What would you do?

What would you do?

• Keep 'em...

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Send 'em back...

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My 'friend' has emailed them to let them know, he's been brought up to be too honest for his own good.

Interesting though that the poll has 'keep em' about the same score as send em back, but noone has responded to say 'let them soak up the cost for their own mistake', etc...

Are you Tapatalking to me?

That sounds about right. I'd definitely at least contact the company to make them aware of the mistake.

That is what I would do, you would certainly contact them if two had been ordered and only one was shipped. Same difference IMO.

In my experience it's too much money/time/effort for a company to worry about this. I'd call and let them know that I was sent extra balls but I bet that as great as Vanilla Flav's music is -the company will say keep em!

I would do as a lot of you. Call the seller. Inform them of the mistake and go from there.

I'd call the company and report my friend. They might send me some balls for telling on him.

Lol that's funny rep added.

I would definately contact the store and let them know what happened. Chances are they would tell you to keep them anyways but they deserve to be contacted.

I would be one to contact the store. They may have done it on purpose, or may have been a mistake. Either way, I'd rather let them know and see what happens than try to just keep what I know I didn't pay for.

Thanks for the posts guys, and the votes. The retailer has responded, and I've cut a deal : basically, they have a freepost address for returns (which I assume the company pays Royal Mail for at a flat fee, so the individual return costs them nothing), so they don't fall into the category of 'it costs too much to process the return for such a small item'...

Instead, they have offered to only charge me 25% for the 2nd box, for my honesty - so about 11USD for a dozen B330-RXS's... Not bad I guess. But I just hope the ball suits me now :act-up:

I've had this happen to me before with items I have purchased. I called the said company back to inform them of the mistake, and what I needed to do. I was told to keep the extra, too much of a hassle for them to send out return shipping labels etc.

I've had this happen to me as well and was told to keep the extra, it made a lifelong customer out of me that's for sure! So I voted Keep 'em, but that's what I was told to do!!!

I would email them and ask them if they want to pay to ship the extras back (thoroughly expecting them not to care). Generally though my thoughts would be that it's a big enough company to have online shopping and won't care, so morally I wouldn't think poorly on a person who just kept them (especially since they went on sale right after). Point of honesty: I've gotten home from big box stores where they've improperly charged me (to their detriment) and I've not gone back to fix it, but have had the same thing happen at small owner operated stores and have gone back and pointed out their mistake and paid them what I properly owed. I really am an anti-big business liberal's liberal lol :)

Thanks for the posts guys, and the votes. The retailer has responded, and I've cut a deal : basically, they have a freepost address for returns (which I assume the company pays Royal Mail for at a flat fee, so the individual return costs them nothing), so they don't fall into the category of 'it costs too much to process the return for such a small item'...

Instead, they have offered to only charge me 25% for the 2nd box, for my honesty - so about 11USD for a dozen B330-RXS's... Not bad I guess. But I just hope the ball suits me now :act-up:

Pretty nice deal. Really makes one confident you're dealing with good people there.

Back