Introducing Swingbyte

Kind of depressing to find out the "in 1300 at&t locations" may be a bit premature. I drove 100 miles to find out no place in Harrisburg, Pa has it.

Hopefully ordering online doesnt pan out to waiting forever.

It looks like there's a store that carries it at

100 S 32ND ST
Camp Hill

I would call to make sure they've got it in stock though, and online is pretty quick too - we're shipping within 2-3 business days with free ground.

The AT&T Store in Abilene, TX doesn't have it. No surprise really - they don't have the SGS3 either :/
I'll keep following this to see how things go. The strap issue seems to be a work in progress with newer units going out the door with the new straps. So provided you order online it sounds like you're guaranteed a new strap. Right?
The fee's for online service kinda bugs me. I hate paying for my SkyCaddie service as it is. I have a couple of fitness devices (Garmin Forerunner gets used the most) that offer online services with history, comparisons, etc. The service level I need is free - basic history and comparisons to my own data. Not so much concerned with a comparison to anyone else. My runs are my runs. Just like, my swing is my swing.
Not bagging on the product or the decisions, just giving my 2 cents worth.

The AT&T Store in Abilene, TX doesn't have it. No surprise really - they don't have the SGS3 either :/
I'll keep following this to see how things go. The strap issue seems to be a work in progress with newer units going out the door with the new straps. So provided you order online it sounds like you're guaranteed a new strap. Right?
The fee's for online service kinda bugs me. I hate paying for my SkyCaddie service as it is. I have a couple of fitness devices (Garmin Forerunner gets used the most) that offer online services with history, comparisons, etc. The service level I need is free - basic history and comparisons to my own data. Not so much concerned with a comparison to anyone else. My runs are my runs. Just like, my swing is my swing.
Not bagging on the product or the decisions, just giving my 2 cents worth.

Hey Khaot1c, there will be a free tier, so if you don't want to pay for service, you don't have to - you'll get the service level that you want. I'm looking up what store near you should have one in stock..

Looks like this store should have them:

3329 TURNER PLZ STE 108S
Abilene, TX

if not, they're sold out.

And has tHe issue with the Swingbyte slippage been resolved?

So I was ordering a car mount for my phone when one of these pops up as one of the other things I can buy from AT&T.... Wtf? Thought that was a little strange.

So I was ordering a car mount for my phone when one of these pops up as one of the other things I can buy from AT&T.... Wtf? Thought that was a little strange.

Lol they must have known it was you! Did you buy one?

Looks like this store should have them:

3329 TURNER PLZ STE 108S
Abilene, TX

if not, they're sold out.

Thanks for the info. My trip here is wrapping up and I'm not sure what kind of time I'll have.
Can you give me info on purchase point at zipcode: 32579 ?

Thanks again!!

So any updates on how the new straps perform?

When will the SwingByte be available to purchase from other countries the the US and Canada.
I've asked this before but never got an answer.

no new straps here, either. I think they might still be in test.

Anyone in the Boston area know of any local stores that have this in stock?

Guys - here are the two areas asked:

425 Mary Esther Blvd, Mary Esther FL 32569

349 Washington st, Boston,
100 CAMBRIDGESIDE PL, Cambridge MA

In terms of straps, something to clarify:

the only thing being changed with the straps is using a slightly different material. this doesn't address the slipping, just improves durability. The slippage issue is being addressed with an insert that a few THP'ers are testing right now. If folks like it, we'll start making those and shipping shortly.

Thanks,
Alex.

I just checked and they have it in one of the Miami AT&T stores. I think I'm heading there during lunch to pick one up.

Even the At&t website has heard of the legendary man formally known as OEM Kevin....LOL

Quick question. I added all of my clubs into the app on my iPhone. Is there a way to get the club data onto my iPad with out having to re-enter everything??

Good Morning Gentlemen - I hope your day goes better than mine did yesterday. I found a Swingbyte at my local AT&T. As a 13 handicap, I feel my swing has taken me as far as it can without getting structurally better. I come over the top and I practice quite a bit so I've dialed in a bad path, so this device is perfect for me and I was VERY excited about getting it.

My problem was that the device would not pair via bluetooth with my iPhone4. I fussed for an hour trying to get it to pair. I tried to get support via the site, the support on the site is HORRIBLE - where is a downloadable manual, or some troubleshooting information? The site requires that you send in a question, if it's after hours, then you wait until the next day, this is a big con in my opinion. So after fussing for an hour, I drove out to the AT&T store and exchanged for another one, I got this one in the car and it would not pair either. At this point I was really frustrated and ready to take everything back. Finally, I thought I should go to the Apple Store and check my phone. I tried pairing it to a iPhone4 in the store and it paired perfectly. So, there was a problem with my phone. The Apple Store rep reformatted my iPhone4 with a new copy of the OS. Once a fresh OS was installed we tried to pair my phone to the device again, it still would not pair. So, after some discussion with management at the store, Apple decided to replace my phone even though it was 22 days past my replacement/warranty period. I have to go back this morning and get it replaced via an appointment, but hopefully this will resolve the problem.

I would be nice if Swingbyte had some troubleshooting stuff up on the site, they could have saved me some time. I understand the product is new and is run by 3 young MBA's just starting out in the biz world (and I'm I'm rooting for them), but the site feels thin to me.

Long story short, it was Apple's fault, not Swingbyte, but getting to that determination was painful....

FB

Long story short, it was Apple's fault, not Swingbyte, but getting to that determination was painful....

