Mumford and Sons - Babel

RoundersRob

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8
An awesome followup to Sigh No More. Similar sound to the songs but one thing that stands out is that they seem to be featuring their ability to harmonize much more and the messages behind the lyrics are much deeper this time around. Fantastic stuff. I might have to try to score some tickets to their show at the Hollywood Bowl on November 10th.

We were discussing this earlier in the "what are you listening to" thread.

I've been enjoying it all day. I will say this though, it didn't suck me in like Sigh No More did but the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I fear that with M&S they've done what Wilco did with Y.H.F and that was come out with a first album that can never be touched.

I really am enjoying this thing. Downloaded it and listened to it all day at work. Not as good as Sigh No More to me, but it is really good. Love M&S

I've been enjoying it all day. I will say this though, it didn't suck me in like Sigh No More did but the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I fear that with M&S they've done what Wilco did with Y.H.F and that was come out with a first album that can never be touched.

Is it on spotfiy?

Tapatalkin

That might be true. Sigh No More was probably one of the best debut albums ever.

Is it on spotfiy?

Tapatalkin

Yes it is buddy.

That might be true. Sigh No More was probably one of the best debut albums ever.

I wouldn't disagree but as a massive Wilco fan, I can say that YHF rivals it. Wilco hasn't put out anything similar or as good, IMO, in a decade.

Yes it is buddy.

I wouldn't disagree but as a massive Wilco fan, I can say that YHF rivals it. Wilco hasn't put out anything similar or as good, IMO, in a decade.

Sweet I am going to check it out. I agree about the Wilco album.

Tapatalkin

I loved Sigh No More. Between the Killers last week and new M and S this week my drives home will be more enjoyable.

First, HELL YES for Spotify having it, syncing it for offline play right now!

Second, I agree I put them equal in awesomeness of a debut. My personaledge goes to Mumford just because it meant alot to me at the time it came out (that whole corny thing, I know, but true) but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is one of my all time favorites, I'll never tire of it. Ever.

Sweet I am going to check it out. I agree about the Wilco album.

Tapatalkin

It's been frustrating me for a long time. I've always loved Jeff Tweedy and his ability to bring it but he's gotten older and mellower I guess.

SOrry, this is about M&S. I do love the track "Ghosts that We Knew". It's solid.

I sort of like how it just feels like a continuation of Sigh No More.

It's been frustrating me for a long time. I've always loved Jeff Tweedy and his ability to bring it but he's gotten older and mellower I guess.

SOrry, this is about M&S. I do love the track "Ghosts that We Knew". It's solid.

That was the first track that really stood out for me. Lovers' Eyes is another.

Did anyone see them on SNL this past week? I'd love to see these guys live.

I'm hoping another album means another tour.

Me too. I want to see them and The Avett Brothers badly.

Me too. I want to see them and The Avett Brothers badly.

I would to see M&S, Avetts are to expensive now.

Tapatalkin

I would to see M&S, Avetts are to expensive now.

Tapatalkin

I used to see the Avett Bros. for like $6 at the Grey Eagle all the time. Hell, they recorded an album or two in Robbinsville.

Sister saw avett bros at red rocks last year. Great band as well as M and S

I used to see the Avett Bros. for like $6 at the Grey Eagle all the time. Hell, they recorded an album or two in Robbinsville.

We saw them for free at the wine vault in university place. That was pre cello days. The best two shows I have ever seen are New Years, one in Charlotte and another in Greenville, SC.

Tapatalkin

Sister saw avett bros at red rocks last year. Great band as well as M and S

I had a buddy that went to that show. He sent me pictures, so beautiful.

Tapatalkin

Avett Bros are great too. They look like they'd put on a great show.

So, I'm very new to both albums, having only listened to Sigh No More in full for the first time yesterday, but I really, really like M&S overall.

For the albums, I think they both bring it. A very particular sound that isn't broken between the two CDs which I think is great (and I am so tired of bands trying to re-invent themselves).

Can't wait to listen again.. Probably within the next hour. Spotify is great.

For anyone who has dropbox account and wants the album, let me know.

Does that include "people who have a dropbox but don't have a clue what their account is"? haha, let me hunt.

haha if you figure it out, send me a pm.

Avett Bros are great too. They look like they'd put on a great show.

The Avett Bros. really do put on a great show. Lots of energy. And by their own admission and my eyeball test, as they're getting older, they're toning down some of the craziness for the sake of making it sound a little cleaner. Really good stuff.

I really want the Avett Bros. and Mumford & Sons to do a dual-headline tour. How sick would that be???

Back