Boccieri Forum Testing Review Thread

In lieu of reading through 15 pages again I'll just ask. . . did any of you dial in your distances yet and how do they compare to your late clubs? I really liked how these Boccieris turned out for you they look grrrreat

I haven't yet. I imagine this will go head to head against a RBZ 3h. I hope to get out this week again and get some info

Tapatalk

In lieu of reading through 15 pages again I'll just ask. . . did any of you dial in your distances yet and how do they compare to your late clubs? I really liked how these Boccieris turned out for you they look grrrreat

I lieu of telling you to go back 1 or 2 pages for my last update, I hit my 3wood 244 off of the tee. Which is 15-20 yards farther than I ever planned on hitting my previous 3w.

I lieu of telling you to go back 1 or 2 pages for my last update, I hit my 3wood 244 off of the tee. Which is 15-20 yards farther than I ever planned on hitting my previous 3w.

Yeah I remember reading yours those are some nice distances.

I am going to look onto distance more vs my current hybrids this weekend

Well I got a chance to use the heavy irons today for a round and let's say I left wanting to own them. I hit them that well. Very solid clubs glad I finally had a chance to game them. I hit a bunch of really nice shots especially for never hitting them and no warm ups. These woukd be a great back up set and monkeying around set for me for sure. I loved the way they felt and could always feel where the club head was with these. Really interested in following how you guys like the woods and hybrids now. Keep up the great reviews.

Last edited:
Well I got a chance to use the heavy irons today for a round thanks to Hanks and let's say I left owning them. I hit them that well. Very solid clubs glad I finally had a chance to game them. I hit a bunch of really nice shots especially for never hitting them and no warm ups. These are now gonna be my back up set and monkeying around set for sure. I loved the way they felt and could always feel where the club head was with these. Really interested in following how you guys like the woods and hybrids now. Keep up the great reviews.

Thats awesome man, its a iron I have been wanting to try since getting the Heavy 5 Wood. Im curios to see what the rest of the testers are seeing distance wise compared to their current hybrid or FW, I know BG is longer with his cant wait to hear how the others compare in distance.

Thats awesome man, its a iron I have been wanting to try since getting the Heavy 5 Wood. Im curios to see what the rest of the testers are seeing distance wise compared to their current hybrid or FW, I know BG is longer with his cant wait to hear how the others compare in distance.

The irons for me were very close but I found myself wanting to club up and take an easier swing. I really think the heavy clubs help you take smoother swings. They aren't a grip and rip club for sure. Which is why I grabbed them too.

Well I got a chance to use the heavy irons today for a round and let's say I left wanting to own them. I hit them that well. Very solid clubs glad I finally had a chance to game them. I hit a bunch of really nice shots especially for never hitting them and no warm ups. These woukd be a great back up set and monkeying around set for me for sure. I loved the way they felt and could always feel where the club head was with these. Really interested in following how you guys like the woods and hybrids now. Keep up the great reviews.

Man I would love to try out the irons, sounds like they play just like the woods do.

Well i will give a quick update on the nine I played today. it is not going to be a full update, for the simple fact that I only hit three shots with the Boccieri 20* heavy hybrid. Here is a rundown on what I experienced:

The first shot was on hole #3 par 5. My driver shot went into "slice city" so I was sitting in the rough 280 out. (Let me say I was aiming all my shots a little to the left of what I wanted for my tendencies to "push" them.) I aimed to the left of the green and let it rip. Solid 205 out of the rough (checked it with iPhone GPS app) EXACTLY where I was aiming, but on the fairway. It was a great shot that lead to a par after a sub-par drive.

The second shot was on a par 4. I had 205 to the center of green just off the edge of the rough, in decent conditions. I knew a solid hit would send me over the green but since I wanted to get the Heavy Hybrid out I decided to try a nice easy swing and see what happened. It did seem to go through the rough fairly easy but I tried to swing too easy and left it short of the green on the fairway. Again though, albeit my struggles today, the Boccieri when straight were I was aiming it.

The final shot was on the final hole, a Par 4. I hit my driver and landed it on the edge of the fairway, but really wanted to try the Boccieri off the tee. (I was by myself and no one was behind me, so I decided to hit another.) I can say the struggles I was seeing with my driver appeared with the Boccieri off the Tee. I can attribute some of this to trying to "crank" it off the tee and to my struggles off the tee all day period.

Overall I can say the two shots out of the rough I hit are exactly what I were looking for with a hybrid as well as on the fairway. Again, (said this in my previous report) I need to practice this more off the tee as my one shot today wasn't very good. I know this is an attribute to my current swing as much as everything.

Sorry for the skim Jj but is 205 about the same distance you were seeing before? I seem to think your Nike's were a little shorter for some reason but digging back through the thread on this slow connection is a bear. Two shots that where you want is a pretty good result especially from the rough.

Do you feel like the backweighting is keeping you in better tempo vs your old hybrid?

Well i will give a quick update on the nine I played today. it is not going to be a full update, for the simple fact that I only hit three shots with the Boccieri 20* heavy hybrid. Here is a rundown on what I experienced:

The first shot was on hole #3 par 5. My driver shot went into "slice city" so I was sitting in the rough 280 out. (Let me say I was aiming all my shots a little to the left of what I wanted for my tendencies to "push" them.) I aimed to the left of the green and let it rip. Solid 205 out of the rough (checked it with iPhone GPS app) EXACTLY where I was aiming, but on the fairway. It was a great shot that lead to a par after a sub-par drive.

