Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing, mine is 3D and it is great. I have heard the same thing BUT for $100.00, it is definately worth it.

but no Siri! haha...what a joke

Instead we get S Voice, which actually does everything quite well. You should see me and GG having little contests to see which one works better between Siri and S Voice.

Oh and one more thing. The darn phone is WAY FASTER.

What's photo unlock?

So the iPhone5 has a new style charging port. Genius.

Instead we get S Voice, which actually does everything quite well. You should see me and GG having little contests to see which one works better between Siri and S Voice.

Oh and one more thing. The darn phone is WAY FASTER.
hahaha...I hadnt heard of S voice. I am still on a doodie Bionic.

What do you think about texting? To me, it seemed different than the Iphone. Not sure if it was better or worse. Also, something that I may have set up wrong, on the SG3, when you dial a favorite number, you have to press the name, then press the number. On the Iphone you press the name and it dials it automatically. I think this was one of my biggest dissapoitments on the SG3. BUT, I could have had it set up wrong.

For those that are using the SG3 over Iphone 4s, what is the main thing other than screen size do you like better?

I have a list of them.
Replaceable Battery
Google Maps
Voice to Text that works right
A FREAKING BACK BUTTON
Swipe screen capture
Photo Unlock
I could go on and on.
JB covered most of them. Another one for me is the Chrome to Phone app for Android, I love it and it makes it so much easier. Also, not having to deal with iTunes for moving pictures to and from my laptop is a huge plus for me.

Another is screen size. A lot of people say it's unnecessary but once you use it, you cant go back to a smaller screen.

What do you think about texting? To me, it seemed different than the Iphone. Not sure if it was better or worse. Also, something that I may have set up wrong, on the SG3, when you dial a favorite number, you have to press the name, then press the number. On the Iphone you press the name and it dials it automatically. I think this was one of my biggest dissapoitments on the SG3. BUT, I could have had it set up wrong.
You can go to your favorite numbers, and then swipe to the right for a phone call, or swipe to the left for a text message. Pretty simple actually, it it allows me to not have to worry about which name I am pressing.

JB covered most of them. Another one for me is the Chrome to Phone app for Android, I love it and it makes it so much easier. Also, not having to deal with iTunes for moving pictures to and from my laptop is a huge plus for me.

Another is screen size. A lot of people say it's unnecessary but once you use it, you cant go back to a smaller screen.

I forgot about that one. Genius setup if you ask me with Chrome to phone. Plus having to use iTunes is/was awful.

the only negative is at night...correct?!?

Then I just swipe as normal.

thats what I thought

Also, the Camera app is pretty sweet. I love the rapid shutter feature as well as the stock panoramic mode.

Also, the Camera app is pretty sweet. I love the rapid shutter feature as well as the stock panoramic mode.

The camera does so many things well. I thought the iPhone had a good app for your basic phone camera. The S3 just takes it up a notch.

I sent my SG3 back because I think it had issues. I have been sent another SG3 and thought I would just stay with my Iphone. I will give it another chance because the size is perfect.

I have a list of them.
Replaceable Battery
Google Maps
Voice to Text that works right
A FREAKING BACK BUTTON
Swipe screen capture
Photo Unlock
I could go on and on.

I couldn't believe how much better Google Maps was on the S3 as opposed to the 4s.

I couldn't believe how much better Google Maps was on the S3 as opposed to the 4s.
Google Maps for Android is hands down better than that on iOS. It will be interesting to see how Maps is done when the get rid of Google Maps in iOS 6.

Google on the iPhone has never been updated or changed since the first iPhone.

I see the kindle HD just got announced.

Google Maps for Android is hands down better than that on iOS. It will be interesting to see how Maps is done when the get rid of Google Maps in iOS 6.

I asked JB what program he was using because I wanted to install that app. When he told me it was google maps I felt dumb and slighted

Google on the iPhone has never been updated or changed since the first iPhone.

I see the kindle HD just got announced.
New Kindle Fire is $159...wow.

Just curious, what makes it better? Does it speak directions in Android?

I think I am going to miss Siri completely. From 4 to droid. Is it that addicting? I hear people say they use it all the time, and some who have it say it's stupid.

Amazon is killing it with the price.

No question about it.

Just curious, what makes it better? Does it speak directions in Android?

Sure does. Also completely integrated throughout the phone to make 1 touch mapping and navigation perfect. No reason to pay for an app or have a 3rd party navigation app, its built in and free.

I think I am going to miss Siri completely. From 4 to droid. Is it that addicting? I hear people say they use it all the time, and some who have it say it's stupid.

Rarely do I use Siri. If I do its mostly when I'm driving and need to make a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back