Boccieri Forum Testing Review Thread

Good thoughts so far guys....sounds like they're still the same consistent clubs as they always seem to be

Don't think I've ever tried to use a hybrid for a punch out. Great writeups so far guys

good reviews so far guys! in honor of the testing thread im gonna be playing a set of heavy irons for tomorrows round since my set are getting reshafted and Hanks was nice enough to lend me his. pretty excited to finally get these out for a whole round and see how they perform after reading these reviews they were my first pick from Hanks Many iron sets! lol

good reviews so far guys! in honor of the testing thread im gonna be playing a set of heavy irons for tomorrows round since my set are getting reshafted and Hanks was nice enough to lend me his. pretty excited to finally get these out for a whole round and see how they perform after reading these reviews they were my first pick from Hanks Many iron sets! lol

Oh cool, buck! Haven't ever seen those so I'm looking forward to seeing how you hit them tomorrow. We definitely need to do a HOTD with the usual suspects...

Oh cool, buck! Haven't ever seen those so I'm looking forward to seeing how you hit them tomorrow. We definitely need to do a HOTD with the usual suspects...

yeah i liked the Boccieri reviews for a while and i like heavier clubs and havn't had much of a chance to hit these. really looking forward to it.

I use my Heavy 3W as my punch out club now. It's so consistent and I feel 100% confident with it for this type of shot.

I usually use my 4i for a punch shot but will definitely be trying that with the boccieri next time!!

Can't wait to hear how they work out for you buck

*rethinks outfit for tomorrow*

I think you'll really like them man...right up your alley for a stouter club.

yeah i liked the Boccieri reviews for a while and i like heavier clubs and havn't had much of a chance to hit these. really looking forward to it.

Don't think I've ever tried to use a hybrid for a punch out. Great writeups so far guys

I love using my 4h for punch outs, with the added weight I can totally see how these would be even better.

Punch outs and chips with a 4h are really good...I'm sure this one can handle both

I love using my 4h for punch outs, with the added weight I can totally see how these would be even better.

Mini Update

Mini Update

6/7 - Thornberry Creek at Oneida Golf Course in Hobart, WI
77 degF - Minimal wind

I had my league last night. In 9 holes I have 2 tee shots that require a 3wood and at least 1 shot from the fairway that requires a 3 every week. We played the white flags last night.

courseclear.jpg

9holesmall.jpg

Holes 3 and 7 are 3wood tee shots and hole 8 requires one from the deck.

Last night I realized that my big sweeping draw is gone. It is now a little baby draw, if any draw at all. I hit beautiful straight balls on 3 and 7. Except I was aiming out to the right to play my big draw. Well, on 3 I had to chip backwards, just to get into the fairway. On 7 I pushed it over the trees into 8's fairway. The tee shot on 7 looked impressive. I used my Skycaddie to mark the distance. It tallied 244. That is easily 15-20 yards longer than I ever hit my previous FW, the Adams F11.

We won't talk much about the second shot on 8, it wasn't good.

As well as the Boccieri seems to square itself, if you hit off of your back foot it won't turn out well.

I really like the confidence that I get from the Boccieri. I know that as long as I successfully manage my swing mechanics, the results will be good. The feel off of the club is really nice. Given the weight in the head and grip end, the club has a wonderful pop. The sound off of the face, when struck well, is also quite pleasing. One of my competitors even mentioned how powerful it sounded.

I don't want to litter my updates with swing thoughts, but I think I am going to have to be mindful of my backswing. I am worried that if I sway to much coming back, the weight of the club may make it hard for me to get forward.

Either way, the club is a performer. I haven't had a chance to hit it from the rough, or a bad lie, yet. So there is still plenty to learn.

If anybody has questions or thoughts, please be sure to share.

Kmac and JJ

Since you guys have the hybrids. Are the heavies taking divots for you or are they sweeping and picking the ball up clean? Is that different from or the same as your usual hybrid shot?

Last edited:
Great reviews so far fellas, Blu(e) that's some solid contact buddy. In all those write ups the one thing I was worried about didn't come up, the shallowness of the face resulting in going under or catching a ball high out of the rough. Pleasing to read that's not been the case so far. Each of you seeing pretty similar results is also is convincing of the quality.

