Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cobra Amp driver with a Oban Devotion shaft. or maybe just the shaft.

You'd love it, dude. I hit that combo when I was on the hunt for a new driver and I would have been every bit as happy with it as I am my VRS/Devotion combo. I actually think the Devo plays really close to your Miya Black.

You'd love it, dude. I hit that combo when I was on the hunt for a new driver and I would have been every bit as happy with it as I am my VRS/Devotion combo. I actually think the Devo plays really close to your Miya Black.

It's good to remember it is much more butt stiff than the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive hit the combo a few times now and really like it but my driver is so solid i don't think it would be any better or worse. i still might get the shaft if i can get one cheap. i think i need a 7 05 if i find one cheap or used id prob snag it.

ive hit the combo a few times now and really like it but my driver is so solid i don't think it would be any better or worse. i still might get the shaft if i can get one cheap. i think i need a 7 05 if i find one cheap or used id prob snag it.

Buck, if you can hold out a week, I may be able to hook you up.

I didn't think so. I'm not worried about face angle, more worried about loft. Being that you have both the R11 and R11s metal woods, which do you like better?

I must admit the normal R11 vs the R11s play the same but the R11s is my favorite still. They are pretty much the same head though- The only difference is the shaft, I picked the Fujikura Motore F3 80g for the R11 TP 3 wood because I basically use it as a mini driver when I need a low pearcing flight off the tee that's accurate.

I love the stock r11s though because it's reliable and easy to hit off the tee and the deck and I basically use the 3 wood off the tee but ultimately the R11s is my favorite of the two.

Also I feel like the stock shaft on the R11s is better than the wimpy stock blur on the R11-my own opinion of course.

im in no rush, i honestly don't even need it, it be just for fun to go head to head against the Miyazaki Black plus i just got a free R11 adapter so its a sign i should get another shaft.

Hey now, I layed dibs on that driver/shaft when you first picked it up.

Hahaha, well, it's all on the Launch Lab if that combo stays or goes.

I like the r11s more than the r11 metal wood simply because of aesthetics, they perform the same for me pretty much

Hey now, I layed dibs on that driver/shaft when you first picked it up.

question is what putters do you have to trade to get it? lol

Enjoy your devo.

Tapin for bird

lmao if you really want it Wake and Jman is getting rid of it, its yours bro.

lmao if you really want it Wake and Jman is getting rid of it, its yours bro.

Nah man I'm just given you and Jman a hard time. I just grabbed Vr pro w/ HD6 to give a whirl, so I'm set for now. Although I will be really interested in your comparison between the two.

It's good to remember it is much more butt stiff than the black.

Is it? I really didn't notice. They performed pretty comparably for me.

Is it? I really didn't notice. They performed pretty comparably for me.

Yes, it is. It's why it works better for me than the black with my quicker transition....and I loved the black. The Devo is just better for me because of that.

I am pondering what to do with the top part of my bag. I recently bought a r11 4i which I hit well but it is just about the same loft as my Mashie M3 ( 21* vs 20.5*). The Mashie has been my "go to" club since it went into my bag as a tester almost 2 years ago and I love the club. I am not certain it makes sense to carry both clubs in my bag going forward. Number wise I think it would make more sense to have the top look like this: Driver, 3W(15*) , 4W(17*) or 5W(18*) then the 4i, but I am having issues with the Mashie 5W to go straight all the time (weird I know as I hit the M3 so well). I think I will ponder further try a few combinations and see what happens.

That's a straight shaft Thain. I'm fairly certain if I am recalling correctly that the diameter of the CS 2-ball is .370 like that shaft, not 100% positive though.

I trust your "not 100% positive" more than someone else's "I'm totally sure"! Especially when it comes to putters.

I trust your "not 100% positive" more than someone else's "I'm totally sure"! Especially when it comes to putters.

Ha! I do "know some things" from time to time! Hehe

Thinking about getting a component driver head to put onto a spare C Kua shaft. Looking into the Acer XF Titanium:

file_4_3.jpg

Since my Classic is 10.5* I really am curious about their 12* or 14* options...yes, there are LH 12* and 14* heads available. JB's more loft post got me pondering.

That is a pretty serious ponder J Nate. All those low rounds getting to your head? Next thing you'll be pondering a set of Miura irons. I kid. Actually its pretty interesting.

That is a pretty serious ponder J Nate. All those low rounds getting to your head? Next thing you'll be pondering a set of Miura irons. I kid. Actually its pretty interesting.

I figure why not get a cheap head that looks good...so I look on Value Golf and see that...I'd be curious to see what the 14* would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back