What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You like it more than the I(z)??? I thought that the ball was the best they've put out. The I(s) was great too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I agree. Loved the i(z), favorite Callaway ball so far.

I agree. Loved the i(z), favorite Callaway ball so far.

It was nice to have the option of the two balls. The I(z) spun a lot less.

Tgtt I think its close buddy. For some that need less spin the z was perfect. I get what Callaway tried to do but I almost wish they just wouldve spiffed up the two lines rather than just go to one. I thought the Z was softer feeling off the driver but definitely agree the black feels a little softer off the irons. It was weird for me. I didn't adjust well.

Played the B330 and it was awesome. a lot straighter on iron shots and I picked up a few yards. Keep the RX as a winter ball and the B330 will be my gamer. Liked it better than the Nike One Tour D which has been my favorite ball up until this point.

Told you!

played a chromax metallica2 on my first round at prince william gc and love that ball till i launched it into a muddy pond
2nd ball was a srixon trispeed tour... excellent ball all around
2nd round was at twin lakes gc the lakes course... kept the srixon trispeed tour in play till i chunked it right into a hazard on 9
2nd ball that day was a yellow volvik crystal that lasted the rest of the round... pretty decent ball

so 2 rounds only 2 balls lost... not bad

Played the E6 again today. I was having a bad striking day and zero short game feel. Had a few smashing drives and some decent lag putts but other then that I was all over the place. Not the balls fault for sure.

I played a Bridgestone B-330RX Thanks to Jake for giving me some to try out after the 2012MC.
I've played the E-6's mostly in the past but these balls performed great on a pretty tight hilly course. Shot a 83 from the tips at 6300 yds.
These will be on my wish list.

Thanks Jake

Gamer V2 yesterday. Still love that ball.

Z-Star. Have more than a dozen left from the MC and still enjoying them.

Have played the HEX Black Tour for the last 4 or 5 rounds and I'm still not sold on it. I usually play the B330 or Nike 20XI-S and I love the way those balls feel, I normally get a good amount of spin on scoring irons and wedges, but I can't get the skip-stop-suck back with the HEX that I get with the B330 or 20XI. Wasn't a fan of the Callaway i(s) or i(z), but wanted to give the HEX a try.

Bridgestone rx optic pink, and when I lost that a pro v1x.

Both good, but ive always thought the pro v's were for the pro's but on the day I made my first ever three birdie round, with a back to back birdie on two holes using the pro v.

Those two holes I played like mcilroy, nice draw, both looked to be going in but a gimme put on both left me two birdies.

I'll post a pick of on green (the second hole of the birdie run)

The Bridgestone that I played I lost that one from the only bad swing of my round, gave me a triple bogey for that :(

55d3311b-c6f2-2fc0.jpg

The other ball below the shadow of a man was my brother and he was there for three on a par 4,the first birdie was on a par 3 hole.

You can see were mine pitched

Just tappin away

Played my last round with the Penta TP. Usually play the prov1. The Penta felt good off the face, and great distance. Will put it in play more cause my son gave me 3 dozen for Christmas. Played the entire round with the same ball. Held up well.

Found a brand new Titleist Velocity so maybe I'll play that next time out. What's the deal with that ball? Just a hard Titleist that's meant to go farther?

Found a brand new Titleist Velocity so maybe I'll play that next time out. What's the deal with that ball? Just a hard Titleist that's meant to go farther?

Its the nxt extreme repackaged

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

volvik crystal lasted all 9 holes today... pretty decent all around ball and since its really yellow i didnt even lose it in the deep rough

Thought I was playing a tour i(s) but used a Hex Chrome instead. Didnt realize until the third hole. I forgot how good these balls are and that I even had any. Also used a B330RX that I was fit to at a Bridgestone fitting for a hole. Another good ball but they seem to like hitting cart paths.

Its the nxt extreme repackaged

Yeah but the numbers are now orange so that must make it go faster... :bulgy-eyes:

i finally lost my volvik crystal control ball after 3 rounds with it... and it was on the very last hole of the day
hooked that baby right into the drink trying to go for it from 213 out
this ball was hard to lose since its a really bright yellow... but no matter how yellow it was the water was too deep to recover it lol
finished my last few shots with a bs b330rxs

I bought some Precept Lady IQ Plus' a while back and finally played them over the last days. The good: one of the softest, best sound balls I've played. I am/was a huge fan of the original Precept Lady. I'm stashing a box for some reason. The bad: at least a club and a half short for me. I will play out the box, but probably won't buy again.

Hex Black. Played great off of driver and wedges compared to the pro VX it's replacing and about the same off of the irons

I have never spun balls off wedge half shots like I did today with the iz. Fabulous ball off the tee, irons, etc. I played terribly, but am looking forward to testing this ball further. I got a dozen for $25 and was blown away after 1 round.

Played the Callaway Hex Black today. Lasted all 18 holes which is very rare for me. Driver was as straight as it's been all year. Ball was doing a great job on the greens checking up. Really like this ball a lot.

I used the yellow Srixon Z SL for most holes but also hit a 2012 Bridgestone B330-RX that I found last week.I usually don't spin the ball much on approaches ,but today a couple times I hit wedge shots with the SL that hit once and then checked back slightly.The new 330-RX was long and straight for me.I may have to buy some of the 330-RX yellows when my Srixon supply of yellow Trispeeds and Zstar SL balls are depleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back