Again fantastic feedback guys, keep it up!

--
Tapatalk2

Kmac and JJ

Since you guys have the hybrids. Are the heavies taking divots for you or are they sweeping and picking the ball up clean? Is that different or the same than your usual hybrid shot?

Sharkeyhat,
I am more of a sweeper and therefore my typical hybrid shot does not take a divot. I did not really notice any difference there than my regular hybrid. I can say this though: I hit one fat and it did chunk up more than a fat shot with my regular hybrid would. Maybe this is an indication that it would create a bit more divot with the wieghting than a regular one. I will pay attention more to this next time and hopefully have a more concrete answer for you. Kmac may know as well.

Great reviews so far fellas, Blu(e) that's some solid contact buddy. In all those write ups the one thing I was worried about didn't come up, the shallowness of the face resulting in going under or catching a ball high out of the rough. Pleasing to read that's not been the case so far. Each of you seeing pretty similar results is also is convincing of the quality.

Again fantastic feedback guys, keep it up!

--
Tapatalk2

This is one thing I am gonna do this weekend: hit it out of the rough and see how it feels. Currently with my regular hybrids, I lose an ungodly amount of distance in the rough, way more than what's typical

Good stuff Kmac! I know I definitely found that "smoother is better" with these clubs. They truly are workhorses that just get the job done. I can't recall anything good coming out of trying to kill these. Nice smooth swing, club gets into the slot, and great results the majority of the time.

I gotta try one of the FW woods. Just packed all 3 hybrids into the bag to give the folks in Austin a chance to try them out.

Exactly!

Great reviews so far fellas, Blu(e) that's some solid contact buddy. In all those write ups the one thing I was worried about didn't come up, the shallowness of the face resulting in going under or catching a ball high out of the rough. Pleasing to read that's not been the case so far. Each of you seeing pretty similar results is also is convincing of the quality. <br />
<br />
Again fantastic feedback guys, keep it up! <br />
<br />
--<br />
Tapatalk2
<br />
<br />
This is one thing I am gonna do this weekend: hit it out of the rough and see how it feels. Currently with my regular hybrids, I lose an ungodly amount of distance in the rough, way more than what's typical

That's a good test of a hybrid, rough is a devil to get out of with a hybrid that doesn't get down well.

--
Tapatalk2

Kmac and JJ

Since you guys have the hybrids. Are the heavies taking divots for you or are they sweeping and picking the ball up clean? Is that different from or the same as your usual hybrid shot?

In my round yesterday I didn't see any divots but it did rip up the rough pretty well. I played the RBZ before and this is the same thing I saw with it.

Blu, 244 is a heck of a strike off of the tee. That's awesome. Very nice write-up!

Enjoying this thread so far.

Blu, 244 is a heck of a strike off of the tee. That's awesome. Very nice write-up!

Enjoying this thread so far.

Thank you for the kind words.

It was a healthy poke. I wish it landed on the hole I was playing. I was actually 102 yards out with a clear view of the green. It wasn't too bad.

I am still getting used to not having a huge sweeping draw, but the Boccieri sure does feel powerfull.

Thank you for the kind words.

It was a healthy poke. I wish it landed on the hole I was playing. I was actually 102 yards out with a clear view of the green. It wasn't too bad.

I am still getting used to not having a huge sweeping draw, but the Boccieri sure does feel powerfull.

They sure do man. IMO its one of the best sounding FW on the market as well, such a pleasing solid sound but yet there is still a metallic note that goes along with it. Love my 5 wood. Great updates testers.

Great reviews guys. I've always preferred a heavier head club.
I really want to get my hands on one of the hybrids to try out.

Great reviews guys. I've always preferred a heavier head club.
I really want to get my hands on one of the hybrids to try out.

Most of the noticeable weight is in the grip end of the shaft. It is a change to feel all that weight. Especially since almost every other OEM is going lighter.

Most of the noticeable weight is in the grip end of the shaft. It is a change to feel all that weight. Especially since almost every other OEM is going lighter.

Definitely a change for the better!

In lieu of reading through 15 pages again I'll just ask. . . did any of you dial in your distances yet and how do they compare to your late clubs? I really liked how these Boccieris turned out for you they look grrrreat

Back