Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my first ace yesterday in a FSGA tournament at The King & the Bear, World Golf Village, St. Augustine, FL. Hole 11, 140 yards, 8 iron

Overhead (pin was in about the same spot as in the below picture):

7976306047_1c0b990474_o.jpg

Ball in hole:
7974365477_691400c5a3_z.jpg

Happy (and dumbfounded and a little shaky from adrenaline, haha) golfer:

7974367023_d878995d6e_z.jpg

Everything about the shot was perfect - backswing, balance, tempo, impact, ball flight, flew staight at the flag the whole way, bounced once a few feet short of the cup then disappeared and we all went nuts.

Now I'll have my name and HIO info engraved on a brick to be set into the walkway leading up to the clubhouse on their walk of fame or whatever they call it so I can go back and visit forever. Super cool.

9th hole, rolled in a 35 foot right to left breaker for birdie.

Shot of the day for me came on a Par 5. Not the prettiest hole, but I'll set it up for ya;

Pulled my tee shot to the left in to the trees. Punched out, then flew the green with my iron shot and plugged in some mud behind the green on a mount. Duffed my 4th chip about a foot in front of me. Shot of the day came on my 5th shot on this hole, when I chipped in for par.

Not exactly how you draw it up, but a 5 is a 5.

On the exact same par 5 that War made his amazing thunder stealing par. I had hit a 6i to 15' above the hole in two and rolled in a great down hill right to left eagle. BOOM! I took back half my thunder that WE took earlier!!

Can't let this go with saying congrats my man!! Brilliant!
Made my first ace yesterday in a FSGA tournament at The King & the Bear, World Golf Village, St. Augustine, FL. Hole 11, 140 yards, 8 iron

Overhead (pin was in about the same spot as in the below picture):

7976306047_1c0b990474_o.jpg

Ball in hole:
7974365477_691400c5a3_z.jpg

Happy (and dumbfounded and a little shaky from adrenaline, haha) golfer:

7974367023_d878995d6e_z.jpg

Everything about the shot was perfect - backswing, balance, tempo, impact, ball flight, flew staight at the flag the whole way, bounced once a few feet short of the cup then disappeared and we all went nuts.

Now I'll have my name and HIO info engraved on a brick to be set into the walkway leading up to the clubhouse on their walk of fame or whatever they call it so I can go back and visit forever. Super cool.

On the exact same par 5 that War made his amazing thunder stealing par. I had hit a 6i to 15' above the hole in two and rolled in a great down hill right to left eagle. BOOM! I took back half my thunder that WE took earlier!!
Haha, I was so excited about chipping in. We were walking back to the cart and I think I said, "Wait, did you just Eagle that?"

Shot of the day for me came on a Par 5. Not the prettiest hole, but I'll set it up for ya;

Pulled my tee shot to the left in to the trees. Punched out, then flew the green with my iron shot and plugged in some mud behind the green on a mount. Duffed my 4th chip about a foot in front of me. Shot of the day came on my 5th shot on this hole, when I chipped in for par.

Not exactly how you draw it up, but a 5 is a 5.

Those were both great shots. I really can't remember a good shot I hit all day today.

I had a 25 foot downhill putt today on a green that was playing unfair. Tomorrow the course is hosting a pro-am so the greens were lightning quick. The pin was in the front. The 3 other guys in my group all hit putts that rolled off the green, down the hill and back into the fairway. 2 were pin high and one was above the hole like me. I aimed at a spot 2 feet in front of me playing about 5-6 feet of break and hit a putt like a 2 footer. The ball started gaining more and more momentum as it got to the hole. Fortunately, I hit the perfect putt, dead center. Maybe the best I ever hit in my life.

Those were both great shots. I really can't remember a good shot I hit all day today.

You hit a lot of good shots bro

After a drive that was skied a little bit I had 170 left to the hole on a par 4. It's a hole that's often given me problems and where you don't want to be right of the green. I roped a 5 iron pin high and had about 20 feet left. 2 putted for par.

That 5 felt awesome!

Lots of good drives including a 245 yarder uphill after taking an 8 on the previous hole. I was a tad ticked off and took it out on the ball.

Nice!
Sometimes those aggression swings work for me. More often they just add to the problem.

Lots of good drives including a 245 yarder uphill after taking an 8 on the previous hole. I was a tad ticked off and took it out on the ball.

A 12 foot put for my only birdie of the day

I had an 88 yard shot after a layup on a par 5. Took a little bit off my pw and ended up 2 feet from the pin almost giving me my first eagle. Also had a 25 foot putt that I slammed into the cup for a birdie (seriously if I missed I'd have been like 15 feet past)

I'll put up a picture of my almost eagle when I get home

2 52 degree wedges from 75/81 out
almost dropped both for birdies

One of the best wedge shots of my life, 1st hole par 4, hit a good drive and had about 110 left and a perfect PW to 8 inches. I was amazed and tapped in for birdie. I have been practicing my wedges and short irons alot lately finally starting to see some results.

put one on the pin 142 out with an 8i
man i was screaming for that baby to go in hahaha
left me a 5 footer for birdie that i missed :(

Didn't have many good ones today other than my drives so I'd have to go with my drive on 1. The first tee is rarely a good tee shot for me but today I crushed my drive right down the middle, leaving only 50 yards in.

Was a putt

On the 12th which is a par 5 I lost my ball after trying to play safe by hitting 4 iron. It was playing straight into the wind with trouble all down both sides.

Hit a driver with my second ball followed by a punched hybrid.

Hit a low punched 9 iron and left myself a 10 footer for a 6 (birdie with my second ball). Told my playing partners it was a must make putt - slightly uphill and right to left. Hit firmly and took the break to fall in the middle of the hole.

V pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tattooed a drive on 515 yard par 5. Had a 7 iron in. Made a birdie.

My home course has a 600 yard dog leg right par 5. The dog leg is protected by a bunch of trees and the 2nd shot is mostly a carry over water, so you can be dead in the trees or OB in the water if you hit it too far or too far right. If you hit it straight you are left with @250 yards just to get to the 150 marker. I hate this hole and it has owned me.

I hit my best drive ever yesterday on this hole - a beautiful fade around the dog leg that rolled uphill toward the water but nestled safely.

I ultimately missed a long birdie putt but tapped in for par, my best score ever on the hole. Par here feels like eagle on any other par 5 to me :)

wow, I'm getting my driver game back, I had so many great drives today, my best was a beautiful 250 yard fade, that hit the fairway just right and it just rolled and rolled, the second best shot was the 5 wood shot after

Best shot of today's horrendous round came on the par 4 15th. Shanked my 2nd shot into a greenside bunker and splashed it out to about 20 feet from the cup. Made the long right-to-left breaker for par, a sand save, and the only good putt of my round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back