The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Question: For those of you who hadn't met a lot of THPers, how did you feel going into the MC and how did you feel when you left? It seems like many of you have made some lifelong friends from this event. Does the internet friendship translate over easily into the real world?

In a practice round with Kelly he hit some crazy rescue shots from the trees. Couldn't believe some of the trouble he was getting out of.

Question: For those of you who hadn't met a lot of THPers, how did you feel going into the MC and how did you feel when you left? It seems like many of you have made some lifelong friends from this event. Does the internet friendship translate over easily into the real world?

I've known most of these guys for a long time now, but yes, meeting people in person always makes it better.

Hanging out with THPers is an instant friendship. Seriously, I had never met a few of the guys before the weekend (Frank, TC, Chunky), and as soon as I met them I felt like we had been friends since we were kids or something. It is freaking awesome how it works, and just shows how awesome of a place THP is.

Absolutely. The time you spend on here translates almost immediately. You feel like you really know people

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

I sure hope your punch shot at Caledonia and what happened afterwards is on the coverage, David. That round ruled.

Hopefully it will be. haha then what happened on the green

I added to it a bit.

Good add dude. if that doesn't make it will i be able to get a copy of it ???

In a practice round with Kelly he hit some crazy rescue shots from the trees. Couldn't believe some of the trouble he was getting out of.

Ha ha thats what happens when you play tight courses at home, you get good at recovery shots haha

Ha ha thats what happens when you play tight courses at home, you get good at recovery shots haha

Chunky watched his language on that shot, surprisingly, so it should be there!

Chunky watched his language on that shot, surprisingly, so it should be there!

That didn't happen often haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

Chunky better not have ruined coverage of our match. Please buy a bleep machine, JB.

I knew most of Team THP, but there were lots of new faces on Team Hackers and Team Paradise, and I have to say the bond was instant. You start with a bro hug on day 1 and move to a full on arms wrapped around each other, I love you and travel safe on the last day. It's just the way it is.

I knew most of Team THP, but there were lots of new faces on Team Hackers and Team Paradise, and I have to say the bond was instant. You start with a bro hug on day 1 and move to a full on arms wrapped around each other, I love you and travel safe on the last day. It's just the way it is.

Exactly. Brohugs are always plentiful.

Thanks guys, I've only met Smalls and I felt like I was his friend since day 1 (he might say something different haha) but I was genuinely curious

I really want to play tonight in Men's night but as this day has gone on, I'm still exhausted from this weekend and I'm starting to second guess my choice. I'm hoping I get a second wind or find a Xenergy.

This past weekend was so much fun and more than anything it was great spending time with old friends, and making new ones, like that wicked cool bearded guy.

Thanks man! It was the first time we've teed it up together since Sarasota National, can't believe it's been that long. I aspire to hit the driver as well as you do soon.

My highlight was playing with TC, Biggsy and Hanks. That round is the way the MC should be. I got creamed, but I had a freekin blast. I get to play with TC fairly often, but not often enough. I never get the opportunity to play with Biggsy and Hanks. Biggsy has become a good friend of mine who I never ever get to play a round of golf with. I relished the opportunity to go over the course with him and learn from him on our 2 practice rounds together. Hanks is also a friend of mine who I just enjoy being around. I got to see him stripe some shots and hit 2 jaw dropping shots. Just shooting the breeze with these guys was amazing and it was, by far, my funnest round of the weekend even though I got killed. This is what the MC is all about in my opinion.

I also enjoyed playing with Coolbreeze. He is a really cool dude and I had never got to enjoy a round with him.

One of the best things golf wise to come of the weekend was something that TC told me that has completely changed the way I play golf. Following this advice, I shot a PB 38 which included a triple, a double and a bogey, but also included 4 birdies. I shot a 38 and I was not hitting the ball well and it is all due to a true friend being a friend to me while we were competing. He not only helped me enjoy the MC, but he also helped me live the golf lifestyle just a little bit better by helping me enjoy the game because I can't enjoy it as much if I don't shoot decent scores.

Here's to you TC. I owe you a box of High Life.

The OG round was my most favorite round of the weekend. I can't believe it's been 3 years that we've all known each other. Seems like a lot longer than that.

Thanks Seth! That was awesome man! You have great golf in you, that's for sure. Saturday's PM round was the round I looked forward to the most. Biggsy and I got to go at it again and I got to also play with you and Hanks, some OG's. It's pretty cool to think back to 2009, when the four of us all first met on a driving range in Sarasota. All of our games have come a long way and I reckon they'll continue to go in the right direction.

That shot made all the pain worth it guys. TC was a great caddy for that shot, I just listened to him is all

My favorite moment of all was media day...being able to do almost all of my promos in one take was cool and being able to spew club knowledge was a great thing to do for Callaway. Callway Chad told me that I knew more about the stuff than he did which was a great compliment.

I thought it was great. And to share a round on that course! I thought biggsy played a great round of golf. I think he just used up all his putts that morning. I saw him drain quite a few. How about Hank's 9iron on 12? WHat a shot!

Those greens were tough after coming from True Blue. They were so much slower.

Hanks 9 iron on 12 was disgusting! He hit some good shots even though you could tell he was in some pain.

going in i knew that i would instantly gain 30 new best friends. the friendships and camaraderie translates really well from Internet to real life, but there's just nothing like finally meeting those people in person and bro-hugging them. when i left, i felt complete but empty...complete in that i've made so many new friends for life and had an experience like them that we will be talking about for years. and empty in that, it may be a very long time until i see some of them in person again.

Yea, the wait between gatherings is too long for me. It had been over a year since we saw TC.

Freaking putting!!

I've never seen a five footer that chunky couldn't miss.

Yea, the wait between gatherings is too long for me. It had been over a year since we saw TC.

Yeah man. The cool thing about the MC too is that once you meet everyone, you talk to them and time doesnt feel so long in between. Still sucks but its not as bad.

He's no edge burner. He goes big or goes home.

Yeah man. The cool thing about the MC too is that once you meet everyone, you talk to them and time doesnt feel so long in between. Still sucks but its not as bad.

I get what you are saying, Tmex. For some reason, it's like we just jump right back into it without skipping a beat.

Haha I am the worst putter. Nothing is close. I drain it or miss it huge!

hahaha. So true. I always had a hope as long as I got on the green within 2 strokes of you.

Back