TaylorMade ATV Wedge - Everything You Would Want To Know

Nice video, I really need to test these out in a bad way.

You all may have seen this video before but in light of the new ATV I was watching it and it makes me so much more excited wow!

[video=youtube;KtIpT6UrdX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtIpT6UrdX0

Ok i'm probably killing you guys with anticipation but this video adds to all the great info that we heard in the awesome radio show this week. Wow I'm so excited that I'm going to a local taylormade dealer just to look at this thing

[video=youtube;9Jiq2-FAxTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jiq2-FAxTM[/video]

I just got mine and have a question, but be ready it may be a dumb one. Why are there two dots on the grip? I could guess but want some real answers if anyone knows. Thanks.

So I seriously went to the pro shop just to take picture and check this thing out

7367468722_c7361ba078.jpg

7367468948_76deff0583.jpg

7182235701_c06d7cd286.jpg

7182235935_770008d1f4.jpg

I am seriously pondering either a 50 or a 52 now!

Awesome! Thanks for the link. This thread is true..everything you want to know about the ATV wedge.

Uriel, great pics man! At first I wasn't a fan of the "in the bag" look (which to me doesn't matter one bit in the grand scheme of things), but it is really growing on me.

Uriel, great pics man! At first I wasn't a fan of the "in the bag" look (which to me doesn't matter one bit in the grand scheme of things), but it is really growing on me.

Me too, I am excited for the ATV and I went to ponder the possible set make up, there are so many options right now haha

Me too, I am excited for the ATV and I went to ponder the possible set make up, there are so many options right now haha

I know the feeling, dude. As I said in the Sign Up thread, I went through the same thing a couple nights ago and all day yesterday. I settled on

During testing: Adding a 50° for full shots only, just to cover distance gaps from my 46° PW and the 56°.
After testing: I will add a 60° and bend the 56° to 55°, and that will be my long term set up.

In those pics, I like the look of the sole on the 50° too. It looks a little thinner, and looks like it will work really well for my low running chipping needs.

Final answer for me, I can't ponder any more than I already have, lol.

I myself will hold off buying anything until well into the testing, if then. I need to see how this club performs first and pit against my Cleveland CG's will be a formidable task. I really do hope this club "Wow's" me into a full set, but it will have to earn the spot.

My pitching wedge is 45˚and I think I will be good buying a 50˚ ATV. If this 56˚ works out for all my shots, I may not even need to get a lob wedge. Another thing I may do is have my 58˚ bent to 59˚ but I don't even want to mess with bounce and may just get an ATV lob

Im going to take a wait and see approach before making any huge wedge changes. I want to see how this 56* works first.

Im going to take a wait and see approach before making any huge wedge changes. I want to see how this 56* works first.

Makes the most sense, I dont think there is any reason to order the other 2 wedges before first testing out the 56* you guys are getting to test.

Me neither I want to see if this wedge is as versatile as it is said to be first. Listening to the radio show-agian, made me rethink my future wedge set up, I really like that rose used the 52, 56 and 63-64 I forget exactly lol. I am hoping the 56 will take care of my high lofted wedges though

Solid plan right there, Kmac. Im pretty much banking on your review to decide what Im going to do.

Im a little worried that I'll really like this 56*, pretty much expect that I will and then my whole set up is thrown out of whack. Ive all but given up 60* wedges for the 58* but I might have to rethink that. Or give up the 60* for good. Im pretty curious though.

Im a little worried that I'll really like this 56*, pretty much expect that I will and then my whole set up is thrown out of whack. Ive all but given up 60* wedges for the 58* but I might have to rethink that. Or give up the 60* for good. Im pretty curious though.
Im really thinking that the 56* will be versatile enough for you to open the face way up and play it as a 58*/60* type shot.

Im in the same boat. Hopefully we get some great results.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm dealing with too, I only carry a 52 and 58 but now I am going to have a 52 56 so I'm afraid the 58 will be too little loft difference between the 56

Tried these a few days ago and not sure about them. The grip is a cool idea but kinda gimmiky to me. Just not really needed. The sole really works! Lays tight on tight lies and opens up easily. For me wedges are a very picky thing. I just couldn't get use to the extra weight on the head compared to my CG15s. Another thing I noticed, while not harsh, they are not near as soft feeling as the 588s.

Makes the most sense, I dont think there is any reason to order the other 2 wedges before first testing out the 56* you guys are getting to test.

I ordered the 50° because if I have a full shot in to a green from 140 yards, the 56° I am being given to test isn't going to get me to the green, or be my club of use...but a 50° will. I could hit an awkward knock down PW, but, what would that prove about the 56°? Nothing.

I am not going to have my bag go from 46° to a 56° as my sole wedge for full shots, because that isn't going to prove anything more or less about the 56°. It simply isn't possible for me to hit a full 56° as far as a full 50°, so I'll be bagging the 50° to use on full shot. I will be using the 56° exclusively on shots 130 yards and in (i.e. my full distance with it), including everything greenside.

I ordered the 50° because if I have a full shot in to a green from 140 yards, the 56° I am being given to test isn't going to get me to the green, or be my club of use...but a 50° will. I could hit an awkward knock down PW, but, what would that prove about the 56°? Nothing.

I am not going to have my bag go from 46° to a 56° as my sole wedge for full shots, because that isn't going to prove anything more or less about the 56°. It simply isn't possible for me to hit a full 56° as far as a full 50°, so I'll be bagging the 50° to use on full shot. I will be using the 56° exclusively on shots 130 yards and in (i.e. my full distance with it), including everything greenside.

I just thought it made more sense to use your current 50* thats in the bag until you found out if the 56* worked for ya. Not saying its a bad thing you ordered the 50* just thought it made more sense to make sure this wedge worked out before is all.

I just thought it made more sense to use your current 50* thats in the bag until you found out if the 56* worked for ya. Not saying its a bad thing you ordered the 50* just thought it made more sense to make sure this wedge worked out before is all.

I think that might have sounded worse in typing than it did in my head, I wasn't trying to come at you with that post at all. I was just explaining my thoughts behind getting another wedge when I am supposed to be testing the versatility of the 56°...it wasn't necessarily directed towards you, more of just an in general thing that related to your quoted post. My bad if that struck you in a wrong way.

I didn't have a 50° before because I've been waiting to figure out what wedges I was going to get...and it has been KILLING me having the 46° to 54° gap. I agree, it could backfire on me if I don't like the ATV's...if so, I guess I will just have to sell the 50°...hopefully I won't have to do that though :glasses-cool:

Back