Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP is sending out 11 drivers & fairway woods to the forum testers that were selected after signup and they will be providing feedback in this thread. Feel free to join in the conversation with your own reviews as well as ask questions to those that are doing the hard work of testing these out.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their clubs in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Testers
Hawk - FW Wood
Hanks - Driver
Puttin4Bird - Driver
KMac - Driver
IceyShanks - FW Wood
barryjmunro - Driver
Steel President - FW Wood
jeanthemachine - FW Wood
Adam0304 - Driver
khoover - Driver
marshallucf - FW Wood

I'll be testing the Adams Speedline Fast 12 fairway wood with the stock, stiff shaft. This is a 15° 3 wood at 43 inches in length. I did have a chance to take it on the course today and will have some thoughts coming up.

We'll start with some pictures and a short video.

[video=youtube;P-4oVsC1NuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4oVsC1NuY[/video]

DSCN0468-L.jpg

DSCN0474-L.jpg

DSCN0473-L.jpg

DSCN0471-L.jpg

DSCN0472-L.jpg

DSCN0470-L.jpg

Good first vid Hawk, the first thing I think of right away are that the velocity slot is distracting, and then whether or not the Prolaunch Blue shaft will create some moon balls. Looking forward to everyones feedback on this one as I'm really becoming a huge fan of a good 3 wood.

Nice pics and video Hawk. That was the first thing I thought as well CB. I'm interested to see if others feel that way or if you get used to it. I look forward to the reviews.

As I mentioned, I was able to take the Fast 12 out for a round today. I basically unwrapped it and took it to the course, with no chance for range time. I hit a number of 'practice' balls with it today and compared it directly against my current fairway wood - the Mashie 15.5° 3 wood.

The club looks quite nice, though the velocity slot is a bit awkward. The finish on the head is nice, much more industrial than you'd expect from a silver finish. The grip is really good in my opinion. It's very much like a Tour Velvet, though it's not labeled with a brand that I noticed.

It sets up nice and the velocity slot does just sort of disappear at address. I like the silver head when addressing the ball, but I already have a couple clubs in the bag in different shades of that color. The sound at impact was quite muted and a bit high pitched. I didn't care for it much, though it's definitely better if you hit the center of the face. Ball flight for me today was very high for what I'm used to with a fairway wood. High enough that it caused some issues in the wind. For the life of me, I couldn't hit any other shot shape than a big, high fade with it today. I'll give it more time, as one day on the course is never enough to make a good judgement.

As for distance, I didn't see any major differences from what I currently have in the bag. I took some video that you'll see below, and it was basically a wash. Sometimes, I'd be little longer with the Fast 12 and other times I would be a little longer with the Mashie. One prevailing trend was that I was always a little farther offline with the Fast 12. Again, we'll give it some time.

The head cover is really nice!

Sorry for the heavy breathing. I was walking up a big old hill.

Good thoughts Hawk, right off the bat you are seeing a higher ball flight which makes sense considering the shaft. The fact that it is about as long as the mashie is fairly impressive though.

My expectation is that it should be longer than the Mashie due to the hot face/velocity slot tech, but it was pretty much neck and neck. Hopefully I can straighten it out a bit and get some more yards out of it.

Congrats to all the testers!

Testers
Hawk - FW Wood
Hanks - Driver
Puttin4Bird - Driver
KMac - Driver
IceyShanks - FW Wood
barryjmunro - Driver
Steel President - FW Wood
jeanthemachine - FW Wood
Adam0304 - Driver
khoover - Driver
marshallucf - FW Wood

I tend to launch the ball rather low with my driver so I'm super pumped about the high launch shaft.

Tap before talk.

Hopefully you see some higher balls, Adam. I would expect you to from my limited experience and TC's review of the PL Blue shaft.

Hawk, good stuff. I think this shaft could be of use for me as I don't have a particularly high ball flight. Definitely excited to give this a try. Our weather looks absolutely amazing this week so I'm hopeful that I can get to testing soon.

Interesting stuff, Hawk. I can't say I'm much of a fan of the top velocity slot. It's too distracting, and I think it could make for some interesting side effects in certain conditions.

