Nickent's New Driver Pics Added

That is awesome, great idea Nickent, I hope this really brings up sales. I love your products, and still might pick up an Evolver.

If someone is going to pick up an Evolver, I would think they better do it soon. Just a gut feeling here that less used sales coming up as well as higher prices due to the hosel.

so they better hurry up and put this item out, I have been drooling on my keyboard and I am afraid I will get electrocuted.

Available MONDAY!

How much will this cost?

Price is not out yet, but NOT MUCH.

This turns that new 4DX 10.5* head and those 7 shafts I bought the other day for $299 from the deal of the year into the deal of the century! :alien2:

Just wait till Monday on the Nickent website so I can order the new hosel and new tips and I'm *THERE*!

I've hit several of the shafts so far; like the Epic a lot. Probably won't re-tip all 7 shafts- just 1 or 2.

Take THAT R9!

I was thinking that too Pinged.

It is great to see a company putting the consumer first. The other golf companies better take notice.

Another reason why I'm on my third set of Nickent irons and use the 4dx driver and hybird.

Way to go Nickent !!!

According to the press release, the new hossel will have no additional charge, so expect to buy the "new" evolver at the same retail price as the old one.

Well I haven't delved into the adjustable hosels or the quick connect shafts ....YET, BUT I will say this, If I choose to it will be more than likely the Nickent line as apposed to the Taylormade. I'm beginning to despise the umpteen drivers a year theme, feel like people are being shorted if they buy early in the year only to have the next bigger and better thing to come out a few months later and the value of what they purchased go straight down the sh*tter!

Only one suggestion I have for NICKENT's designers that, I think, would bring on more consumers is.....LOOSE that God awful GREEN color scheme!!! That's the only thing that's kept me from trying the newer stuff. Thank God the 3DX Pros didn't have any GREEN on them or I'da never found out what I missed with them.

I hope and Pray NICKENT survives the times we're in.

Awesome! Now I feel even cooler playing Nickent irons! I really need to get my hands on an evolver.

Only one suggestion I have for NICKENT's designers that, I think, would bring on more consumers is.....LOOSE that God awful GREEN color scheme!!! That's the only thing that's kept me from trying the newer stuff. Thank God the 3DX Pros didn't have any GREEN on them or I'da never found out what I missed with them.

I hope and Pray NICKENT survives the times we're in.

i actually like the green color. i think it looks awesome, especially on the all black driver head. and i really like their Staff Bags. and from what i hear, the new White/Green staff bags are gonna look SWEEEET!

According to the press release, the new hossel will have no additional charge, so expect to buy the "new" evolver at the same retail price as the old one.

I think people were speaking of the cost of the new hosel. by itself.

So I'm reading this, and looking at the Club Outlet packages and thinking.

Does this type of system really provide any benefit to a high-handicap hacker? My drives are like lightning - they never strike twice in the same place. I thought "hey, I'll grab one of those multi-shaft packages and get the new hosel" but then wondered if I'd spend all of my time on the driving range swapping shafts and angles rather than just working on getting a swing I can trust.

The gearhead in me says that this is way cool and I must have it, but the realist wonders if I wouldn't be much better off either sticking with the Nike 460 I have or looking for another fixed-position driver and just work on repeatability and confidence.

While I agree with some of the thoughts, a player can pretty much say that about any club out there. Certainly someone will get better quicker with lessons and practice rather than gear. However, the right club for the right individual can give a boost of confidence as well as feel better in one's hands.

I get that, JB, I really do. And I'm starting up the lessons again next week. IMHO, the difference with this club (and the R9 and STR-8 Fit) are that a 14 club limitation used to impose a small bit of sanity on your options. Now it's possible to change the club after every miss (although I know that's not legal in "by the book" golfing).

I'm reminded of one of the process control experiments we used to do to teach new engineers about the dangers of manipulating their systems constantly to try to hit the centerline. If you adjust after every test (or in this case, shot), or even after a 5-test average, you tend to significantly widen your distribution.

I guess I'd wonder if this feels better than my 460. If it did, I'd have to spend some time picking a shaft, then an angle, then I'd need to lose the wrench. Otherwise I'd be chasing the mean around and never get there.

I always felt that way about the drivers that can be changed. However I do use the feature. Most that are "for it" talk about changing it for the course, weather, etc.. Most that are "against it" talk about setting it once and forgetting it.

Even if you only set it once, it is the same as being fitted for a driver but in these cases you have the opportunity to change your swing and not replace your driver. (Just my opinion).

I love my Evolver and was not ready to replace it because I love the ability to change shafts (and not have to buy the tips from ebay or not at all) and have done it quite a bit. By adding the replaceable hosel, this is the first time in recent memory that a club manufacturer did NOT say "screw you consumer" here is the newest and the best out there and you need it.

As a reviewer I love that we get to try the latest and the greatest each season and it used to bother me that companies like TM put out 15 drivers a year. But what I learned is that it was their way of finding something for everybody. Only people that really complain about it are the people that are into buying and selling lots of clubs because the TM clubs go down in value pretty quickly.

But this is the first time I have seen a company say "our last driver is great, everybody that supported us, we want to thank you by saying the hosel will slip right into it.". They could have just as easily released a new driver and received the same press for outdoing other companies again.

JB I can't wait to get our hands on this. I love the evolver head already but this may make this the BEST DRIVER OUT THERE! Keep me up to speed on this buddy. This is so awesome!!!!!!!

I knew I shoulda held out for an Evolver, but I still love my Tour Spec.

I really need this hosel asap...my closed evolver is slowly evolving into a hook stick!!

Hey Guys.
The answer is yes. You can use existing Evolver heads and shafts. The shafts will have to be refit with the new adapter.

Thanks to JB and the rest of Hackers Paradise for all of the support.
www.nickentgolf.com

This is SO AWESOME!!!!!

The green is the best colour going.....love green. Has a relaxing effect apparently aswell. I need it the way i sometimes play! (no the green grass is not enough....i play THAT badly!)

And 92Esquire. You are correct. Sorting the swing will be the best thing, but let me illustrate an example using myself. I bought my evolver and its closed face helped make my drives go straight. Now they are drawing slightly and a bit too much when i nail a swing.Therefore being able to set the club neutral and maybe even open in future will allow a driver i am happy with to grow with me!

Only down side for me is that it doesnt look like you can adjust the loft separately to the face angle. I am certain my ideal head loft is 9.7-10.2 ish at the moment, i have gone from hitting them a little low to sometimes too high!!

(that is mostly down to a swing change though....over the last couple of months i have lost physical strength due to no time to do weights/hit the gym, but my ss is up from 96mph to 109mph!!!)!!!

There is not a driver out there that you can change the loft on independantly.

Well, the site has been updated and the 4DX now has the CYG hosel now, but it still doesn't look like you can purchase it separately on the site...

Any word when this is going to happen?:question::question:

Back