Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Congrats on the set. Adams makes a really solid product. I have hit these and they are awesome clubs.

TapAhoy!

Just got fitted for the a12os graphite shafts-regular flex with 1/2" shorter and 1* flat. Really looking foward to getting out there and banging a few balls around the range. My previous set of Nike Ignite irons picked up used when I first took up thegame have served me well for the past few years. Just thought it was time to invest in a set that was fitted to me. I hit the 7 iron during the fitting and was really stroking it well, so glad I didn`t have the shanks during the fitting as that would have been a little embarassiing. Set should be in middle next week around Aug. 15. Also picked up the Speedline Fast 12 3wood and was hitting it pretty well at the range.

Hopefully I can develop some confidence and consistency with this a12os set. My biggest problem right now is off the tee. Recently I have just given up on the driver all together and I have been hitting my 22* hybrid off the tee. The hybrid works well but I`m really hoping to put the 3 wood into play to get that extra yardage.

I`m so excited for the set to hurry up arrive! Hopefully I can give a nice impression next weekend after a few rounds and range sessions.

My index is 24 right now and the goal is to try to get it under 20 in the next few months and maybe these clubs can give the confidence I need to get the job done.

Please give us updates on what you think of these great clubs, I know I will be interested in following your progress.

It aint working..., the wedge play of this set is not near close as the performance for the other irons.., I'm sure building a strong wedge set was not the purpose of this iron set but the bulky look scares me to dead (all the way around with my irons), the club sole might be to big for presicion chipping..., the LW face is so big that I often find myself hitting it fat since it doesnt cut thru the grass.

So my friends, I KNOW my short game is my biggest challenge, I KNOW I need to spend hours in the range practicing my wedges.., but.. do I really want to move on with this wedges?, should I go with more wedge intended brands? ie Cleveland or titleist?

Help :(

Porky: I'm glad to hear the A12OS set is working so well for you. I have hit them and were pretty impressed by them. I think I like the HB3s in my sig a little better, but think the A12OS are great clubs.

You may want to look at some Cleveland Niblicks for your wedges, specifically the 49 for a gap wedge. The Niblick is sort of like a SGI wedge and is very versatile. I prefer a smaller wedge (like the CG14 in my sig) for the sand, but I use the 49 for any shot from 75-20 yards away when I'm not in the sand.

If you've got any extra slots in your bag, you may also want to pick up a Niblick 37 for chipping. It's been a godsend to my chipping game. My avatar picture is from a recent chip in using the 37.

Good luck and keep us posted! You and I seemingly have similar ability so I'll be watching to see how you progress.

After a range session and 3 rounds with this new set I`m impressed.

Impression: Took me a little time to get comfortable hitting the clubs. The clubs are fitted to me and I have always played with club where I had to make the adjustment. I had to always remind myself to stay down as these clubs are shorter than my old set which has resulted in some thin shots initially. The last round I started to get better ball strikes have started to get a feel for the clubs. Gained a 1/2 to 1 1/2 club in distance most notable in the shorter irons ie. PW is now 115 up from 100, now GW has taking over that 100yd shot.

Hybrids:
I have been on the hybrid bandwagon for a long time and these hybrids are sweet. After the initial thin shots mentioned above these clubs came to life on the most recent round. Ball seems to fly off the face and goes high and lands soft. Example is a Par 3 on my usual course that plays 180 and usually I really have to hit a pure 4 iron to get it anywhere close and come up short a great deal of the time. Well I took the 4h with a regular swing and ended up pin high just off the left side of the green. Added 20-30 yds with the Adams 4h over my old 4h which was some generic brand cheapo. This has made longer holes more manageable I have to adjust my game plans on several par 5`s and longer par 4`s to account for this increased distance. now my second shots are with the 5h/6h instead of a 3w or 4h. Makes a big difference as I dont feel like I have to over swing to advance the ball. Very satisfied with hybrids!

7-8-9 irons: Once again after the initial growing pains (still have some thin shots) these really feel good. Gained a club or two on distance. My old 7i was a 130yd club now thats an 8i and if I really go after a 7i I can carry 150yds, but usually a controlled 140yd club. Really high ball flight on good contact. Once I find a good comfort level with these clubs I think I will gain some more distance. Taking nice controlled swings until I get a little more confidence in my game. I have noticed that a thin shot will flat send the ball (my usual miss) so I have to be in control with these clubs on my home course.. A lot of trouble on that home course and a thin mishit on an approach equals a big number. Really happy with the irons.