FB

I dont know how a swingbyte help page could have helped. Bluetooth pairing is one of those annoying issues and if it was not the swingbyte there would have been nothing swingbyte could have suggested. Just imagine when the last troubleshoot tip is "your 20 day old iphone4 is *******", your reaction is........

It was either a problem with the swingbyte or phone.
Before you travel test the swingbyte- pair it to a different iphone4.

If it paired it was your iphone- go straight to apple do not pass go.
If it does not pair go to swingbyte.

I find mostly that bluetoothe pairing issues are ussually from not placing devices in pairing mode, not entering passcode or the phone.

Good to hear you got if fixed. Await you impression of Swingbyte.

Quick question. I added all of my clubs into the app on my iPhone. Is there a way to get the club data onto my iPad with out having to re-enter everything??

Adam

once you create a user account with swingbyte your golf bag shows up on the new device when you login.

Good Morning Gentlemen - I hope your day goes better than mine did yesterday. I found a Swingbyte at my local AT&T. As a 13 handicap, I feel my swing has taken me as far as it can without getting structurally better. I come over the top and I practice quite a bit so I've dialed in a bad path, so this device is perfect for me and I was VERY excited about getting it.My problem was that the device would not pair via bluetooth with my iPhone4. I fussed for an hour trying to get it to pair. I tried to get support via the site, the support on the site is HORRIBLE - where is a downloadable manual, or some troubleshooting information? The site requires that you send in a question, if it's after hours, then you wait until the next day, this is a big con in my opinion. So after fussing for an hour, I drove out to the AT&T store and exchanged for another one, I got this one in the car and it would not pair either. At this point I was really frustrated and ready to take everything back. Finally, I thought I should go to the Apple Store and check my phone. I tried pairing it to a iPhone4 in the store and it paired perfectly. So, there was a problem with my phone. The Apple Store rep reformatted my iPhone4 with a new copy of the OS. Once a fresh OS was installed we tried to pair my phone to the device again, it still would not pair. So, after some discussion with management at the store, Apple decided to replace my phone even though it was 22 days past my replacement/warranty period. I have to go back this morning and get it replaced via an appointment, but hopefully this will resolve the problem.I would be nice if Swingbyte had some troubleshooting stuff up on the site, they could have saved me some time. I understand the product is new and is run by 3 young MBA's just starting out in the biz world (and I'm I'm rooting for them), but the site feels thin to me. Long story short, it was Apple's fault, not Swingbyte, but getting to that determination was painful....FB
Hi Frank,Sorry for the trouble, but there is a good amount of troubleshooting info available at support.swingbyte.com Hopefully you won't need it, but just in case...

Adam

once you create a user account with swingbyte your golf bag shows up on the new device when you login.

Tried that after backing both devices up to the cloud, the clubs still didn't appear on the iPad.

Nevermind. I just found out I was entering the wrong password on the iPad. It would have been nice if it didn't take two days for tr software to tell me that.

I was able to get out and use the Swingbyte at the same time I had the Trackman set up to record. I had both of them working fine with the Swingbyte sending data to my iPad2 without any real trouble (occasional freezing in the record sequence prevented multiple swing acquisition in the same recording but stopping and starting the recording generally fixed this quickly).

The device with the adapter piece secured fine to the clubhead and the new straps held it on just fine as well. I didn't notice much change in position of the swingbyte after swinging the club multiple times. My swing speed is about 90mph but I also had a guy who could generate mid 100mph speeds also swing the club so I could troubleshoot the tech and look for correlation in the two sets of data.

Unfortunately, I quickly realized that there was very little correlation between the face angle, club path and launch angles with respect to the gold standard Trackman data. The Swingbyte was certainly registering and giving data, in fact swing speeds were matching up very nicely. But the lack of any precision to the face angle and club path really makes me feel that they need to go back to the drawing board on the algorithms that convert position/velocity/acceleration information and interpolate position of the clubhead at impact. The function as it stands now isn't getting it right unfortunately. I was excited to try this out in anticipation of bring it to some of the guys on the team so that they could use it as a way to check and deliver club feedback numbers without having to hit in front of the trackman but as it stands it'd be a waste of their time. I certainly wished I could give a more positive review but the numbers weren't making sense.

Last edited:
I was able to get out and use the Swingbyte at the same time I had the Trackman set up to record. I had both of them working fine with the Swingbyte sending data to my iPad2 without any real trouble (occasional freezing in the record sequence prevented multiple swing acquisition in the same recording but stopping and starting the recording generally fixed this quickly).

The device with the adapter piece secured fine to the clubhead and the new straps held it on just fine as well. I didn't notice much change in position of the swingbyte after swinging the club multiple times. My swing speed is about 90mph but I also had a guy who could generate mid 100mph speeds also swing the club so I could troubleshoot the tech and look for correlation in the two sets of data.

Unfortunately, I quickly realized that there was very little correlation between the face angle, club path and launch angles with respect to the gold standard Trackman data. The Swingbyte was certainly registering and giving data, in fact swing speeds were matching up very nicely. But the lack of any precision to the face angle and club path really makes me feel that they need to go back to the drawing board on the algorithms that convert position/velocity/acceleration information and interpolate position of the clubhead at impact. The function as it stands now isn't getting it right unfortunately. I was excited to try this out in anticipation of bring it to some of the guys on the team so that they could use it as a way to check and deliver club feedback numbers without having to hit in front of the trackman but as it stands it'd be a waste of their time. I certainly wished I could give a more positive review but the numbers weren't making sense.

What are the chances you can post a table of 10 7 iron shots swingbyte and trackman side by side.

Back