Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tempted to try some lighter iron shafts. I play s300s in my irons. I think they're 130 grams. Maybe KBS Tours (120g I think) or PXi (112 or something). Maybe I'll go find some demos or something tomorrow.

I'm tempted to try some lighter iron shafts. I play s300s in my irons. I think they're 130 grams. Maybe KBS Tours (120g I think) or PXi (112 or something). Maybe I'll go find some demos or something tomorrow.

I am doing the opposite. I have 95 gram shafts right now.. Moving up to 125.. Could be quite the transition

I am doing the opposite. I have 95 gram shafts right now.. Moving up to 125.. Could be quite the transition

That's what I did. I moved from 90 to 130. It is quite the difference, that's for sure. I'd like to try something in the middle.

That's what I did. I moved from 90 to 130. It is quite the difference, that's for sure. I'd like to try something in the middle.

What did you think of that transition? What was the biggest difference?

I'm pondering every different variation of the mFGP2 SeeMore has ever made. This just fits my eye insanely well. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you think of that transition? What was the biggest difference?

You get tired way faster. And it's harder to control when you're tired. I loved the heavier weight though because it just feels like I'm putting so much more behind the ball when I strike it. The only thing I don't like is the control I lose when I get tired. I never felt it until now. So I would like to try something a touch lighter.

You get tired way faster. And it's harder to control when you're tired. I loved the heavier weight though because it just feels like I'm putting so much more behind the ball when I strike it. The only thing I don't like is the control I lose when I get tired. I never felt it until now. So I would like to try something a touch lighter.

Gotcha... Thanks for the information.

You might consider a set of CFS pulls. People (TC, Kmac, others) rave about those shafts and they fit your weight requirements for being a middle ground of sorts.

You might consider a set of CFS pulls. People (TC, Kmac, others) rave about those shafts and they fit your weight requirements for being a middle ground of sorts.

Yeah I never really thought of those. I'll try to hit some i20s tomorrow with them to see how I like. I was just reading over the PXi thread a bunch, and I really want to demo those. Plus they look great.

Yeah I never really thought of those. I'll try to hit some i20s tomorrow with them to see how I like. I was just reading over the PXi thread a bunch, and I really want to demo those. Plus they look great.

Can't blame ya for wanting to try the PXi's at all.

As for the CFS's...I may know someone with a set sitting in the corner. LOL

Really though, worth a try, they get rave reviews and they are cheap for a set of pulls was my main thoughts. I'd love to plug this set of mine in a set of heads for grins. Someday perhaps.

Why not just get the SL version of the DG's? Same profile as you've already been fitted into and a 24g weight reduction per shaft.

Why not just get the SL version of the DG's? Same profile as you've already been fitted into and a 24g weight reduction per shaft.

I wasn't fit into the DG shafts I have now. I just acquired them.

I'll take a good long look at the CFS if I can and hit them. Because they would probably be cheaper than PXis. And I doubt I'm getting new irons any time soon.

My Motore Speeder VC 7.1 will be here tomorrow! Stoked!

I'm jealous. I have NO clue when my Black Tie and the attached driver will arrive and I'm SO ready for it to.

I'm jealous. I have NO clue when my Black Tie and the attached driver will arrive and I'm SO ready for it to.

It's going to arrive with about enough time for me to put the Titleist wrench to it, attach it and head to the course. I haven't driven the ball worth a crap for over two months now, so, I have nothing to lose. Except a few golf balls. LOL. It is going to play a quarter inch longer than what I am playing now, so that will take a bit to get accustomed to.

I'm hoping you get it soon and love it. I have my eyes on the Classic/Devo combo you have going.

Eh, 1/4 you'll adapt to quick as heck IMO. I do look forward to hearing about it though for sure Jeff! List balls and all! Haha

Wake, you should be intrigued, it's a performer for me. The Launch Lab will be awesome I'm sure (or hope haha) but the Classic will still be in my home I think hahaha

Well at the moment it appears I'm going to go with another Ping bag. I reached out to them and they offered to replace it for me. Have to stop by my local retailer today. Thanks Ping!

Any interest in the street shoes at all? The Ecco streets are rather nice while the Adidas street are the best golf shoe I've yet used.

I actually have a pair of the adicross' and i do quite like them. It's just all the dudes who have those and anything Lunar prefer the Lunar's in the comfort department.

Literally when I made that post, I thought you'd be the first to chime in with the i20! I actually went and looked at those tonight. It will probably be them or the Nike Pro Combos....but probably the i20.

My next problem is that there is literally no way for me to try them with PXi, so it will be a blind buy to a degree. I want something a little lighter but a lower launch than my KBS. Blargh.

Come to the NC THP golf outing and try chunkylover's. Chunky reckons that the PXi's launch higher than KBS' but I don't agree with that for me. Personally, if you want lighter and lower then the PXi's would be a great decision.

I actually have a pair of the adicross' and i do quite like them. It's just all the dudes who have those and anything Lunar prefer the Lunar's in the comfort department.

Keep in mind that not everything in Nike's line are the same as the Lunar line though.

Literally when I made that post, I thought you'd be the first to chime in with the i20! I actually went and looked at those tonight. It will probably be them or the Nike Pro Combos....but probably the i20.

My next problem is that there is literally no way for me to try them with PXi, so it will be a blind buy to a degree. I want something a little lighter but a lower launch than my KBS. Blargh.

I have some i20's with PXi's in them man. Come to the MC if you can or the THP NC stop and you can hit them. They will be a little smaller than you are used to I reckon lol. As TC states I am seeing a higher ball flight with them but seems like everyone else is not. Not sure why I'm seeing such a different thing than anyone else but it's consistent. Take a hard swing and the ball likes to get up there. It's a fantastic combo!!

I'm pondering every different variation of the mFGP2 SeeMore has ever made. This just fits my eye insanely well. Seriously.

This is so remarkably unsurprising and awesome haha!

I have some i20's with PXi's in them man. Come to the MC if you can or the THP NC stop and you can hit them. They will be a little smaller than you are used to I reckon lol. As TC states I am seeing a higher ball flight with them but seems like everyone else is not. Not sure why I'm seeing such a different thing than anyone else but it's consistent. Take a hard swing and the ball likes to get up there. It's a fantastic combo!!

Yeah dude, I dont think the MC would be the best place to showcase your i20s. Call me crazy and all, but my personal belief is that maybe they should be left at home that weekend.

Yeah dude, I dont think the MC would be the best place to showcase your i20s. Call me crazy and all, but my personal belief is that maybe they should be left at home that weekend.

Haha I wasn't going to play them! I would just leave them in the car in case he wanted to use them. But I understand and won't bring them. Sorry Callaway!!

This is another shaft that I am strongly considering. I had it on order for my Nikes, but I'm all the way back at square one.

Sweet, thanks amigo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back