Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Kelly nice feedback dude. I will watch the video when I get home later.

Had an amazing 2nd range session with the Razr X Forged tonight. I don't know what witnessing the birth of your first child is like, but when you put a good move on these irons, I, personally, would have to put it a notch ahead of watching Junior come into the world.

My first 80 balls tonight were a little sporadic, to say the least. It was feast or famine. My good shots were decent, by bad shots were, well, bad. I took a bit of a breather, hydrated with some Nuun (It was 94 freaking degrees) and kind of regrouped myself. I decided to make one small change to my grip and started taking a few practice swings. I felt like I had better control of the club and felt like I need to hit a few more balls to find out if I was on to something. I got another 100 balls and my go to club was the first club I grabbed. The 6 iron.

There was a thin, white 200 Yard Sign that I picked for my target with a small circle of thick, greener grass surrounding it. I hit 10 balls with the 6 iron and placed none of them more than 10 yards left of my target, or right of my target, and landed 5 of them inside the small grass circle. I landed two balls what would have been pin high and three or four within 5 to 10 yards of the 200 yard sign. All of my shots felt amazing!

To make sure the 6 iron (which as I said, I always seem to hit well) wasn't an illusion, I worked my way over to the 9 iron, which I struggled mightily with last round and was having similar results. Nothing too drastically off line and when I didn't catch it flush, I wasn't punished to severely with a lack of distance. My good shots were great, my bad shots were good. That's the goal, right?

I am still getting used to the tight, consistent fade I am getting with these, but it's actually a really beautiful thing to watch. I love watching my crisply struck iron shots sail through the air, reach the apex and start to turn over to the right so slightly. Once I get used to the consistent fade, these things will seriously almost be point and shoot.

Hope you keep the progress up with these, Jeff. I plan on getting back out on Sunday if my elbow cooperates for my second round with the X's.

Well, I think if Callaway got my irons shipped last Friday as they estimated (I know how backorders work so it may take longer), then I think they should be here tomorrow! My hybrid got here last Wednesday and the box showed that they were shipped on the previous Friday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I know they were working hard to get them out and they will get them to me as soon as possible no matter what, but I just have a good feeling about tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed! So excited to get my Morgan Cup irons in the bag and put them to the test. Even better...my training appointment cancelled for tomorrow evening so I don't have to go into the gym, which means I will be hitting the course even if it is 96 degrees like they are forecasting.

Nice Unboxing and first impressions Kelly....the Razr X Blacks feel great don't they?

Cant wait to see how you do with your first round.

Steele and I are supposed to play tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't rain again.

Had some really good swings with these today. Trying to get my distances dialed in as they are slightly different from my previous set. The control that I am seeing with them is outstanding. My direction has been superb, just distance has been slightly off. The shaft combo with the MB heads are money for my swing and tempo. As long as I don't get too slow or too quick with my takeaway, they go exactly where I aim.

Hole 1 today- pw after a conservative drive - thinned alittle to the rough next to the green, inside the bunker. User error as I wasn't warmed up yet.
Hole 4 - excellent PW from behind a tree to the collar, had to work it around the tree slightly and avoid a bunker left and did so flawlessly.
Hole 6 - 9 iron to the approach. Very good ball flight and spin. Wind knocked it down slightly, but overall it was a good swing.
Hole 7 - 5 iron hit about 215 or so to the approach. Perfect contact from the rough. Great direction and ball flight. Did exactly what I needed when I needed it to be right.
Hole 8 - 9 iron to the front left rough. Good swing bad bounce when it landed, should have been on the green, but kicked awkwardly.
Hole 10- 4 iron with a great cut, left to right to the fairway around the dog leg. Perfect shot from the tee on this hole.
Hole 13 - great punch 7 iron from behind two trees to the fairway. Very tough shot, pulled it off nicely. PW to the approach, should have hit a 9 iron. Regardless, ball flight was very good, direction was at the stick, distance was the issue- due to club selection.
Hole 14- 8 iron - decided to play a draw for fun as I was scraping it around alittle bit. Well I hit a beautiful draw, but didn't start it out far enough right - landed in the deep rough. Ball flight was great solid contact, user error.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my iron selection from Callaway (as I am with my entire bag of amazing equipment). They keep performing very well for me and they are amazing to look at!

UPS man just dropped off a long skinny box for me! He was even nice enough to give me a UPS logo pro V1 ball haha. Pics and video coming soon!

Nice, IN! Still plenty of time to get them out today too.

nice Bradd!

UPS man just dropped off a long skinny box for me! He was even nice enough to give me a UPS logo pro V1 ball haha. Pics and video coming soon!

Can't wait to see them man!!!!

Very nice Bradd

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys I've got the unboxing vid uploading, I recorded it on my regular camera and when I upload those videos it is slower than molasses so hopefully it will upload before the Morgan Cup gets here. But I did get them out for a round today and I came away very impressed. Most important stat....I parred every par 3 except one, and the one I bogeyed came from one that I just hit so well that I overshot the green with a back pin location. Other than that I hit every GIR on each par 3. I am loving the ball flight. Coming from having the Diablo Forged in the bag for a couple weeks again I immediately noticed the lower ball flight and it was so nice today when the wind was blowing a littler harder for the front 9. Accuracy was spot on, I couldn't ask for more. Shot a nice 81 tonight and could have been better if I would have putted better. The irons put me in position for a nice low score but I just couldn't get my pace down well on the greens today. I'm sure that will all be fixed once our putters get here :)

Played another round with the new Razr X Black irons....had a good round but kinda indifferent with the irons. I am still hitting a pull hook about 1 out of every 5 or 6 shots...especially with the longer irons. I hit a few today that I seemed to hit thin, but still managed a decent result with...it's only the third time out with them and I am sure once I get them dialed in they will be fantasitc!

