Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing two rounds with a demo set of 588's I'm now at a crossroads. I really liked the way the 588's played as well as the CMB's from Adams. Fairly similar irons as far as their playability and flight. 588's are just a hair more forgiving out toward the toe. Not an issue as I don't hit it out toward the toe very often at all.

After my two rounds with the 588's I'm take issue to the major glare issues I'm having. I find the mirror finish distracting. And the fact that the 588's after only two rounds have numerous dents, dings, and scratches all over them. I now question durability.

This is causing my ponder for a backup set of irons to lean toward CMB's now... I AM DRIVING MYSELF MAD!!!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I need a Bushnell Rangefinder stat.

Can someone tell me if the J38's are a .355 tip or a .370 tip?

After playing two rounds with a demo set of 588's I'm now at a crossroads. I really liked the way the 588's played as well as the CMB's from Adams. Fairly similar irons as far as their playability and flight. 588's are just a hair more forgiving out toward the toe. Not an issue as I don't hit it out toward the toe very often at all.

After my two rounds with the 588's I'm take issue to the major glare issues I'm having. I find the mirror finish distracting. And the fact that the 588's after only two rounds have numerous dents, dings, and scratches all over them. I now question durability.

This is causing my ponder for a backup set of irons to lean toward CMB's now... I AM DRIVING MYSELF MAD!!!

The chrome finish is definitely something I'm not too fond of. A couple of occasions it has really bothered me. I've got about 6 rounds of golf and a couple of range sessions under my belt and I am not seeing the durability issues that you are.

I'm sure it's a tough decision and I would love to see you with 588's, but it would be nice to actually see someone step up and bag the CMB's, especially after all the hype.

Will you get a set of CMB's already and stop messing around. Make it happen and sell those 588's

Okay so now my question. Can I put some .355 shafts in my .370's with an adapter? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Okay so now my question. Can I put some .355 shafts in my .370's with an adapter? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Yeah, they use shims. It's very common and dependable.

I'm pondering why I never pondered KBS shafts before. Those things are freaking awesome

Yeah, they use shims. It's very common and dependable.

Yep, just little brass shims. I've used them TONS of times and had no issues at all.

The chrome finish is definitely something I'm not too fond of. A couple of occasions it has really bothered me. I've got about 6 rounds of golf and a couple of range sessions under my belt and I am not seeing the durability issues that you are.

I'm sure it's a tough decision and I would love to see you with 588's, but it would be nice to actually see someone step up and bag the CMB's, especially after all the hype.

I'll take pics of the finish tonight and post in 588 thread, TC.

Will you get a set of CMB's already and stop messing around. Make it happen and sell those 588's

I never bought 588's. They were a demo set.

I'm pondering why I never pondered KBS shafts before. Those things are freaking awesome

hahaha, good question. I figured you'd like them. SO much better than those S300's.

hahaha, good question. I figured you'd like them. SO much better than those S300's.

Oh god yes. They are lighter by like 10 grams and just feel so much better. Plus the ball flight I'm getting is impressive to me.

Oh god yes. They are lighter by like 10 grams and just feel so much better. Plus the ball flight I'm getting is impressive to me.

Yeah, they're quite impressive. Very good feel and flight.

I never bought 588's. They were a demo set.

I guess I should read the forum more. So is that why they're so beat up? Demo set?

I guess I should read the forum more. So is that why they're so beat up? Demo set?

That would be my guess. Or Colt drives a golf cart like a damn maniac, LOL

Im right there with you ddec.

That would be my guess. Or Colt drives a golf cart like hanks drives a rental car in florida LOL

..... Fify

..... Fify

LOL, that would cause some wicked bag chatter.

I'm still pondering freaking shoes. I've almost OEM'd some Cross Flex's like 10 times today. I'm still torn though. Those or Lunar Ascends? My heart says the adidas but all you clowns say the Nike's. I feel like I'm subjected to marketing hype. Wtt?!?1

Yes. Yes. YES!

Seriously, even if you don't care for PING like alot of guys out there don't, you need to at least hit them. I think you might be shocked.

I don't care for Ping, and in my younger days I bashed Ping irons. I always said "I'll never play Ping irons"....

I now bag the i20's and I now have a new "best iron I've ever hit". Funny how things work out sometimes.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

That would be my guess. Or Colt drives a golf cart like a damn maniac, LOL

Nope. I drive a cart like CG played tourney golf...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back