a lot with my short game currently, hopefully it would allow me to improve.

4. RH or LH? Right Handed

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am trying to be more active, posting more frequently (i don't want to comment on stuff just for the sake of commenting though). I am on reading in the forums probably 15 times a day.... I get a lot of spare time at work, and at home in the evenings, and I try to keep up with what everyone is trying to improve on, what they are buying, and just trying to learn more to improve my game. My current course doesn't have a lot of people my age, and the group I play with are all 15 years older than I, I appreciate the atmosphere and the willingness to give advice, as its a bit difficult for me to get advice/help at my current course.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Nike Victory Red Forged 54* & 58*

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not as yet, but I really want to give them a try.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? It reminds me of the sole on the Birdgestone WC wedge that I gamed for 3 years, I would like to see how they compare.

4. RH or LH? Righty

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? My wife certainly does and I have to agree with her on this one.

A huge thanks to THP and TaylorMade for this great opportunity for some luck THPers.

Back