Texas Get Together

DFW peeps...The Open qualifier is being held this Monday after the Byron Nelson at Glen Eagles in Plano. It's free to get in and there is a pretty good list of PGA players playing in it. They play 36 holes so it's all day. There are hardly any ropes so you can walk pretty much anywhere on the course. Here's the list of players so far but I'm sure some will drop off due to the Byron results (if you do well they move up in points and won't have to qualify):

http://www.theopen.com/en/Qualification/InternationalFinalQualifying.aspx?entries=America

I'll be out there Monday afternoon so give me a shout!

I agree with cookie about getting over and playing Texas Star. Very good course and not to far from where you are staying. I personnally believe it to be one of the best in the metroplex.

Agree with this - Texas Star is a great layout.

You have some nice course choices out there near Weatherford. Sugar Tree is very respectable and you have Split Rail in Aledo.
You should be able to round up some of the local THPers for a round. I personally like heading out that way to play those courses.
I am going to be moving to weatherford. It's still outside the metroplex but it isn't that bad of a drive.

Thanks again for the recommendations. Texas Star was a great course. I loved the layout. I ended up playing with a couple of guys that were already slow, but got slower as the round went on. As they got slower, my round got worse, but it was still fun playing it. There's a lot of risk/reward shots on that course. Tour 18 was fun as well, but the greens weren't receptive at all. You had to play a really high shot to get it to stay on the green and I couldn't get any check up on my chips which was killing me, but it was also still a fun course to play. The guys I played with on this course were an absolute blast to play with.

DFW peeps...The Open qualifier is being held this Monday after the Byron Nelson at Glen Eagles in Plano. It's free to get in and there is a pretty good list of PGA players playing in it. They play 36 holes so it's all day. There are hardly any ropes so you can walk pretty much anywhere on the course. Here's the list of players so far but I'm sure some will drop off due to the Byron results (if you do well they move up in points and won't have to qualify):

http://www.theopen.com/en/Qualification/InternationalFinalQualifying.aspx?entries=America

I'll be out there Monday afternoon so give me a shout!

Hey Nate, do you know what time spectators are allowed in?

Waiting patiently for the Houston location to be announced. Like everything else lately, it's the weekend my oldest son graduates high school. I'm guessing I'm gonna make a few people mad come Saturday & Sunday. I don't know if I can take off any days during the week, so the weekend is probably going to be my only shot at a THP gathering other than any evening things going on.

Waiting patiently for the Houston location to be announced. Like everything else lately, it's the weekend my oldest son graduates high school. I'm guessing I'm gonna make a few people mad come Saturday & Sunday. I don't know if I can take off any days during the week, so the weekend is probably going to be my only shot at a THP gathering other than any evening things going on.

same here

Going to be in Houston from about the 12th to the 15th of July just outside of Humble and my usual Houston playing partner will be overseas. Anyone care to get a THP round in during that span?

Where all my Houstonites be???? i know there's at least 10 of you!! lol

bumping this up for the 60 new Texas guys that have joined the last few weeks. We really do need to start thinking about our next meet and greet. I was ten shades of unhappy when my wife broke the news I had plans that week back in April heh.

Just throwing this out there for a statewide outing, Quicksand in SanAngelo($$) ( I know, not the most romantic place in Texas but would help those in the west part of the state) or Newport Dunes($$$) in Port Aransas. October is great in Port Aransas.

newport dunes i could do ... i aint going to san angelo lol

What is wrong with San Angelo?

images

images

images

Haha hey San Angelo ain't that bad, it's actually a very pretty town of about 80,000. Definitely a few nicer places in Texas to probably go though. I'd rather drive to Kerville or Lubbock than San Angelo. Any of the big towns though or their suburbs would be better price wise and hotel wise than anywhere out this way. With the oil field I know here in Midland for a good size group we would have to book 6 months in advance b/c of the oil field boom. Craziness out this way.

I tap, therefore I am

Haha hey San Angelo ain't that bad, it's actually a very pretty town of about 80,000. Definitely a few nicer places in Texas to probably go though. I'd rather drive to Kerville or Lubbock than San Angelo. Any of the big towns though or their suburbs would be better price wise and hotel wise than anywhere out this way. With the oil field I know here in Midland for a good size group we would have to book 6 months in advance b/c of the oil field boom. Craziness out this way.

I tap, therefore I am

Yes sir it is!

Come to DFW :)

I'll be watching for a place and date... Maybe I can get there.

Just throwing this out there for a statewide outing, Quicksand in SanAngelo($$) ( I know, not the most romantic place in Texas but would help those in the west part of the state) or Newport Dunes($$$) in Port Aransas. October is great in Port Aransas.

i'm 100% in for Newport Dunes

I think the DFW area would be easier for most, but I would consider whichever site.

DFW would be good for me.

I have really wanting to play Newport Dunes....I have heard lots of good things about it....it's a long haul for you guys in North Texas...hell it's a long haul for those of us in Houston...LOL

If a DFW place is selected, I'll try to make it over there as well, even though I'm not a Texan. That's only about 4 hours from here, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I have really wanting to play Newport Dunes....I have heard lots of good things about it....it's a long haul for you guys in North Texas...hell it's a long haul for those of us in Houston...LOL

I have played it and liked it plus in October there is no one in Port Aransas. It is a long way for just about everyone but, Golf , Beach, Food, all is good! We should do the next one up here since the last two were down south. July is out for a couple of you " special people" here and I am not sure if we want to do anything in August. I am gone the last week of September golfing in Denver area(not that I have to be at the get together) plus some may be going to the THP outings in September so that's why I put October out there.

Back