Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Thanks lads. Debating whether to go to the range tonight, my back is in bits today for some reason but really wanna go hit these irons

Nice sticks djhkelly!! You're going to love them!!

Don't overdo it and hurt yourself David! Only a month til the Morgan Cup! Those clubs are super sexy! What shafts did you get on them again?

Gonna leave the range off tonight not worth doing damage to my back. Might go in the morning depending on hoe the back is.

IN I went with the stock shafts.

Holy crap the couch is noisy !!!!!

I was hoping to get to the range later this afternoon and do a little more work with the Razr X Forged, but the 6 PM temperature is supposed to be 95, with 40 MPH wind gusts, so, yeah, that would be really dumb and would accomplish very little.

Great video David, I like the explanation of why you went with the X Black irons and stock shaft and talked about your fitting.

Awesome looking irons Kelly! Get that back healed up so you can get out and play buddy!

I was hoping to get to the range later this afternoon and do a little more work with the Razr X Forged, but the 6 PM temperature is supposed to be 95, with 40 MPH wind gusts, so, yeah, that would be really dumb and would accomplish very little.

Dang that sucks, I would be so angry right now haha, the weather is pretty hot and windy here to and I will still go and play in the evening though cause I have to play better and try out my new R11s.

I hope you can get more work in soon

Loving my Razr X Forged long and mid irons thus far (5, 6 and 7). Downright atrocious with the 8, 9 and PW. Don't know what the hell is going on there.

Jeff,do you have anymore to add to this? Lie angle, length,grind swingweight? I found that compared to the razr mb the xforged progressively gets lighter...the pw is 8g lighter in the xforged compared to the mb....so maybe compared to your previous set of irons , the xforged is slightly lighter in the short irons even after being fitted and swingweight measuring the same?

I don't know just thinking out loud...I'm still on the fence about these and being lefty its tough to find set to hit......update please.....

Nice pics and video, Kelly!

Ok so I went to the range this morning even though i'm having back problems. Wasn't feeling to bad after a bit of a warm up but now that i'm at work I can hardly walk. Still worth it though these clubs are insane good. I'll have a better update after my round with them on Friday.

[video=youtube_share;Zb7-pmY6pgI]http://youtu.be/Zb7-pmY6pgI[/video]

Great to see you are hitting them well David! Just take care of that back! Maybe Regina should be giving you daily back massages. Thanks for the video!

Nice Kelly. On the ones hit well it looks like the ball gets up fast and with ease. How much are you liking that hybrid? It surprised me how good it was when it was in my bag last year.

Nice Kelly. On the ones hit well it looks like the ball gets up fast and with ease. How much are you liking that hybrid? It surprised me how good it was when it was in my bag last year.

The RXB get the ball up very fast and very easy. I always felt I had to fight with the X-22 tour 5i to get a consistant ball flight but with the RXB 5i I just have to make a natural swing and the just jumps up. As for miss hits todays I had a few today but they were not nearly as bad as my miss hits with the X-22's.

Before TMC I had the Diablo Edge 3 hybrid which has always been my go to club. So I felt the Raxr X was meerly the next step up. The face on the RX is wider than the DE and the leading egde is a little deeper. All this taken into consideration the Raxr X is a beautiful club and really nice to hit. I'll take a picture tonight after work so you can see what I mean.

I don't know if I've ever spent serious time with the Diablo Edge hybrid, but I loved the v shaped leading edge on the Razr hybrid. Thought it was fantastic out of the rough.

The range this mornig hadn't been cut in a few days so it was pretty fluffy in places, so I sat a few balls down in the heavy stuff to see how it would perform. It cuts through very easy although it was harder to get to get the ball up in the air. In hindsight hitting those shots prob wasn't the best idea for my back... Oh well

The range this mornig hadn't been cut in a few days so it was pretty fluffy in places, so I sat a few balls down in the heavy stuff to see how it would perform. It cuts through very easy although it was harder to get to get the ball up in the air. In hindsight hitting those shots prob wasn't the best idea for my back... Oh well

go find some thick fescue and report back

Jeff,do you have anymore to add to this? Lie angle, length,grind swingweight? I found that compared to the razr mb the xforged progressively gets lighter...the pw is 8g lighter in the xforged compared to the mb....so maybe compared to your previous set of irons , the xforged is slightly lighter in the short irons even after being fitted and swingweight measuring the same?

I don't know just thinking out loud...I'm still on the fence about these and being lefty its tough to find set to hit......update please.....

Good question and thoughts out loud. I wish I could blame this on the sticks, but unfortunately, I can't and will take ownership of my short club struggles. Total swing flaw on my behalf. I get too close to the ball and too vertical with the short irons, leading to all kinds of issues. It's a constant struggle, to say the least. I hit them well on the range the other night, I just couldn't take it to the course this particular day.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Dang that sucks, I would be so angry right now haha, the weather is pretty hot and windy here to and I will still go and play in the evening though cause I have to play better and try out my new R11s.

I hope you can get more work in soon

Hoping to this afternoon, though it's not supposed to be any cooler, but slightly less wind. I am doing a range session in the morning tomorrow with a buddy, followed by 9 with him, before I play 18 with my usual foursome. So, I will have more input, maybe tonight, defiantly tomorrow.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Jeff, I've been reading about your problems with the scoring irons. Is it possible that maybe they need to be adjusted differently to the mid/long irons?

Kelly, nice video dude. Hope the back gets to feeling better.

Jeff, I've been reading about your problems with the scoring irons. Is it possible that maybe they need to be adjusted differently to the mid/long irons?

Kelly, nice video dude. Hope the back gets to feeling better.

You know, I hadn't really ever thought about that, but now that your bring it up, that is a very real possibility and something I am going to give more than a passing consideration. I have always been hit or miss with anything from the 8 iron down to the wedges, so the fact I struggled with these so bad on the course the other day (my first real time out with them and having to hit through the bag) doesn't really surprise me. I know I get way to vertical with the scoring irons. And my battles with the "S" word have been well documented, even in my short time here. I don't have these issues with the mid-long irons. Never really have. Hoping for better results tomorrow.

Nice video dhjkelly. Ball flight looks good man! They sound great too!!

Thanks lads, the back is after easing out a bit I went for a swim on my break, so happy days

You know, I hadn't really ever thought about that, but now that your bring it up, that is a very real possibility and something I am going to give more than a passing consideration. I have always been hit or miss with anything from the 8 iron down to the wedges, so the fact I struggled with these so bad on the course the other day (my first real time out with them and having to hit through the bag) doesn't really surprise me. I know I get way to vertical with the scoring irons. And my battles with the "S" word have been well documented, even in my short time here. I don't have these issues with the mid-long irons. Never really have. Hoping for better results tomorrow.

Is there anyway you can take those irons in some where and hit off a lie board? With the steep swing and shanks battles maybe they need to be flattened a little. Just a thought.

Is there anyway you can take those irons in some where and hit off a lie board? With the steep swing and shanks battles maybe they need to be flattened a little. Just a thought.

Yeah, once I had a little more time with them, I had actually considered doing just that. I really wish I had spent a little more time during my Mizuno optimizer deal, figuring out my proper lie angle, but all he had me hitting was 6 irons, which I don't have this problem with.

Back