The second shot was on a par 4. I had 205 to the center of green just off the edge of the rough, in decent conditions. I knew a solid hit would send me over the green but since I wanted to get the Heavy Hybrid out I decided to try a nice easy swing and see what happened. It did seem to go through the rough fairly easy but I tried to swing too easy and left it short of the green on the fairway. Again though, albeit my struggles today, the Boccieri when straight were I was aiming it.

The final shot was on the final hole, a Par 4. I hit my driver and landed it on the edge of the fairway, but really wanted to try the Boccieri off the tee. (I was by myself and no one was behind me, so I decided to hit another.) I can say the struggles I was seeing with my driver appeared with the Boccieri off the Tee. I can attribute some of this to trying to "crank" it off the tee and to my struggles off the tee all day period.

Overall I can say the two shots out of the rough I hit are exactly what I were looking for with a hybrid as well as on the fairway. Again, (said this in my previous report) I need to practice this more off the tee as my one shot today wasn't very good. I know this is an attribute to my current swing as much as everything.
Nice little update there, JJ. When I was gaming the Heavy Wood last year, one thing I always loved was the ease of hitting it out of the rough. I would head to the area at the range and drop balls there and just hit shot after shot from the rough, and it just seemed so easy. Glad to hear you experiencing that as well, nice shot to have in the bag isnt it?

Sorry for the skim Jj but is 205 about the same distance you were seeing before? I seem to think your Nike's were a little shorter for some reason but digging back through the thread on this slow connection is a bear. Two shots that where you want is a pretty good result especially from the rough.

Do you feel like the backweighting is keeping you in better tempo vs your old hybrid?

At the range, I was seeing probably around 210-220ish (estimate) so that wasn't bad out of the rough at all. I can say the two rough shots gave me a glimpse of confidence with the Boccieri. The distance is a hair longer than my Nike's.

To be honest SW, I didn't hit my Nike Hybrid's today so I can't specifically say anything about the back weighting. But what I can say is that overall there is just "that feeling" I get when swinging it. It is to the point where it has me wanting to try out their other products.

At the range, I was seeing probably around 210-220ish (estimate) so that wasn't bad out of the rough at all. I can say the two rough shots gave me a glimpse of confidence with the Boccieri. The distance is a hair longer than my Nike's.

To be honest SW, I didn't hit my Nike Hybrid's today so I can't specifically say anything about the back weighting. But what I can say is that overall there is just "that feeling" I get when swinging it. It is to the point where it has me wanting to try out their other products.

That is some great distance with a hybrid JJ. As far as ball flight goes, how does the launch and carry look is it high launching and high ball flight or lower than a typical hybrid?

That is some great distance with a hybrid JJ. As far as ball flight goes, how does the launch and carry look is it high launching and high ball flight or lower than a typical hybrid?

Honestly, I feel like the launch is alittle bit lower than what I am used to seeing with my hybrids. Carry seems a bit longer but that is comparing a 20* (heavy hybrid) with a 21* (Nike SQ Machspeed 3H).

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the honest reviews, it is greatly appreciated!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the honest reviews, it is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for supporting THP and its forum members. It is an honor testing your equipment. It has opened my eyes. Hopefully we can open some more.

Thank you for the support on THP and giving us another shot at testing Boccieri equipment.

No problem! I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to test these products and dish out honest reviews. Really intrigued about other products along the Boccieri line!

I wanted to post these pictures of my 3w's face. There seems to be a chip, or a scratch, or some kind of wear right in the middle. I don't think it will cause an issue, but it is there nonetheless.

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

It isn't big and as long as it doesn't affect the club's performance I don't care. But this is after 2 range sessions and a 9 hole round. I know there are a lot of guys who want their clubs to look as new as possible for as long as possible.

Like everyone else said, thanks for this great opportunity. So far this has been a great piece of equipment for me.

I wanted to post these pictures of my 3w's face. There seems to be a chip, or a scratch, or some kind of wear right in the middle. I don't think it will cause an issue, but it is there nonetheless.

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

It isn't big and as long as it doesn't affect the club's performance I don't care. But this is after 2 range sessions and a 9 hole round. I know there are a lot of guys who want their clubs to look as new as possible for as long as possible.

Looks to me like it just hit a sandy ball or a scuffed ball. Nothing abnormal from those pic's.

Looks to me like it just hit a sandy ball or a scuffed ball. Nothing abnormal from those pic's.

that's what it looks like to me too. Kind of hard to tell from the picture though

that's what it looks like to me too. Kind of hard to tell from the picture though
me too, nothing abnormal looking IMO. Dirty range balls will do that to any club.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care. It hasn't affected the clubs performance. It may just be a scuff for all I know. But I figured it was worth some thought and worth putting into the thread.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care. It hasn't affected the clubs performance. It may just be a scuff for all I know. But I figured it was worth some thought and worth putting into the thread.
I agree dude, def worth noting in the review. If you testers dont have any problem with this I will post a pic of my 5 wood face from last years testing thats still in my bag. If not I totally understand.

Back