Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

My fast 12 draw 3 wood came into tonight . Being a lefty didn`t have chance to demo. So hope to hit it tomorrow evening.
l57

Played 9 today and only hit the Fast 12 3 wood twice. Hit two solid, dead straight shots. Both were out of the light rough, got them out with ease. Slightly higher ball flight than I get with my R11, but lower than I have been seeing with the Fast 12 previously. Problem with the nice, straight shots... I was playing for a fade and missed the green left on one and hit a tree on the other.

I'm strongly considering putting the Fast 12 into my bag and removing a wedge to fill the gap with like a 52. The 910f works great off the turf but not as well off the tee as the fast 12 and I'm thinking the fast 12 would give me a go to club off the tee if I could get it grooved in. Anyone do anything like that?

by taking that amount of what do you think is allowing you to swing it so well now?

I think I am now just able to get the center of the clubface on the ball easier. That 1/2" just gets me close enough where I can put a good wide arched swing on the ball and get the sweet spot. Maybe it's just mental. Eitherway it's working.

Just another quick note that I did another round of league play with the F12 driver and had no issues at all. Nothing spectacular to report, just six nicely playable tee shots. I think I hit two fairways and the rest were playable near-misses very much like last week.

I now am confident that when I pull this club for a tee shot I won't later regret doing so, which is really saying something considering the problems I had before I shortened it.

Ken

Got a short range session in with the F12 3W. It did not go well, I dont know what it was but I just could not get comfortable with it. The only consistent shot was a high slice, everything was pretty much all over the board. Sorry that I cant say a whole lot, but the swing was not working at all.

A few notes that I can contribute from this session:
- Adams has one of the best stock grips of any clubs I've owned
- The velocity slot makes me feel confident that I have the club head square at address
- They did a pretty good job of making the club light, but not so light that you lose it during your swing
- The silver isnt bad, but I prefer the white of my current R11 set
- The 3W feels more like a hybrid than a fairway wood to me

Just got the email that Adams accepted my review of the F12 driver for their site, yay.

Ken

There is something about the Adams fast 12 3 wood. All I do is aggressively fade it. I thought it was swing flaw so I took it to the range for an apples to apples comparison with my old Titleist 975F and hit that dead straight. I'm not sure what it is - maybe it is that the face being slightly curved at address doesn't work with my brain. Look for it in the marketplace soon.

Well my bicep is finally doing better and during my absence I've shortened the Fast 12 and allowed a buddy to use it while I've been out. I asked him (36 handicap) to do a write-up on his thoughts that I'll get up a bit later. Sorry for my disappearance and I'll get back on the testing wagon today or tomorrow!

Tap before talk.

All4's was thinking about the Adams Fast line as a replacement for a 3 wood, I thought he'd like to see how the Fast 12 3 wood performs and it will be on his way to him for his thoughts. Can't wait to hear what he thinks about it. As I was packing it up I thought to myself, it really is a nice looking club. I'm not just saying that, it has a formal beauty about it. From grip, shaft, head, finish, colors and the headcover it's an all around nice looking club. I'd love to have a bag mimicked after it's headcover design and color scheme.

Bring on your thoughts All4's!!!

Played in a scramble this morning and got to use the 3 wood a few times.

220 yard par 4 (yes a par 4)
Hit it a little high on the face and sent the ball pretty high in the air, ball ended up on the front edge of the green. Off the tee, I really struggle to keep the ball down with this club. I think the shaft is all wrong for my swing.

250 to the center on a par 5
Off the deck in the fairway, put a good swing on it and ended up about 20 yards short of the green. Hit a nice little fade, that went pretty much right where I wanted it to. This club is great off the deck, I have zero issues getting it airborne. Still goes a little higher than I would like, but would have no complaints using this as my everyday club off the deck.

210 to the center on a par 5 (wind in the face)
Hit it fat

260 yard par 4
Thought I put a good swing on it and thought I got good contact, but the ball just kept climbing. Ended up being a high fade that only traveled about 215 yards. I was not happy that I only got 215 out of what I thought was a good tee shot with a 3 wood.

I think this would be a great 3 wood for anyone who has trouble with hitting one. You can play it off the deck and off the tee, and elevate the ball easily. I think that it elevates a little too much for my swing.

I do not really know whether I got all of it or not. A decent hit off center feels the same as a crushed shot right in the sweet spot. I just don't get that "crushed it" feeling on any shot.

I'll bump this thread.

I've been hitting my driver really darn well lately. I am more impressed with how I have been feeling the club launch the ball.

It'e been a while since I have played but got out today after some minor surgery and a trip to see grandkids.

OK, about golf. I used the Fast 12 3 wood several times today including shots from the tee, fairway and rough. With the exception of on shot from the rough which was smothered because I was trying to hit a rope hook from a bad lie, all shots were straight-to-slight-draw and good distance (for me).

I continue to be very happy with this club and have a lot of confidence every time I pull it from the bag. Thank you Adams for a fine product and THP for a chance to test it.

