Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

Cramps? Using Nuun? What else did you add to it? Did you read the beginning of the thread and learn you need to start hydrating before you get to the course?

Anyway, I have a thing called Adisons Disease. Basically my body makes antibodies to the the cortone it produces. The result is my body does not want to hold on to electrolytes. I have to take pills every day so that I hold on to enough electrolytes to keep me alive. It also means my body cant automatically react to electrolyte loss either. If I don't use something I can certainly get cramps - on a scale that scares people. Imagine one muscle uncramps and the next one cramps, for hours, in muscles I never knew I had. That and no matter what I would feel totally wiped out for the rest of the day.

Sports drinks helped some but still I would feel wiped out at the end of a round on a hot day.

Since Nuun, I can golf in the hottest weather we get. Walking. Morning, afternoon, evening, whatever. No problems. No cramps. Feel great afterward. No matter how much I sweat. Until something better comes along (if ever) I will be drinking my Nuun and feeling great doing it.

Last edited:
I used to suffer with cramps. I ride bicycles too (road and mountain) and I got in to the Nuun tablets over one year ago. I had to learn to hydrate early and often.

The same is true for me in golf. I am still pretty big and I have to hydrate from breakfast until bed. The Nuun tablets let me replenish while I hydrate and it is much cheaper, in the long run, to buy a case of bottled water, rather than sports drinks. I also find that I alternate water and Nuun better than sports drinks.

The convenience of the little tubes is also great. If I forget to bring enough bottles, I can always find water. Most facilities have water on the course, so I can refill if needed. I have really found these to be a god send and let me carry less, both on the road and on the bike.

Cramps? Using Nuun? What else did you add to it? Did you read the beginning of the thread and learn you need to start hydrating before you get to the course?

/QUOTE]

You know, the one thing that was different that day is that I played early and 90% of the time I play in the afternoon. Maybe I wasn't hydrated properly before hitting the course as opposed to playing in the afternoon when I have adequately hydrated. I'll give it another try, thanks! I'm glad that nuun is helping you.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

/QUOTE]

You know, the one thing that was different that day is that I played early and 90% of the time I play in the afternoon. Maybe I wasn't hydrated properly before hitting the course as opposed to playing in the afternoon when I have adequately hydrated. I'll give it another try, thanks! I'm glad that nuun is helping you.

I'd like to apologize to you publicly. I didn't go about talking things through with you the proper way and for that I'm sorry. It just really didn't make sense to me what you were trying to get at exactly and what you were saying about the cramps and the NUUN might've not been meant the way I took it. Anyways, just be sure to hydrate some before going out because once your already out there it's too late! Good luck and I hope it treats you better next time around.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I'd like to apologize to you publicly. I didn't go about talking things through with you the proper way and for that I'm sorry. It just really didn't make sense to me what you were trying to get at exactly and what you were saying about the cramps and the NUUN might've not been meant the way I took it. Anyways, just be sure to hydrate some before going out because once your already out there it's too late! Good luck and I hope it treats you better next time around.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

No problem Sir!

I bought Nuun last year at my home course.. for $5 I got a nice water bottle and a capsul full of around 20 tablets I believe. I am sorry to say but these are just not for me. They taste awful and I would just rather drink a gatorade. There is no sugar in them if I am correct so they are very bitter. I am not sure if it is safe but I usually just lick the tablets because they taste much better that way :D BTW I bought the orange flavour. It has a lot of carbonation and kind of tasted like club soda to me.
Yes the taste is awful but these tablets are very effective in summers.

Last edited:
I'm not a tester, but I've tried these at my pro shop before and they work well. While they don't alter the taste as much as something like a flavor packet would, there is still a small difference in taste. The bottles are very convenient for storing in your golf bag and the price is right. They give you energy, and help restore electrolytes and lost vitamins and minerals. I think that these are great.

A year later and still using these. Need to load up for the 2013 season and I think I will be trying some of the new flavors, Cherry Limeade, Watermelon and Lemonade. Convenient as all get out and they work.

A year later and still using these. Need to load up for the 2013 season and I think I will be trying some of the new flavors, Cherry Limeade, Watermelon and Lemonade. Convenient as all get out and they work.

Same here Jeff. I don't use them all of the time, but usually make sure there is a pack in the bag.

As for the taste, which so many different flavours, I personally think it's unfair to say that Nuun tablets in general taste bad after just trying one flavour.

I seriously need to grab some for the summer. I loved having them last summer, they just work so well. I'll definitely get them if I ever plan on spending any time here in SC during the summer.

They must be doing well. I've been seeing them pop up in a lot of places that didn't have them before. Golf shops, running and bicycling shops, outdoor outfitters.

I probably won't need them nearly as much now that I'm moving to a cooler climate. If I find that I could still benefit from something like this then the NUUN is definitely what I'll return to.

Had these with me today as it was low-mid 90's out. As the day went on I didnt really feel myself getting as tired as I usually do. I am a pretty out of shape guy and my buddy is in really good shape. On the drive home he told me he was exhausted and I was surprisingly not even tired. I had 2 berry tablets today throughout the round. These are really a life saver in this weather.

Had these with me today as it was low-mid 90's out. As the day went on I didnt really feel myself getting as tired as I usually do. I am a pretty out of shape guy and my buddy is in really good shape. On the drive home he told me he was exhausted and I was surprisingly not even tired. I had 2 berry tablets today throughout the round. These are really a life saver in this weather.

Think I'm gonna grab a few I think my GG is now carrying them. The weather here has been pretty random hard to adjust from cool to hot days.

Think I'm gonna grab a few I think my GG is now carrying them. The weather here has been pretty random hard to adjust from cool to hot days.

PGA SS carries a whole bunch of different flavors. If you cant find them let me know and I will grab you some.

PGA SS carries a whole bunch of different flavors. If you cant find them let me know and I will grab you some.

Awesome thanks I def will.

I needed these today! I walked 9 and am absolutely beat with the heat and I drank a ton of water... Really need to try these

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I will add, these also help with hangovers, though I am sure they were not intended for that. I had one this morning after a bit of a rough night.

I will add, these also help with hangovers, though I am sure they were not intended for that. I had one this morning after a bit of a rough night.

Leave it to you...

For best effect drink it before you hit the course.
Absolutely, I take one before, drink one during and maybe one after. It really helps with recovery!!!

i just bought a 12 pack of fruit punch looking forward to trying it out.

I still like these on really hot days on the course or after a run. The flavor is still weak for my liking, but I think they work. Could be just a mental thing, but I think they help.

I still like these on really hot days on the course or after a run. The flavor is still weak for my liking, but I think they work. Could be just a mental thing, but I think they help.
I agree, the flavor is much weaker compared to other drink additives I've tried, but it also seems to work better than others!

I still use these from time to time....wish the flavor was better though

Back