Ping Adjustable Driver?

Does Cleveland have an adjustable driver? I know they are really concerned about the weight of drivers.
I think this could be PING just listening to what people want, similar to what they did with forged irons.

I don't know for sure. I was just going off of what Jeff mentioned a few posts above.

Good point about Ping possibly doing this simply to cater to its customers' wishes. If only Ping would add plastic black ferrules to their irons' hosels.

Part of me wonders if the adjustable golf club is a marketing ploy disguised by golf technology.

Does Ping and Cleveland really believe in adjustable drivers or did they jump on the bandwagon late for fear of "being left behind."

I think that the move towards adjustable drivers is the way the market is going and whether rightly or wrongly, it's what people have been conditioned to look for at this point.

I often wonder when it comes to adjustability, do golfers use it the way it is designed (for fitting), do they use it at all, and/or is it just "cool". I mean its amazing to me to see people changing face angles constantly but never touch the weights in their driver (using TM as an example).

Well at a discussion with Golftec, I learned that I could get away with different weight configurations and it doesn't have to be all or nothing so I'm going to be buying a weight kit and am thinking about maing my driver a little more neutral instead of draw or fade configuration. I did a quick fitting with my head pro and we decided that I need at least .5* of loft higher, a neutral face and a neutral driver head for best results and once I dialed it in correctly, I left it that way and I haven't changed it sense.

Does Cleveland have an adjustable driver? I know they are really concerned about the weight of drivers.
I think this could be PING just listening to what people want, similar to what they did with forged irons.

Not on the market now, but apparently it is in the works.

I don't know for sure. I was just going off of what Jeff mentioned a few posts above.

Good point about Ping possibly doing this simply to cater to its customers' wishes. If only Ping would add plastic black ferrules to their irons' hosels.

they did that for the i20's, but not the g20's.

I often wonder when it comes to adjustability, do golfers use it the way it is designed (for fitting), do they use it at all, and/or is it just "cool". I mean its amazing to me to see people changing face angles constantly but never touch the weights in their driver (using TM as an example).

I could definitely tell the difference in ball flight when I played with the settings on an R11 driver. But, I ended up keeping it at the standard setting. (I maybe had the loft a little lower.) The 910Fs are the same way. Both are set to A1 (since I still haven't bought a wrench), and the ball flight is what I am looking for in each club.

I like having the option of adjusting the clubs and doing any fine tuning that is needed. But, I don't seem to be actually using the adjustments that much, if at all.

To the topic at hand, I'm frankly shocked that Ping doesn't already have an adjustable club. That seems like something that Ping would be doing by now.

The weights are what I use the most of, face angle gets adjusted as well but the weights are the key for me in helping cut my hook down. After that I do think it would be awesome to see what Ping comes up with, would love to see them in the adjustable market.

I almost won't consider a driver that is not adjustable at this point. As Ddec said on the first page, a lot of it for me is the ease at switching out shafts. Even though I don't play with the settings that much outside of probably the first few weeks, it almost feels constraining to me to have a driver that I can't move weights around or adjust loft/face angle on to help counteract where my swing has gone.

Ping Anser line is on it's way and will have it's own full line (including the putters and wedges)
New driver, fairway and a replacement set of irons. Driver is adjustable, iffy on the fairway.

Ping Anser line is on it's way and will have it's own full line (including the putters and wedges)
New driver, fairway and a replacement set of irons. Driver is adjustable, iffy on the fairway.

are they just building on the anser line of irons, wedges, and putters? Adding driver and fw?

are they just building on the anser line of irons, wedges, and putters? Adding driver and fw?

Replacing the irons and then a new driver and fairway to extend the line. Iffy on if there will be hybrids or not

wasn't involved in the original list you fact finder, you! haha

Cobra - open, closed, neutral and no weights hehe

yeah remember when the St8Fit line was so easy?

Wow 32 settings? Guess they've changed it a bit from the last time I saw one.

Actually I go to weights first...then face angle...

I am not excited about this, but only because I just bought the G20 and hate the idea that my purchase will be antiquate technology (I don't have gratuitous coin laying around to splurge on another driver).

The weighting question was supposedly why Ping and Callaway refused to enter the market - you have to make up for the weight added to the hozel somehow/somewhere and the available options were counterproductive to forgiveness and distance. I guess their principles are giving way to a desire to sell more clubs.

I have a connection to someone at Ping. I'll poke around a little and see what I can find out / share.

I am not excited about this, but only because I just bought the G20 and hate the idea that my purchase will be antiquate technology (I don't have gratuitous coin laying around to splurge on another driver).

The weighting question was supposedly why Ping and Callaway refused to enter the market - you have to make up for the weight added to the hozel. I guess their principles are giving way to a desire to sell more clubs.

I have a connection to someone at Ping. I'll poke around a little and see what I can find out / share.

That, OR, PING has researched the piss out of it like they do and found a solution that they truly like. I'm betting on that one as PING is on fire right now with their equipment.

I don't think I would ever want to use an adjustable driver. For me, I would rather adjust my swing, try and get a better swing than tweak my driver and effectively place a band aid on my swing and keep swinging incorrectly. I can see how it could be beneficial but when adjusted so much it will be a severe band aid.

I agree

That, OR, PING has researched the piss out of it like they do and found a solution that they truly like. I'm betting on that one as PING is on fire right now with their equipment.

I agree with this. PING seems to take their time and do it right.

"AD1". just my guess.

I agree with this. PING seems to take their time and do it right.

That's what I like about PING. Sure they added the forged iron line and wedges, but they didn't just jump into it right away. Really like the "pureness" of PING myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put it under the Anser line.

I've owned the Nike Machspeed driver, R11, R11S, Rescue 11, and R11 3 wood and I don't think I've ever played a round of golf on anything but neutral - if I have, it's probably only with the Machspeed but don't think I did. I think the biggest advantage is being able to easily change the shaft though.

I have heard some rumblings out there this morning saying that PING is about to enter the adjustable driver market. I know there are plenty of guys on here that really enjoyed the latest PING drivers. What do you guys think about them apparently being ready to bring their first adjustable driver to the market?

Could be, but my contact at Ping for the Facebook page I take care of says he knows nothing.

Could be, but my contact at Ping for the Facebook page I take care of says he knows nothing.

PING guys, no matter how well you know them (unless they're family). Are not going to tell any of us anything anyways. Why would they start spilling the beans about a new piece of equipment and then have word spread like wildfire only to drive down sales in their other club lines.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

New putters? Didn't they just come out with the Anser milled?

I almost won't consider a driver that is not adjustable at this point. As Ddec said on the first page, a lot of it for me is the ease at switching out shafts. Even though I don't play with the settings that much outside of probably the first few weeks, it almost feels constraining to me to have a driver that I can't move weights around or adjust loft/face angle on to help counteract where my swing has gone.

Completely agree with you

I've owned the Nike Machspeed driver, R11, R11S, Rescue 11, and R11 3 wood and I don't think I've ever played a round of golf on anything but neutral - if I have, it's probably only with the Machspeed but don't think I did. I think the biggest advantage is being able to easily change the shaft though.

Knowing PING though they'd hold on to those adjustable tips like a fat chick clinging onto a cheesecake! They like to do all the tinkering in house and are very touchy about you doing ANYTHING to the clubs they sell you. I'm kind of nervous about paint filling my i20's!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back