2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

After messing around with the slot between my M4 and F3 for awhile, I've decided to fill it with the M3 and I plan to get it in the bag here in the next couple weeks. I like the shorter shaft that the hybrid offers over a the F7 and I'm finding some issues with my Heavy Hybrid that never really happened in the past. Namely a humongous push to parts of the course I don't want to be in. I think having the same shaft profile and weight in my long clubs will be a good thing.

I think I want the M3 as well Hawk.

Yea buddy. I need a 190-200 club. That's a distance I see more than a few times a round. The Mashies are usually clubs that still behave when things go awry for me.

Yea buddy. I need a 190-200 club. That's a distance I see more than a few times a round. The Mashies are usually clubs that still behave when things go awry for me.

I don't know where it would fit in with my bag to be honest, but if it's a little longer than the M4 and a little shorter than the F5, I'm sure I could find a use for it, LOL

I really don't want to change much about my bag right now except for maybe add the M3 and replace my wedges.

I'm honestly trying to find excuses to change my bag, but am still struggling to do it. The M3 was something I've wanted for a few months now though.

I'm honestly trying to find excuses to change my bag, but am still struggling to do it. The M3 was something I've wanted for a few months now though.

I'm actually completely content with my bag. Just want to preserve the wedges and maybe add a hybo. Other than that, I'm golden for a while.

Trout and I had that conversation on Saturday Hawk. There are a lot of clubs on the market that I would love to try but honestly I can't see any club in the bag that I could rationalize swapping. I'd love to move around my wedges a bit, maybe a new set of 588's in satin 53* 58* but other than that, not so much. It's weird dude, I like tinkering but I'm so pleased with everything I don't want to mess something up lol.

After messing around with the slot between my M4 and F3 for awhile, I've decided to fill it with the M3 and I plan to get it in the bag here in the next couple weeks. I like the shorter shaft that the hybrid offers over a the F7 and I'm finding some issues with my Heavy Hybrid that never really happened in the past. Namely a humongous push to parts of the course I don't want to be in. I think having the same shaft profile and weight in my long clubs will be a good thing.

I really like the thinking here Hawk. I'm pondering going all Fubuki since I absolutely love the shafts in my hybrids

Trout and I had that conversation on Saturday Hawk. There are a lot of clubs on the market that I would love to try but honestly I can't see any club in the bag that I could rationalize swapping. I'd love to move around my wedges a bit, maybe a new set of 588's in satin 53* 58* but other than that, not so much. It's weird dude, I like tinkering but I'm so pleased with everything I don't want to mess something up lol.

It's one of those things that is just natural for me I guess, especially with everything coming out soon. I will say that I seem to quickly go back to almost everything from the MC I take out of the bag though.

I really like the thinking here Hawk. I'm pondering going all Fubuki since I absolutely love the shafts in my hybrids

I figure it can't hurt. It's definitely a benefit of the Cleveland/Miyazaki partnership.

I agree. I think a consistent shaft profile for as many clubs as possible is a good thing. If you find one that works, go with it for as many clubs as possible.

Of course, I say this as someone who admittedly stinks. For me, it's just one more variable that I remove.

Well, to be fair, I stink too. I've just noticed a difference in the success I get from the Heavy and I have to wonder if it's related to having the Mashies in the bag for the last few months. Nothing else has really changed.

I don't know where it would fit in with my bag to be honest, but if it's a little longer than the M4 and a little shorter than the F5, I'm sure I could find a use for it, LOL

I really don't want to change much about my bag right now except for maybe add the M3 and replace my wedges.

I'm actually completely content with my bag. Just want to preserve the wedges and maybe add a hybo. Other than that, I'm golden for a while.

I was really confused for a second, but you next post answered my question as to replacing your wedges.

I've always been interested in the Mashie but the offset has dettered me. I like the looks of the Mashie+ and ended up grabbing one and taking it to the hitting bay with me. I only take the launch monitors with a grain of salt, but compared to the other hybrids this thing went 10yds further consistently. I was bombing the 20.5* 245-250yds. Again, have never hit a 3H that far, but I will definitely look to add at least one to the bag based on the comparisons I matched it up against.

Side note, not sure I like the stock shaft. It plays a little too tip soft.

I also absolutely love the sole grind. It's reminiscent of the old Callaway Big Bertha fairway woods that I loved so much back in the day. They had more of a V shape and were so easy to hit and just cut through the turf. Might have to look into the Mashie fairway woods too now ;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, sleuth. You can order the hybrids with the C Kua 83 shaft as well. It's heavier and has a stiffer tip-section. I'm a huge fan of these hybrids right now. They've really become an important part of my bag.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, sleuth. You can order the hybrids with the C Kua 83 shaft as well. It's heavier and has a stiffer tip-section. I'm a huge fan of these hybrids right now. They've really become an important part of my bag.

I have the Tour Mashie with the 83g shaft and like it very much. I don't find it hook prone at all. I have the M# 20.5* and am hitting it about 215 or so, but very consistent.

I haven't hooked the 2012 Mashie yet with the 59 C Kua, but I know some of the big hookers can do it. I've still not tried out the 83 shaft.

I haven't hooked the 2012 Mashie yet with the 59 C Kua, but I know some of the big hookers can do it. I've still not tried out the 83 shaft.

I saw some guy hit a 80 yard pull hook into the junk a couple weeks ago, but he sucks so I wouldn't worry about it.

I have the 2012 M4 and haven't even sniffed a hook with it. I have the 59x C. Kua shaft.

I played 36 Saturday and didn't hit this club once. How the eff does that happen?

I have the 2012 M4 and haven't even sniffed a hook with it. I have the 59x C. Kua shaft.

I played 36 Saturday and didn't hit this club once. How the eff does that happen?

When I was borrowing Hawks' V2's I didn't grab the 4 iron on accident and I needed it 3 times in 2 rounds. Haven't used one since.

I wish I could go a round without hitting these just because it means I'm playing well off the tee.

you played a pitch n putt course again didn't you?

When I was borrowing Hawks' V2's I didn't grab the 4 iron on accident and I needed it 3 times in 2 rounds. Haven't used one since.

Isn't that odd?

I wish I could go a round without hitting these just because it means I'm playing well off the tee.

I was hitting it well off the tee dude. I was hitting F5 at the par 5's, LOL. Actually, hit one over the green, whoops.

Plus this course was one of those where you could be somewhat aggressive out of the fairway so that's what I did. Probably why my GIR's sucked. I was not happy with the 588's.

I had a 205 par 3 last weekend and put the M4 to within 10 feet. Such a great feeling

I had a 205 par 3 last weekend and put the M4 to within 10 feet. Such a great feeling

Nice shot! I like the M4 as my 200-215 club. That means I'm smoothing it, which this club likes.

Back