5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I cut out soda's completely Jugger, I still drink coffee but I have always drank it black. Sugar is something I really avoid. I drink a lot of water and carry Mio with me for when we eat out.

Good Luck.

I may suggest the TRX workout. Low impact, but a tough workout. I started doing it last winter and still see gains monthly in strength. Full body / core workout is the way to go. I talked a few guys I golf with into getting it, and you can see the distance gains when they are using it. For personal gains, I lost 10 lbs and have kept it off the last 6 months. 35 mins of a non stop full body workout. Try it out.

Did you guys know that diet soda does not help ya lose weight? I am heading to the gym this morning to get my arse back on a schedule. Check this link out:

http://voices.yahoo.com/is-diet-soda-worse-than-regular-soda-281525.html?cat=5

I cut out all sodas, water and water with Mio is pretty much my drink of choice now. I do drink some Crystal Light flavored drink but CL contains aspartame and I don't like to get too much of that inside me. Good link there buddy.

I posted when I got back from Orlando in March and was at 236 I am down to 219 now but I was at 216. I turn 30 in November so my new goal is 205 by November 10th. Went for a 20 minute rub last night did some stretching an sit ups after.

keep after it achase, I am betting you will get there.

Just left the gym after a core and flexibility workout, it amazes me how my trainer is able to step up the work outs each time I go. I know it has really helped my flexibility a lot, now if I could just transfer that flexibility to my golf swing.

Just got back from hitting it hard at my gym today. Gawd it makes you feel better to have a good old sweat! Cleans the system out and refreshes me. One of the things that I will really miss is my local gym. I love all the equipment and folks that you make friends with. It's going to be hard to change however I will jump right in at my new gym when we move!

I've dropped 10-15 lbs. since April. More active and a lot less eating out since I retired. Big lunches and lots of eating (drinking) out on business trips really hurt me for the last few years. I was varying between 190-195 and am 180 now. I'm looking to get back to 170, which is where I was at in high school/college. Of course the distribution and % of body fat will still be a lot different.

I missed out on the challenge but I will share my story. I was severely overweight with my highest weight being around 400 lbs. I had tried to lose the weight and I would lose 15 and gain 20. I fought this battle for many years after high school. After getting married and having kids, I knew sometthing had to happen. I wanted to do things with my boys and at the weight I was, I couldn't. So I decided on the weight loss surgery. It has been the best thing I have ever done. I am over 15 months out and I am down 110 lbs since my surgery where my pro op weight was 356. I have been taken of all of my medicine other than my vitamins and I can do things with my boys now and best of all, I am playing more golf.

For all of you trying to lose weight, I am rooting for you. I know how hard it is and the struggles that you face. Keep up the good work!!

I missed out on the challenge but I will share my story. I was severely overweight with my highest weight being around 400 lbs. I had tried to lose the weight and I would lose 15 and gain 20. I fought this battle for many years after high school. After getting married and having kids, I knew sometthing had to happen. I wanted to do things with my boys and at the weight I was, I couldn't. So I decided on the weight loss surgery. It has been the best thing I have ever done. I am over 15 months out and I am down 110 lbs since my surgery where my pro op weight was 356. I have been taken of all of my medicine other than my vitamins and I can do things with my boys now and best of all, I am playing more golf.

For all of you trying to lose weight, I am rooting for you. I know how hard it is and the struggles that you face. Keep up the good work!!

Congrats on getting those important things back into your like, I am proud of you rgh jr. :clapp:

I've gone from about 180 about 5 months ago to 166 a week or so before the Morgan Cup. I've been between 165 and 168 every morning the last two weeks.

No exercising, just not pigging out. I'm having rice and Spam tonight though so I'll have to be good the next few days. As soon as I get done with my license test, I hope I can start exercising and try to get to 160.

164 today. Was kind of surprised, but I'll take it. This is the lowest in three years. Been fluctuating between 166 and 170 the last couple weeks and haven't looked at the scale for a few days, so I didn't expect 164. That's about 10% in six months and down from my high of 192. Only sucky thing is that my Morgan Cup clothes might not fit much longer!

164 today. Was kind of surprised, but I'll take it. This is the lowest in three years. Been fluctuating between 166 and 170 the last couple weeks and haven't looked at the scale for a few days, so I didn't expect 164. That's about 10% in six months and down from my high of 192. Only sucky thing is that my Morgan Cup clothes might not fit much longer!

That's a good problem to have :D... Congrats on your success :clapp:

Nice going Smallie, proud of you buddy. What size are your Morgan Cup clothes, I might know when they could find a good home, hehe.

I'm not able to get to the gym right now and I am missing it. Also eating mostly fast food has got to be setting me back weeks. I plan to really get after it when I am back home and back into routine.

Nice going Smallie, proud of you buddy. What size are your Morgan Cup clothes, I might know when they could find a good home, hehe.

I'm not able to get to the gym right now and I am missing it. Also eating mostly fast food has got to be setting me back weeks. I plan to really get after it when I am back home and back into routine.

The shorts are 34. I'd love to drop to a 33 but if I do I'll keep these around for down the road!

The shorts are 34. I'd love to drop to a 33 but if I do I'll keep these around for down the road!
Gotcha buddy, I was joking for sure, I would keep them no matter what if I were a MCer.

It's been quite some time since I was able to wear size 34 comfortable. I did get down to a size 36 a few years back and they actually fit very well. I have to really work hard to get back down that low as my size has been 38 for years now.

I was just thinking about looking for if anyone else is trying to loose weight in these forums. I need to loose about 30 pounds and hope to get off 5 this month. So far down 1 for the month. Gonna have to step it up.

I was just thinking about looking for if anyone else is trying to loose weight in these forums. I need to loose about 30 pounds and hope to get off 5 this month. So far down 1 for the month. Gonna have to step it up.

Get after it buddy, I know you can make it.

I was able to return to the gym today after an unwanted 12 day lay off. I could tell that I had not been in a while but it was great to be back in the gym and working again.

I wear a size 34 as well, but I'm about a little over 50 pounds north of Smalls haha.

Glad you guys are still keeping up in here. It helps immensely to have the support of others when you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

Great to see how well you are doing. I am steadily losing, its been about 7 months or so now and i am down about 38 pounds or so... Looking to lose about 15 more.

I need to find a kick boxing class. I love doing different exercise DVD's that incorporate kick boxing. I think this would be a great way to keep me motivated plus give me the ability to beat up ddec whenever he needs it:beat-up: haha

I need to find a kick boxing class. I love doing different exercise DVD's that incorporate kick boxing. I think this would be a great way to keep me motivated plus give me the ability to beat up ddec whenever he needs it:beat-up: haha

I thought you already could, hehe.

Back