Playing a round with Jim Furyk

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
No not me...though that would be awesome. This is Steve Czaben, sports radio host in DC (and sometimes FOX). Regular golfer around a 12 played a round with Furyk and these are his thoughts. Very good article if you haven't already seen it. He says there is a big change from watching pros, even just outside the ropes, and playing with them. And it really backs up everything JB says about the difference between us an pros.

http://czabe.com/

By the way this is about 2 days old, if someone else already posted it...sorry.

That was a good read.

The part about Jim yelling at his perfect drive is true. I watched Kris Tamulis sort of bemoan a few iron shots that were still on the green in a good spot. Their expectations are completely different.

Really was. Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed it.
No problem. I loved the part about the sound of the shots, even compared to "scratch" guys.

The part about Jim yelling at his perfect drive is true. I watched Kris Tamulis sort of bemoan a few iron shots that were still on the green in a good spot. Their expectations are completely different.

This is so true. If I hit the green, I am pretty happy. My drive can miss the fairway, and as long as I don't have to manufacture a shot, it was good! Other shots, if they don't have a lot of unwanted bend to them, nice shot!

Thanks for sharing, very interesting to read. My only up close view of the pros was the PGA at Hazeltine a couple of years ago and the drives are what was crazy to watch, that rocketship moment where they fly off into space and it would take me driver, seven iron to get into the same zip code.

Great read! Thanks for sharing!

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Very good read.

Czabe is the man have been listening to him for 12 yrs. now funny guy great golfer he is on here as the sports guy on a local radio show..

that was awesome.

I:laughing::laughing: @ this part:
After about 5 holes, you just stop saying the usual "great shot, Jim" because, well, they are all [expletive] great shots. They are shots so common in their awesome-ness to us mortals, that you start to wonder: "Wow. What WOULD a truly great shot from Furyk look like? Would angels break into song in the sweltering heavens above? Would a live rainbow unicorn come galloping across the fairway?

Great read, thanks for posting!

Im still waiting for that galluping rainbow unicorn to come prancing down the fairway....lol

Great read, thanks for posting!

Im still waiting for that galluping rainbow unicorn to come prancing down the fairway....lol

Yeah, I've never seen one on one of my shots...maybe a goat eating tall grass. Or a snake...I have seen a snake in the woods.

That was pretty cool. Maybe one day for us normal joes

Incredible, just incredible! I would give up just about anything (I said, just about.) to play along side a pro, either male OR female!!

Fantastic read. Thanks for sharing. I love the 32 and the 35 adding up to the sort of messing around 67. Those guys are on another planet.

Back