I'm not a THP tester, but just got a Fast 12 driver off ebay for a good price, and thought I'd throw in some thoughts. About me...I just started playing golf again after a 2 year hiatus. At my best, I used to shoot in the mid-80s pretty consistently. My best score was a 79, but was on a pretty easy course. However, I always felt I hit the ball pretty well, was just never scored very well. Before the Adams, I was playing an R7 Limited. I was always wildly inconsistent with it. On those shots where I hit it pretty good, I would say I averaged in the 275-285 yard range.

Now onto the Adams. It is a 9.5*, stiff shaft. My first range session with it...I HATED the club. Couldn't get used to it, was hitting everything off the toe, huge high slices, and a horrible sound. After pounding balls for a while, I came to THP and started reading, and realized I may be having an issue with the length of the club. SO, I went out yesterday and hit all of my drivers gripping down 1-1.5 inches. On the range, I immediately noticed better, more consistent performance. So out to the course for 18 (only my 2nd round of the year)...I really like this club. I hit it more than I'd usually use driver just to get some reps in with it. I didn't hit many fairways, but nearly all misses were within a couple yards of the fairway, and only one was OB (a just horrid swing after a long wait on the tee...). Here are some general thoughts.

Distance: Solid. Other than the shot that went OB, my worst mishit still went about 250. My best swing was on a drive-able par 4 where I normally wouldn't hit driver but thought it would give a good distance test. The hole is 285 to the green. I hit a really solid shot, and flew it into the face of the bunker in front of the green. I would say my drivers were mostly in my normal range, about 275-280.

Accuracy: Again, quite solid. I didn't hit many fairways (mostly due to my swing...), but other than 1 shot OB, all were within a few yards of the fairway and very playable. I found mishits off the heel were much more forgiving than off the toe.

Feel/Sound: When you hit one in the sweetspot, the feel to me is very good, powerful and explosive. It also has a nice, powerful sound that makes me feel like I really killed it. Mishits off the toe, however, sound terrible to me, this kinda tingy sound (reminds me of my dad's Nike square driver from a few years ago).

Ball flight is pretty high, but didn't seem to balloon on me (except on my toe mishits). I still need some time to adjust to this club, but after a couple of range sessions, a minor grip adjustment, and one round, I think I'm a big fan. I definitely like it better than the R7 I used to play even if it's not significantly longer.

Overall, I would rate this club a solid 8/10 so far, with a possible bump up to 9 once I get fully adjusted to it.

I'm not a THP tester, but just got a Fast 12 driver off ebay for a good price, and thought I'd throw in some thoughts. About me...I just started playing golf again after a 2 year hiatus. At my best, I used to shoot in the mid-80s pretty consistently. My best score was a 79, but was on a pretty easy course. However, I always felt I hit the ball pretty well, was just never scored very well. Before the Adams, I was playing an R7 Limited. I was always wildly inconsistent with it. On those shots where I hit it pretty good, I would say I averaged in the 275-285 yard range.

Now onto the Adams. It is a 9.5*, stiff shaft. My first range session with it...I HATED the club. Couldn't get used to it, was hitting everything off the toe, huge high slices, and a horrible sound. After pounding balls for a while, I came to THP and started reading, and realized I may be having an issue with the length of the club. SO, I went out yesterday and hit all of my drivers gripping down 1-1.5 inches. On the range, I immediately noticed better, more consistent performance. So out to the course for 18 (only my 2nd round of the year)...I really like this club. I hit it more than I'd usually use driver just to get some reps in with it. I didn't hit many fairways, but nearly all misses were within a couple yards of the fairway, and only one was OB (a just horrid swing after a long wait on the tee...). Here are some general thoughts.

Distance: Solid. Other than the shot that went OB, my worst mishit still went about 250. My best swing was on a drive-able par 4 where I normally wouldn't hit driver but thought it would give a good distance test. The hole is 285 to the green. I hit a really solid shot, and flew it into the face of the bunker in front of the green. I would say my drivers were mostly in my normal range, about 275-280.

Accuracy: Again, quite solid. I didn't hit many fairways (mostly due to my swing...), but other than 1 shot OB, all were within a few yards of the fairway and very playable. I found mishits off the heel were much more forgiving than off the toe.

Feel/Sound: When you hit one in the sweetspot, the feel to me is very good, powerful and explosive. It also has a nice, powerful sound that makes me feel like I really killed it. Mishits off the toe, however, sound terrible to me, this kinda tingy sound (reminds me of my dad's Nike square driver from a few years ago).

Ball flight is pretty high, but didn't seem to balloon on me (except on my toe mishits). I still need some time to adjust to this club, but after a couple of range sessions, a minor grip adjustment, and one round, I think I'm a big fan. I definitely like it better than the R7 I used to play even if it's not significantly longer.

Overall, I would rate this club a solid 8/10 so far, with a possible bump up to 9 once I get fully adjusted to it.

