What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, OG! At least you caught that drive well!

I played 18 today, shot an 80 and dropped my handicap to 16.3!!!!

Great job! I don't get handicaps though... Your scores have been far better than mine (80s and even a couple 70s for you) yet my handicap is lower and I havent broken 90 is like 8 rounds...

Pity the fool who Tapalks

Great job! I don't get handicaps though... Your scores have been far better than mine (80s and even a couple 70s for you) yet my handicap is lower and I havent broken 90 is like 8 rounds...

I don't quite either...but I'm using oobgolf.com for my handicap tracking as I don't really desire a GHIN handicap at this time.

LOL @ Jman in the doghouse. I played 18 today, hit the driver better then I have in forever but had something like 89 putts that ruined my round. I did enjoy getting off the tee better though. I dont know what was up with my putting. I had a lot of lag putts that I just kept leaving way short and then Id blow my next putt past the hole. Then Id miss the comebacker. I just wasnt feeling it today with the putter.

Thats the worst. Days like that have me jumping into the equipment pondering thread!

I don't quite either...but I'm using oobgolf.com for my handicap tracking as I don't really desire a GHIN handicap at this time.

Ahh I see. I'm guessing there is something amiss with oob as your hdcp is probably lower... Unless your course has a slope of 90. My course has a slope of 130 and I always play blues.

Thats the worst. Days like that have me jumping into the equipment pondering thread!

I just chalk it up to an off day with the putter. Plus with my schedule I just didnt get any practice time after my round Tuesday and I guess it showed. But still its frustrating after hitting the ball so much better off the tee. And what do I do? I go OEM ANOTHER driver even though Im killing the Fast 12 LS. I got issues.

Why haven't you joined the group The Hackers Paradise on oob, about a 100 or so of us use it and maybe 25/30 are active.

Why haven't you joined the group The Hackers Paradise on oob, about a 100 or so of us use it and maybe 25/30 are active.

Try fairway files also. I think there is a THP group and it is identical to my hdcp.

Just had the most amazing range session of my life, truly unbelievable how well and how accurate I was hitting the golf ball across my bag. I was hitting drivers aimed at the wooden posts holding the tall net at the back of the range and coming close to hitting them dead on, and hitting 3/4 of the way up the net. I hope this translates to tomorrows round.

I didn't get on to talk about this yesterday, but I wanted to. I had a great golfing experience yesterday, and it had nothing to do with me playing well or pulling off some miraculous shot. I played a new course, about 45 minutes south of me. Railwood over by Jefferson City. It is owned by Justin Smith, defensive end for the San Francisco 49ers. Justin played HS football in Jefferson City and went to Mizzou, before being drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals. A few years ago, he opened up this course near Jefferson City and I had always heard people rave about how good it was for a small town track and how they went out of their way to provide a fun, cost efficient experience.

So me and my buddy decided to drive over and get a scramble on with a couple of other guys. Justin's parents maintain the property and most of his family run and manage the course and clubhouse, and they are all just as down to earth as you can get. I walk into the clubhouse, and it's like a small hall of fame wing to Justin, signed game worn helmets, jerseys, footballs, pictures of him at award banquets, Pro Bowl jerseys signed by him that he wore. Just really neat. The club house was stocked with every item imaginable, Footjoy shoes, Cleveland, Bridgestone, TaylorMade hats, every ball imaginable, Cleveland and TaylorMade clubs. It was just nice to see a small town course take so much pride in their course and offerings. And the golf, HOLY COW. It caught me off guard how affordable it was, for such a really good track. $22, cart included, at 11 am on a Saturday. I about spit out my Gatorade when he rung me up. I couldn't play golf for under $40 here locally, on burnt up tracks, with no pro-shop, and 2 hour old hot dogs. You mean to tell me, you are going to take care of me, make sure I have a fun experience, provide me with a stellar golf experience, and only charge me HALF of what I normally pay? Sign me up!

