Texas Get Together

Nate or Cookie, if you want and have ability to play a round i could do it on Monday the 23rd during the day? The problem is that it will have to be during the day and i'll have to be back at 4pm before i need to meet up with some other folks to see the baseball game. My schedule for the trip is pretty much locked besides that day :/[/Q]

I might be able to get a round in with you. I will know more about my schedule by the end of next week.

Darn it - just realized I have a MGA event on Saturday morning (21st). Want to make this work somehow. Off to the course but will check in later.

bhilton - I could likely sneak something in late afternoon. Let's stay in touch if that meets your plans. I live like 5 minutes from Six Flags.

Let me know if you think something would be doable so I can start working on the missus and solve transportation :)

I have a 9:30 tee time with the girl, brother in law and his wife at the trails of Frisco on the Friday (20th) so I get to play a little golf anyway :)

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

Ah, the Trails of Frisco....interested to see what you think of the course when your done.

Ah, the Trails of Frisco....interested to see what you think of the course when your done.

I have no clue what to expect, their homepage isn't that good. But it will be interesting and hopefully a good time regardless of scoring :)

I have no clue what to expect, their homepage isn't that good. But it will be interesting and hopefully a good time regardless of scoring :)

It's a decent track, a good mix of easy and hard holes. I've had some very good rounds out there before. If it's in good shape then it should be good for ya!

It's a decent track, a good mix of easy and hard holes. I've had some very good rounds out there before. If it's in good shape then it should be good for ya!

Sounds good! I just wonder how the girl will manage. She just started and it will be her first time on a course playing.

Sounds good! I just wonder how the girl will manage. She just started and it will be her first time on a course playing.
It's a tuff course for a first timer! Bring a bunch of used balls!

It's a tuff course for a first timer! Bring a bunch of used balls!

Thanks for the heads up!

mcook77;1283373 bhilton - I could likely sneak something in late afternoon. Let's stay in touch if that meets your plans. I live like 5 minutes from Six Flags.[/QUOTE said:
That sounds good to me. I should be able to play anytime during the day. I'll stay in touch and we'll get something together a little closer to that day.

bhilton - I could likely sneak something in late afternoon. Let's stay in touch if that meets your plans. I live like 5 minutes from Six Flags.

My plans have slightly changed due to my wife having a leg injury. We will not be able to go to Six Flags on Thursday, so I've moved my golf days to Wednesday and Thursday. I am hoping to play Tour 18 one of those days, but it doesn't matter which one. If you can still play one of those days, let me know (or anybody else from DFW for that matter). I don't really have any kind of schedule set so it doesn't matter what time. Also, if you have any recommendations for another course to play besides Tour 18, I'd appreciate it. Let me know.

How much you wanting to pay for a round?

Tributes is also in the DFW area... It replicates famous holes from the Scotland links. It's $125 if memory serves.

How much you wanting to pay for a round?

Hopefully around $75. It can be a little more if it's a good course though.

Tributes is also in the DFW area... It replicates famous holes from the Scotland links. It's $125 if memory serves.

You can get cheaper rounds on GolfNow. They have some for about $80 on there. As a matter of fact, they have an available tee time at 5:52 AM. Anybody want to get a round before you go to work that morning? :act-up:

Just wanted to bump this if anybody can play or have recommendations.

Just wanted to bump this if anybody can play or have recommendations.

Sorry man - I blanked on the fact that I am driving to Florida Tuesday for the THP outing (when we discussed last month).

Where are you staying? Texas Star in Euless would be a great track to play if you are staying near Six Flags at all.

We are staying near the course for the Byron Nelson. I don't really know where that is in comparison to six flags, but I don't mind a little drive to any course.

In that case, you are within 20 minutes. Short drive down highway 183. Definitely look it up, great course, but tough, within that price range.

In that case, you are within 20 minutes. Short drive down highway 183. Definitely look it up, great course, but tough, within that price range.

Thanks man. Looks like GolfNow has it from $35-$50, so that's definitely within my price range. Have fun at the THP Outing. I'm sure I'll be back in Dallas again soon and will probably be playing again so maybe we can catch up then. If you are driving through Louisiana on I-20, you'll pass through my home town (Ruston). I'm not sure what day you'll be coming back through, but if it's Monday and you have time to stop for a round of golf, I'll be happy to take you out for a round.

I agree with cookie about getting over and playing Texas Star. Very good course and not to far from where you are staying. I personnally believe it to be one of the best in the metroplex.

That's an excellent deal for less than $50. Definitely let me know when you are back this way.

Should be driving back Monday but it's both the wife and I.....she would not go for that if you get my drift but I appreciate the offer!

Have fun out there, weather looks nice for you.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be booking tee times for Tour 18 and Texas Star in the morning. The weather does look nice for both my golf the the Byron Nelson. I'll let y'all know how it all goes.

I am moving to the dfw area in July. Can't wait with so many courses to play. I am not going to have any golf buddies when I move over there, so maybe we can set something up. Thanks and let me know if anyone is interested.

Definitely interested, let us know when you move and where to and we will setup something.

I am going to be moving to weatherford. It's still outside the metroplex but it isn't that bad of a drive.

Back