Everything here is just about on par with my 3 months with the club, except it did balloon on me when I went for it. Still haven't found an Adams shaft/head combo that out runs the 9064LS w/gamma in terms of feel accuracy and distance. But the f12 is a solid driver.

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

Last edited:
First, thanks again IceyShanks for the chance to try the F12 3 wood out.

So I have been putting a few fairway woods through their paces to see what I will add to my bag after a failed experiment earlier in the year of replacing my fwy wood with a low lofted hybrid. I really liked the F12. It was as good as anything I hit and I have no complaints about the club in any way, it just came up just short to its older brother, the F11.

I tried out the Ping G20, Adams F11, Adams F12 against my current fwy wood a TEE XCG-4, 16.5* 4 wood. I was looking for more distance and less spin than I was getting with the XCG-4. I ended up choosing the Adams F11 because the Aldila Voodoo shaft seemed to fit me the best of the bunch and I preferred the look of the black head over the grey head on the F12 behind the ball. I did find the F12 a little more forgiving and higher launching, but I just liked the way the black F11 looked behind the ball better. The black head appeared smaller to my eye than the grey head of the F12. On a parting note, the G20 was simply excellent but it was obvious I would need to change shafts and that was a tough undertaking to swallow given how similar my results were between them all. Tough to justify more $ for a shaft when the F11 was neck and neck with it already. I feel like I probably gave up a little forgiveness going with the F11 over the G20, but picked up more in distance than I lost in forgiveness. Which was fine for this club and how I will use it.

Also, I gave this the same treatment as my driver and again it was a massive improvement. Cut the length down to 42.25, put on a Winn Lite Soft Std grip and it is swingweighted at D4.7 and I am loving it. Same results I saw with my driver: better control, more consistently solid contact and the heavier SW lets me really feel the club throughout the swing and maintain lag.

Last edited:
First, thanks again IceyShanks for the chance to try the F12 3 wood out.

So I have been putting a few fairway woods through their paces to see what I will add to my bag after a failed experiment earlier in the year of replacing my fwy wood with a low lofted hybrid. I really liked the F12. It was as good as anything I hit and I have no complaints about the club in any way, it just came up just short to its older brother, the F11.

I tried out the Ping G20, Adams F11, Adams F12 against my current fwy wood a TEE XCG-4, 16.5* 4 wood. I was looking for more distance and less spin than I was getting with the XCG-4. I ended up choosing the Adams F11 because the Aldila Voodoo shaft seemed to fit me the best of the bunch and I preferred the look of the black head over the grey head on the F12 behind the ball. I did find the F12 a little more forgiving and higher launching, but I just liked the way the black F11 looked behind the ball better. The black head appeared smaller to my eye than the grey head of the F12. On a parting note, the G20 was simply excellent but it was obvious I would need to change shafts and that was a tough undertaking to swallow given how similar my results were between them all. Tough to justify more $ for a shaft when the F11 was neck and neck with it already. I feel like I probably gave up a little forgiveness going with the F11 over the G20, but picked up more in distance than I lost in forgiveness. Which was fine for this club and how I will use it.

Also, I gave this the same treatment as my driver and again it was a massive improvement. Cut the length down to 42.25, put on a Winn Lite Soft Std grip and it is swingweighted at D4.7 and I am loving it. Same results I saw with my driver: better control, more consistently solid contact and the heavier SW lets me really feel the club throughout the swing and maintain lag.

All4s, what do you think know?

Just a quick "thank you" to Adams and THP again for letting me review the Fast 12 Fairway. I am still loving this club. I can still mis-hit it once in a while but I can usually get it nicely airborne and it almost always goes straight. Distance is good but I know that lack of distance is my issue not that of the club.

Took the fast 12 to the range today to compare against the classic I've been gaming.

Thought the head just came unglued until further investigation.

Not pleased.

4A999776-DC3A-4A4C-92DE-65A0DC053974-13646-0000111E1980CE81.jpg

That should be an easy warranty claim.

I would love to grab a dirt cheap Fast 12LS!

Took the fast 12 to the range today to compare against the classic I've been gaming.

Thought the head just came unglued until further investigation.

Not pleased.

4A999776-DC3A-4A4C-92DE-65A0DC053974-13646-0000111E1980CE81.jpg
ha welcome to my world i have broken 6 shafts in the last 2 months and people tell me not to swing so hard i say bs thats y i use x stiff its supposed to be made for that. but the only thing thats held up for me is house of forged shafts. no im not a rep for them lol. i wish tho

ha welcome to my world i have broken 6 shafts in the last 2 months and people tell me not to swing so hard i say bs thats y i use x stiff its supposed to be made for that. but the only thing thats held up for me is house of forged shafts. no im not a rep for them lol. i wish tho

6 shafts in 2 months is a ton, what kind of shafts and clubs did you break them in?

I just tested out the 3 wood at Golf Galaxy. I got the R11S instead, but I was still very impressed by this one.

Back