Great unboxing video INgolfer!

Nice unboxing Bradd!! Those really are some stunning looking irons; I did not realize that we were going with the same shafts in our respective clubs. I think you are going to wreak havoc with these in the bag dude.

Hey guys I've got the unboxing vid uploading, I recorded it on my regular camera and when I upload those videos it is slower than molasses so hopefully it will upload before the Morgan Cup gets here. But I did get them out for a round today and I came away very impressed. Most important stat....I parred every par 3 except one, and the one I bogeyed came from one that I just hit so well that I overshot the green with a back pin location. Other than that I hit every GIR on each par 3. I am loving the ball flight. Coming from having the Diablo Forged in the bag for a couple weeks again I immediately noticed the lower ball flight and it was so nice today when the wind was blowing a littler harder for the front 9. Accuracy was spot on, I couldn't ask for more. Shot a nice 81 tonight and could have been better if I would have putted better. The irons put me in position for a nice low score but I just couldn't get my pace down well on the greens today. I'm sure that will all be fixed once our putters get here :)

Bradd very nice writeup! Cant wait to get my irons!

Nice unboxing dude. Treat those badboys a little nicer though. Looks like you were practicing the Tiger dump. Congrats dude

Nice unboxing IN! Those forged irons look niiiiice.

Saw a set of the XF irons tonight on the used rack at PGA. Holy smokes what an iron! High and straight with very good feel. These had the GS95 shafts in them and I kind of liked them, a lot. Granted I was hitting off a mat but still gave me a good idea of how they'd perform.

Might be one of my favorite Callaway irons ever. I think ol Chunky will shred up True Blue and Caledonia with these.

--
Tapatalk2

Great unboxing and first round IN! Sounds like these will be an easy transition for you.

--
Tapatalk2

Well a quick update before I go to bed as I'm exhausted. The Razr X Forged irons with KBS Tour shafts are the best irons I have ever had the pleasure of hitting for me. At half an inch long 1* upright they are fit perfectly to my swing, and they are allowing me to play the best golf I ever have right now.

I can't think of one bad shot I hit with them in my two rounds with them, but my good and great shots have been many. My round yesterday I was coming off a bad double bogey on 9 and I get to the par3 10th hole, playing at 189 uphill into the wind just a little bit, so I pull 5 iron and hit without question the best 5 iron I have ever hit, it never left the flag the entire time and left me with a 1 foot birdie putt.

I could go on, but for now I am just going to say I can't thank Callaway enough for the equipment they have sent to me as one of their tour staffers for the MOrgan Cup. Before this event I have never played a lot of their equipment but I have to say they have opened my eyes about how good their golf clubs really are.

Well a quick update before I go to bed as I'm exhausted. The Razr X Forged irons with KBS Tour shafts are the best irons I have ever had the pleasure of hitting for me. At half an inch long 1* upright they are fit perfectly to my swing, and they are allowing me to play the best golf I ever have right now.

I can't think of one bad shot I hit with them in my two rounds with them, but my good and great shots have been many. My round yesterday I was coming off a bad double bogey on 9 and I get to the par3 10th hole, playing at 189 uphill into the wind just a little bit, so I pull 5 iron and hit without question the best 5 iron I have ever hit, it never left the flag the entire time and left me with a 1 foot birdie putt.

I could go on, but for now I am just going to say I can't thank Callaway enough for the equipment they have sent to me as one of their tour staffers for the MOrgan Cup. Before this event I have never played a lot of their equipment but I have to say they have opened my eyes about how good their golf clubs really are.

I've only got one round and a range session in with the Razr X, but I gotta say I am very happy with what I've seen so far. Irons are long and hybrids fly high (and far). Can't wait to get back out with them again.

I really want to get another 6 iron and shaft it with a KBS Tour in S or S+, and compare it to my 6.0's PX, side by side. I love my ball flight with the PX, but my God, they just feel so harsh. I loved the Tour S+ when I was hitting the AMP forged. Plus, my KBS Tour Custom Pearl Silver would look PIMP in my Razr X Forged.

Nice Job IN....and a great first round too!

Played another 18 today with Steele and the Razr X Blacks performed very solid...I have slowly toned down the draw I was hitting to a nice little 5 yard draw....at first if was 15 yards...and for somebody that used to play a fade...it's really hard to make myself aim 15 yards right of target...LOL

I don't think I hit a bad shot with my irons or hybrids today....had 174 to a front pin location and took my 6 iron and hit a shot that covereed the pin from the moment it went in the air....the ball landed just on the green and backed up about 18 inches leaving me a 5 foot uphill birdie putt (I missed it...but that's another thread.LOL)

I had several great shots with the Razr X hybrids today too....The 4 hybrid is turning into what Steele calls my "money Club"....when it comes out of my bag he knows the ball is going to be all over the stick!!

I can't thank Callaway golf enough for the amazing clubs they have provided me for this great event!

Back