The course was in terrific shape. Plush fairways. Nice greens that rolled, very, very well (for around here). It was just a nice course. Very challenging. Nice views. Just an overall bargain for the price I paid. Grilled cheeseburgers, right there in front of you, and I am not talking some small, wimpy hamburger, I am talking real, hamburgers, for $3. I can't get an hour hold hot dog at my home course for under $2.

It's just nice to see a course go above and beyond to provide a fun, cost efficient golfing experience, without feeling the need to rake us over the coals in some way shape or form, or cut from the experience here and there, just to save a buck. I told Kelly, I couldn't afford to drive there once or twice a week, but to put it on the agenda once or twice a month, you bet, because it is well worth the drive.

$22? That is such a good deal Jeff. I love that kind of stuff.

Is that $22 for 18 holes with a cart? Heck even for 9 holes that's a pretty darn good deal.

Played 18 holes at True Blue in SC hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Is that $22 for 18 holes with a cart? Heck even for 9 holes that's a pretty darn good deal.

Yeah, $22, for 18, cart included, on a Saturday morning. I couldn't believe it, especially for how well the course was taken care of and how good it looked. I was planning on dropping a $50 down, easily. I looked at yearly rates to become a member, and it just blows everything around here out of the water, and it's not even close. The course is 10x better than what we have around here and the experience was second to none for what we have around here. I told by buddy Sam, "I guess it helps to have a NFL superstar, making millions, backing you", but even then, wow. They aren't down there to gouge us or make money hand over fist, that is for sure. They seemed to want to provide a first class golfing experience at a good price. The place was packed too. Which I can understand why, now. It was just neat to see a small town course, offer that kind of experience, at that cost. You just don't see that often enough any more.

Had my first lesson last Friday and the pro emailed me the V1 video he shot... I downloaded the app so I could watch. Now I'm looking for an iPad tripod adaptor that is secure/stable so I can shoot my own as I progress in my newbie-ness.

Here's a freeze frame from one of the vids... I like it! My finish look like I know what I'm doing :D The beginning and middle... Not so pretty, but I know what to practice going forward. My hips need to turn before my downswing starts, not after. It's like learning a new dance :)

46fd8aff-868a-9a2e.jpg

Held a demo day for SeeMore. Sold some putters and lost my voice.

I couldn't get away from the office to play with my buddies, so around 2:30 I hit up a nearby executive course. Par 58, with most of the par 3s under 150 yards. Shot a 53, by making birdie on all the par 4s, and just one bogey by overshooting the 18th green and getting a bad lie in the bunker. Not a bad experience, but I really needed to work on my long irons more.

played 21 holes carried my bag for the first time in i can't even remember how long. little out of shape but i think ill be carrying more than i have in the past for sure.

Jamming out to a little Rage Against The Machine, just cleaned this sticks, and re-gripped my 7 iron with this bad lad. Grip tryouts commence.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343697969.774601.jpg

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Walked (and carried my bag) 18 at Aronimink Country Club, host to the 2010 and 2011 AT&T National tournaments, with Buckjob and Thainer. Thanks, Thain!!!

Walked (and carried my bag) 18 at Aronimink Country Club, host to the 2010 and 2011 AT&T National tournaments, with Buckjob and Thainer. Thanks, Thain!!!

I'm assuming you have a stand bag and didn't carry the chamber. Sounds awesome! Was the course in as good of shape as the past two years?

Nothing at all, was stuck in the office for 13 hours closing the quarter and dealing with a capital projects crisis. Fun, fun.

I'm assuming you have a stand bag and didn't carry the chamber. Sounds awesome! Was the course in as good of shape as the past two years?

You're right, I had an old stand bag that I used for this round. The course was in great shape, of course the greens weren't pro fast but they were definitely speedy. I'm still stiff from the round but it was such a fun time.

I played a lot of TW '12 today. No car so no golf for me.

Hit 60 wedges.at he range and then putted for 45 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back