PW-GW: I feel comfortable with these wedges. Never played a GW before this set and it does feel that spot nicely between the PW and SW. Wedges feel really good around the greens. My game from just off the green is that I like to bump and run with an 8i followed by the GW and then PW if a little more carry is needed. All the clubs felt good when trying these different shots. The execution isn`t always there on my part but the clubs feel good when I execute the shot. I have always wanted to get some bladed wedges a try to see if there is a difference but I`m in no hurry to buy any in the near future as these do a fine job.

Final Impression: Overall I`m happy with my purchase. I feel these clubs will be in my bag for many many years. Very forgiving set of clubs. Shots are higher, straighter, and longer (even misshits) than before. What more could you ask from a set of clubs?

Last edited:
well I got my set on friday.
hit the driving range yesterday.
wasnt really put-off by the size of the head as I thought i might be when standing over the ball.

the first few shots i hit with the 7iron and more due to my first swing for a while and new clubs I did find myself coming up over the ball.

Once I got comfortable i hit some nice shots that did impress me.

Not 100% sure how my distances are really affected, I will find that out once i hit the course.

all in all, very happy with this purchase and i hope that my 25 average can keep heading south

Good stuff still being posted here, thank you for your thoughts rye, that was a very nice review ccd and congrats to eggy79 on your new irons, keep us posted on your progress folks.

Glad to see some people still giving these Irons a go....I really liked them when I was playing them and now there are in the bag of forum member Steele

Glad to see some people still giving these Irons a go....I really liked them when I was playing them and now there are in the bag of forum member Steele

They are very solid irons TBT, and that was quite a nice gesture by you.

played my first round today

i used only the adams clubs on a par 60. there were some holes where a driver couldve been used but decided against that.

Distance wise im not sure I gained any extra distance, may have lost some with the high ball flight BUT

the majority of balls did go high and more importantly STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

GOING to enjoy developing a close relationship with these sticks!!!!!

How are you guys doing with the wedges?, my set came with the PW and AW but I then decided to go buy the SW and the LW..., I dont now if my short game is that bad or if this wedges are just not as good as the rest of the set haha...

well ive just taken my game back to basics

I purchased a box of srixon q star balls, which are supposed to be good for mid-high handicappers

Had my first round with those balls + these clubs = my best score + nice consistent straight drives and hybrid shots.

only played a par 60.

am looking forward to hitting a bigger course next week to see how we go, but after 1 round i think the ball and clubs are a good combo

That's great! Hope they continue to click for you.

Now that these are coming down in price, they are on my serious ponder list.

As they should be . . . these are great clubs.

These are a great set of irons...in some ways I think I hit them better that what's in my bag now.....you looking at graphite or steel?

These are a great set of irons...in some ways I think I hit them better that what's in my bag now.....you looking at graphite or steel?

I seriously have no idea. Gotta spend some serious time in this thread reading about the stock shafts. Any rec's?

I seriously have no idea. Gotta spend some serious time in this thread reading about the stock shafts. Any rec's?

I had regular flex graphites in the pro launch blue series and I loved them...

I had regular flex graphites in the pro launch blue series and I loved them...

I've never had graphite shafts in my irons but I like the information I've read about the benefits. I think i deserve a golf upgrade. Lol.

I never had graphite shafts until now either. I was playing stiff steel shafts in my old irons. I was fitted for my a12os irons this spring. Although my driver swing speed is 105 (stiff shaft r9) my iron speeds were closer to high 80's. The swing analyzer was leaning me toward regular shafts. Surprisingly, I hit my irons farther and straighter now. I love the set!

really enjoying these clubs now! worked on a new grip and some subtle adjustments to my swing processes and am starting to be really consistent

My wife has been using the 4 and 5 hybrids of this set. Within a couple of weeks she had two close calls on holes in one (one with each club), so I don't see me getting them back any time soon.

Not sure how much longer I can keep the 6H in my bag before she takes that one too.

My wife has been using the 4 and 5 hybrids of this set. Within a couple of weeks she had two close calls on holes in one (one with each club), so I don't see me getting them back any time soon.

Not sure how much longer I can keep the 6H in my bag before she takes that one too.

Wooo, that 6H used to be money for me! Loved that thing. Keep it away from her if you ever want to see it again. Haha

Wooo, that 6H used to be money for me! Loved that thing. Keep it away from her if you ever want to see it again. Haha

I want to keep it in the bag for the getting over the trees capabilities of it, so hopefully she leaves it alone.

Back