Ball flight for me today was very high for what I'm used to with a fairway wood. * * *
As for distance, I didn't see any major differences from what I currently have in the bag.
That was generally my experience with the FW wood too - nice but not eye popping length. The driver was a different story though, definitely long.

Good stuff hawk, I cant say I am a fan of that shaft but if you have a problem getting the ball up then it should work well for those people.

Good stuff Hawk! I'm definitely interested in hearing how you like the fairway wood, can't wait to hear more.

I too received the item I would be reviewing as part of this forum testing...without further ado, here is my unboxing.

That's right, the Fast12 driver!! Here are some pics.

2e347deb.jpg

a6fd5c09.jpg

73a9aee8.jpg

12cff4c8.jpg

17fd8712.jpg

33508285.jpg

Look closely at that last picture, that baby was caught dead center of the sweet spot and it felt and performed great. So immediately after receiving this driver I ran to the driving range where I put in some swings with it. The first video is just a close up so you can hear the sound at impact. I like the sound a lot, pretty unique and not too loud, not too muted, just a good solid sound on a well struck shot. Check it out.

The loft on my driver is 10.5 as you saw earlier, I typically play a 9.5 degree so this was something that I was hoping wouldn't cause me to hit my shots way too high and from my first session I think that will not be a problem. I was still able to achieve that slight boring flight that I love to have and it seems to have carried quite a long ways. I actually felt like I was swinging this faster than the other drivers I have on hand right now, swinging faster but I didn't notice any off line shots accordingly, hmmm. I will be getting this out to the golf course this week, here I'll really be able to compare the distances as I just can't really tell on the driving range. Stay tuned for that. Here's on last video of a full shot with the Fast12 driver. So far so good!!

P4B, good stuff from you as well. I really love the looks of these clubs - definitely visually attractive. It's a bit of a unique look but it just works for me. And the head cover looks sick!

Interesting sound - my friend had a Fast 10 for a few months before it shattered, and it had a rather awful clunking sound to it. I'm glad that they now have a more pleasing clink sound!

Good start Hawk and Jake. The driver sounds fairly good to me. Looking forward to hearing how it goes on the course.

Nice Jake. My range has the same range balls as yours. You took a healthy swipe at that one broski.

Nice Jake. My range has the same range balls as yours. You took a healthy swipe at that one broski.
Thanks buddy, it wasn't a bad rip...it was toward the end of the session so I was able to swing pretty freely. I hit it well, straight and somewhere toward the end of the range so I'll take it every day! Those range balls are actually decent....we get several chewed up or whatever but not usually more than a couple per bucket max.

Thanks buddy, it wasn't a bad rip...it was toward the end of the session so I was able to swing pretty freely. I hit it well, straight and somewhere toward the end of the range so I'll take it every day! Those range balls are actually decent....we get several chewed up or whatever but not usually more than a couple per bucket max.

I really liked your shoes too. Good job pal. Enjoy that big stick.

I really liked your shoes too. Good job pal. Enjoy that big stick.
Thanks, I can't wait to get it on the course where I can really see how the distance stacks up to where I normally hit my shots. So far I think this driver will be very good, I'll update more ASAP.

The fairway has such a good look at address. Great info here already.

I actually felt like I was swinging this faster than the other drivers I have on hand right now, swinging faster but I didn't notice any off line shots accordingly, hmmm. I will be getting this out to the golf course this week, here I'll really be able to compare the distances as I just can't really tell on the driving range. Stay tuned for that.

It isn't an illusion. The lightweight shaft and aerodynamics promote a faster SS. I hit a bunch of stuff on Trackman a few weeks ago - my SS with the Adams 12 was consistently about 4 to 5mph faster than with the array of other drivers I hit. This was the longest driver I hit and 2nd best for dispersion.

Nice start Hawkster and Jake! I've got the same 'distracting' thought about that velocity slot, but I guess we're in the right place to find out if it makes a difference, a THP testing thread!

I really like the silver/black contrast on the driver. Looks like it means business.

Back