What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I played in a tournament yesterday and one of the guys that played with our foursome is a friend of my dad. He's a member at a course in the upstate of SC and he brought a slew of balls with him. I played a Titleist golf ball for the first time yesterday. A ProV1x to be precise. I thought it was a pretty dang good golf ball. I enjoyed it off the driver, enjoyed it out of the fairway and off the wedges but thought the durability was pretty lacking. I will say this though: I was very happy with it off the tee. Really a surprise for me. I won't buy them, but just thought I'd mention that it was pretty good.

It is a good ball, it just kind of sucks that it is never is on sale or anything. When you lose one, it's painful. It is my go to ball, but if I'm not playing that great and there is a hazard on the hole, I'll play something else. I love it off the tee and fairway and it's pretty good around the green. I haven't tried the Z Star or Hex Black yet, but out of the balls I've played, it's the best ball for my game. I haven't found the durability to be that bad; I used one for 36+ before I hit it out of bounds.

It is a good ball, it just kind of sucks that it is never is on sale or anything. When you lose one, it's painful. It is my go to ball, but if I'm not playing that great and there is a hazard on the hole, I'll play something else. I love it off the tee and fairway and it's pretty good around the green. I haven't tried the Z Star or Hex Black yet, but out of the balls I've played, it's the best ball for my game. I haven't found the durability to be that bad; I used one for 36+ before I hit it out of bounds.

I was pleasantly surprised. Now I see why Lee Westwood games it, LOL

It felt very solid off the tee, kind of like the ZStar XV. You'd like that ball too man.

The ZStar XV seems like it would be a good fit and from what I've read, the durability on those things is amazing.

My usual prov1x X-outs (29.99 a box) I usually play regular prov1x's for tourneys, but I might try the Zstar XV's since they're getting good feedback.

Oh, and I think Im happy with the Prov1x since I hit my first hole in one last night with one!

My usual prov1x X-outs (29.99 a box) I usually play regular prov1x's for tourneys, but I might try the Zstar XV's since they're getting good feedback.

Oh, and I think Im happy with the Prov1x since I hit my first hole in one last night with one!

That's awesome. Congrats!

Nice! I wanna join that club!

The ZStar XV seems like it would be a good fit and from what I've read, the durability on those things is amazing.

They are! I can't decide if I like it or the ZStar better. The yellow version is great, too. It's awesome playing in a 4some and knowing from a distance which ball is yours.

Dang! congrats on the Hi1!!! That's awesome.

Nice! I wanna join that club!

They are! I can't decide if I like it or the ZStar better. The yellow version is great, too. It's awesome playing in a 4some and knowing from a distance which ball is yours.

I'm on the fence. You're right, they seem awesome for vision, and they're just cool. I'm just worried how they'd affect me at address. Guess there's only one way to find out!

Thanks for the congrats all! The worst part about it was I holed the 8th, and birdied the 9th and still ended up 1 over! Lol my putting is killing me this year.

Congratulations! I hope the ball is sitting prominently on your mantle assuming such decor is allowed in your house.

My last round found me using prov1x's, all found on courses in the woods and ponds of course. Funny how I can donate my usual NXT on a hole and end up walking away with 5 Prov's :)

Now that I can keep my driver in play more often, I switched to the prov1x and though I found it not great distance wise, it certainly felt good off every club. I only lost perhaps 10 yards off of drives. I plan to give it a go this weekend for the 2 rounds I have planned and see how it goes.

Started with a cally hex chrome but it went swimming on #2.
Finished the round with a nike one tour

DT SoLo. Good ball.

I rocked out with the Gamer today. I decided to use because the greens are soft from all the rain. It rolled out more than I am used to, but it worked reasonably well.

Usually play lesser priced balls or whatever is on sale. Played last few rounds with Noodle Long & Soft.
Played today with Bridgestone e6. Nice ball, moderately priced. Found them to be pretty straight and true
and played nice around the green. Not any longer than the Noodle, but much better from 100 yds. in...
Usually shoot between 90-95.

Shot an 89 today and could have donea bit better if I could putt...

