Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 ridiculous shots today that would make phil really proud
first shot... my ball is at the base of this tree on the right side
i went over the root and flew the trap but i got it on the green for a long par
img20120804145248.jpg

2nd shot... the pic says it all... i was in the crappiest spot of the bunker possible
img20120804153712.jpg

this is where it ended up after i got it out of the bunker
it was the craziest highest flopadopolous shot ever and i didnt even see it cuz sand/pebbles went everywhere lol
img20120804171646.jpg

3rd shot... last shot of the day... i dunked a pw from 123 out on 18... right in front of a crowd of ppl on the driving range hahaha

i had 2 great shots but since i have driven quite a few par 4s and this one was only 296 im gonna go with the par 3 191 yards hit a perfect and i mean perfect 7 iron right in front of the hole left 4' for birdie. man that felt so good. irons today felt great but im having difficulty getting my distances worked out been hitting everything a lot farther lately need to get to the range and get it worked out.

Hit a great drive on the par 4, 320 yard (#11), dogleg left. Had a bit of wind behind me and drove onto the fringe on the front of the green. Missed putt for eagle tho..

i had 2 great shots but since i have driven quite a few par 4s and this one was only 296 im gonna go with the par 3 191 yards hit a perfect and i mean perfect 7 iron right in front of the hole left 4' for birdie. man that felt so good. irons today felt great but im having difficulty getting my distances worked out been hitting everything a lot farther lately need to get to the range and get it worked out.

Yeah you bombed some drives today but that 7i was definitely your best shot. What do you think was mine, in your opinion?

My opinion, I had two: The first came on the 2nd hole, a short 135 yard par 3. I hit my PW JUST short into a deep greenside bunker with the pin in the front. I took my 60* wedge, opened it up full, and flopped it out of the bunker. I didn't see it travel once it bounced in the rough just short of the green, but I heard it hit the flagstick. I had holed out of the bunker for birdie. Buckjob saw what the ball did...

My second was a semi skulled 52* wedge from about 105 yards out as an approach on a par 4. It hit, checked IMMEDIATELY and checked to literally inches of the cup.

Yeah you bombed some drives today but that 7i was definitely your best shot. What do you think was mine, in your opinion?

My opinion, I had two: The first came on the 2nd hole, a short 135 yard par 3. I hit my PW JUST short into a deep greenside bunker with the pin in the front. I took my 60* wedge, opened it up full, and flopped it out of the bunker. I didn't see it travel once it bounced in the rough just short of the green, but I heard it hit the flagstick. I had holed out of the bunker for birdie. Buckjob saw what the ball did...

My second was a semi skulled 52* wedge from about 105 yards out as an approach on a par 4. It hit, checked IMMEDIATELY and checked to literally inches of the cup.

i would have picked one of those 2 prob that sand shot it was pretty impressive the way that ball tracked right into the hole.

Had a couple...

1st hole, 344 Yards. Drove it pin high on the green, left a 40 foot put short about 2 inches, tap in Birdie.

2nd hole, 555 Yard par 5. Drive found the fairway, had a 210 yard 6 iron that I hit pure took one hop and hit the flag stick. about 10 feet for eagle... we wont discuss the putt. LOL

Had a couple...

1st hole, 344 Yards. Drove it pin high on the green, left a 40 foot put short about 2 inches, tap in Birdie.

2nd hole, 555 Yard par 5. Drive found the fairway, had a 210 yard 6 iron that I hit pure took one hop and hit the flag stick. about 10 feet for eagle... we wont discuss the putt. LOL
Dude, you are longer than most PGA tour players.

Popped up a drive left me about 230 yards to the green grabbed my 5 wood and put it on the green to about 12 feet

Dude, you are longer than most PGA tour players.

Yeah, I'm pretty long. But what's the old saying? Drive for show....

My round today was 5/14 fairways, 9/18 GIR's and 34 putts for an 80...

Screen shot 2012-08-04 at 8.52.03 PM.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty long. But what's the old saying? Drive for show....

My round today was 5/14 fairways, 9/18 GIR's and 34 putts for an 80...

View attachment 5377

What driver are you hitting? I have similar numbers and I am no where close to that long.

375 yard Par 4 8th tight fairway with hazards left and right. Hit my drive 240 or so perfect little baby fade which stayed in the fwy. 9 iron approach rolled into the pin and i made the 2 inch tap in for birdie.

What driver are you hitting? I have similar numbers and I am no where close to that long.

That was a Cobra Long Tom, 10*, Stiff.... I traded in my RBZ for it. I thought it was a gimmicky club at first, but the length seems to help me. I'm pretty tall and seem to have a better rhythm and hit it more consistently than my old RBZ or R11

We've got a little 125 yard par 3 on the back nine of my home course that has water right and OB left. Today I had my closest ace opportunity with my 50 degree hitting it to about 10 inches.

That was a Cobra Long Tom, 10*, Stiff.... I traded in my RBZ for it. I thought it was a gimmicky club at first, but the length seems to help me. I'm pretty tall and seem to have a better rhythm and hit it more consistently than my old RBZ or R11

I wasn't a fan. To whippy feeling for me. I know Belbs liked hitting it he's pretty long.

I wasn't a fan. To whippy feeling for me. I know Belbs liked hitting it he's pretty long.

I seem to hit it well...

If I could trade my length for 250 in the fairway every time, I'd do it! :)

I seem to hit it well...

If I could trade my length for 250 in the fairway every time, I'd do it! :)

It's called a hybrid. Go get one! That's what I use when I want it 250 in the fairway.

It's called a hybrid. Go get one! That's what I use when I want it 250 in the fairway.

Haha, I just got a couple. Take some getting used to. Seem to be hitting them off the toe... They'll come around.

Right before the storm hit us I hit a uphill 5 iron from 195 that had a soft fade and hit and spun to 6 feet missed the birdie!

Two for me today:

First, lob wedge from 85 over some trees to 3 feet.

Second, gap wedge from 120 hit about six inches to the right of the flag, took one bounce beyond it, then backed up right by it to about 5 feet short of the flag.

Two very nice wedge shots.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Had an aweful round with too much vaiting which really killed my game. But on last hole i hit a 40feet lob wedge that landed next to the cup and just hoped in. Without a doubt my shot of the round. Was pleased that it happend on the last hole so i could walk off the course with that in mind :)

I have a few to choose from but the one I'm most impressed with was on hole 18 my drive was a little right and ended up in a clearing but behind some trees I couldn't see the green and took a 4 iron from 205 out and crushed it had to get it in the air high and fast the thing ended up about 20 feet from the pin. It was awsome such a good feeling

Best shot in my championship 1/4 final yesterday was my 2nd shot on the 5th. I had about 185 yards to a pin at the front of the green. Hit my 22* hybrid and caught it perfectly and it was right down the flag until the last few yards and it finished about 8' away. I holed the putt to go 5up!

Probably my 4th on the par 5 17th. About 125 or so out and on the upslope in the rough next to a bunker. 3/4 PW to about 15 feet. Missed the par though.

I had a couple of stand outs this morning but one stands out. I hit my 3 hybrid from 237 to just under 3' for my fourth bird of my 9 hole round. I love my Yonex Ezone hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back