Played the b330-rxs. Love that ball especially for my irons and around the greens. Just have to be careful drivin into narrow fairways....

I used the rocketball for 9 and a pro v1 for the back 9. Dom know if it was the ball or starting to feel my swing but the pro v1 was much better

Really enjoying the B330 in both the long an short of it. Feels good coming off the driver and rolls well on the green side of things. Hoping to get in on a private fitting challenge on Friday or just show up and get denied! Putted both the Callaway HX Diablo Tour and Bridgestone today and could really tell a difference in feel on the putting green. I think I picked up the Callaway because of Diablo III that came out, or it was a free sleeve or two, can't remember.

Just ran out of decent balls in my bag and ended up at a course that only had Nike Balls on hand, so I picked up a sleeve of 20xi-x's and WOW is all I can say. I have played Titleist balls mostly for the last year and most recently I was playing the NXT Tour-S and Pro V1-X alternately depending on course, conditions, and for pure comparison. But now my whole song and dance has changed.

Durability 8/10: I changed out my first ball only after I took a rough bounce off a cross fairway cart path that gave me a great lie very close to the green but left a good scuff on the ball. I finished out the hole just fine with it scoring a Par and finished the day and my next round with the second ball. I played a fresh ball during my third round and it lasted wonderfully through 18. I will be using a fresh ball on my next round only because I dropped my ball in the parking lot under my bag and scuffed it up real good. I believe I can get between 1.5 - 2 rounds out of a ball before wear begins to affect playibility.

Off the Driver 9/10: Feels great, flies straight and pierces the wind well. Great mid-flight, doesn't balloon like other balls have done to me in the past. Rolls great and doesn't excessively spin. I previously encountered "hard jumps" off the landing with most other balls. Usually it was beneficial, but occasionally sent me into trouble off the fairway.

Long Irons 10/10: Straight high piercing ball flight. I tend to draw the ball (a bit excessively on occasion) but not with this ball. Off of my hybrids this ball performed like a dream. Crisp and clean every time.

Short Irons 10/10: Words cannot describe the effortless ability to produce "stop, drop, and roll" (just enough) shots out of the rough, sand, or even uneven fairway.

Wedges 10/10: Every shot felt pure, mishits were felt with clear distinction, but not punished as severely as with other high performance balls.

Putting: Crisp clean feel with beautiful roll. The greens here in the desert are getting nasty but after 3 rounds on different courses, this ball proved to be top of its class!

Overall I have played 3 seperate rounds with this ball, all on different courses. I have posted subsequently lower scores each round and have only cycled through 3 balls, which in my experience is much better than other tour level balls. In the end I feel this ball fits my game the best out of all I have tested thus far (Srixon, Bridgestone, and Callaway) with each having their own high and low points. But for now I am excited for my round with a brand new sleeve tomorrow morning!

I have been using the newest Burners by Taylormade and I like them a lot. I don't think I will be switching for a while. I get more distance with them and I can spin them pretty easily.

srixon z star xv... it lasted 8 2/3rds holes lol
seemed like a hard ball... wasnt too bad tho

I just played a round with a Nike NDX Heat. I really enjoyed it played only 9 but got a Birdie and really felt great on the greens.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

started with a nike one platinum but on the 2nd hole i hit a high draw when i was trying to hit a high cut and it launched right into the drink
finished with a bs e6... absolutely love this ball... went far and even got it to spin a few times on the greens

I've been bouncing between the 330RX and the E6. I like them both a lot. And I like the yellow balls.

Srixon Q-Star Yellow.

My ball of choice is the whole line of Nike Golf Balls, special the ones with the more softer cores for better accuracy an forgiveness, and can't wait to get my hands on the new ones with the newer RZN Core. So my last round was with a Nike ball.

Played another 18 with the Srixon Q-Star yellow. Really like this ball. My drives have been straighter but they seem to have a higher trajectory. Also this is only my second round with my new 58* wedge so still really can't judge the roll out yet.

Going to try a sleeve of the Bridgestone E5's next. Golftown also has the Srixon Z-Stars on sale as well as the Taylormade TP5's and TP3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back