Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree with War here. Ease of use gets thrown around and I think a few years ago it really had some merit, but I dont see it anymore at all. They are both very easy, but there are usually more extra steps on the iOS. Going into settings, not having a back button and the lack of any ability to have widgets means more steps every time.

This is one thing that Apple must figure out how to integrate in to the next big update. I basically live off the widgets on my Android devices. Once you get used to them, its hard to live without them.

RIM was the Apple of 2007, Apple needs to keep pushing the envelope to make sure they are not the RIM of 2012

Or the Nokia of 2012.

That is an interesting debate. Grant, how much time have you spent with the new Android devices? Im not sure they are at the top of functionality anymore. Ease of use some might say, but others would say its kind of a tie.

They are still behind in many aspects, although the argument can be made that these are not needed. Just as larger screen, 4g and other arguments were made. The use of widgets is one that I still do not understand how some OS's are not embracing it. Its simple, clean and adds so much ease of use its scary. But I suspect Apple will catch up, they always do and can stay a little behind due to their rabid fan base and the idea that they make a great device (which they do). However if you look at the last few releases, they are almost completely about playing catchup rather than implementing any sort of evolution.

I really don't have any experience, just basing on post from here and other technology websites. I am trying to keep my Apple fandom out of the debate too. I just wonder where the next step with phones are going to go. I just some what feel like we are topping off and something drastic will change the market. I thing it is going to go where War said the other day. You mobile phone will be your computer. You will just show up to a station (monitor, keyboard, mouse) and it will connect bluetooth or somthing similar. The cloud base systems are the future and phones can be used to connect to them. I love all of the google docs, spreadsheets and so on that are internet based. So easy to use.

I guess I need to try some of the Androids out, but I am just stuck in my rut and it satisfies my needs.

I really don't have any experience, just basing on post from here and other technology websites. I am trying to keep my Apple fandom out of the debate too. I just wonder where the next step with phones are going to go. I just some what feel like we are topping off and something drastic will change the market. I thing it is going to go where War said the other day. You mobile phone will be your computer. You will just show up to a station (monitor, keyboard, mouse) and it will connect bluetooth or somthing similar. The cloud base systems are the future and phones can be used to connect to them. I love all of the google docs, spreadsheets and so on that are internet based. So easy to use.

I guess I need to try some of the Androids out, but I am just stuck in my rut and it satisfies my needs.

You really don't have to try anything out. You have found something that works for you, its a solid device and you enjoy it. Isnt that the only reason to get something?

The next big thing will tablet and phone integration. The Samsung Note and LG Intution are two of the first. People at one point that it was crazy to carry a phone with a 4 inch display, now people think 4 inch is small. Then is 4.5, now its 4.8 with S3. The Note is like 6 inch, the LG is 5 inch. You can make a thin 7 inch, and its not that bad to carry. You give these hand writing ability and some nice document integration, pair up a bluetooth headset to one for the voice side and you have everything you could need for a mobile device.

You really don't have to try anything out. You have found something that works for you, its a solid device and you enjoy it. Isnt that the only reason to get something?

Exactly. It is all personal preference really, everyone has something they want for one reason or another. It serves a purpose for the user, and at the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

I make fun of the iPhone all the time, but I can practically guarantee that I have another one in the future. It's what I do.

I'll have another iPhone too. Those who know me will guarantee this.

I'll have another iPhone too. Those who know me will guarantee this.

I think we both said this before we got the S3, lmao

I think we both said this before we got the S3, lmao

Like you said, its what I do. And switching phones doesnt hurt my swing.

Exactly. It is all personal preference really, everyone has something they want for one reason or another. It serves a purpose for the user, and at the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

I make fun of the iPhone all the time, but I can practically guarantee that I have another one in the future. It's what I do.

Both of these are true. When I got my first iPhone, the 3g, I wanted so much more out of a phone. I think it is because I came from a windows mobile samsung phone. Now, I just want to browse the net, have a golf gps, easy calender, text and talk. That is about all, I have really simplified over time. Maybe I am just topped out. HAHA

Widgets would be huge in iOS at some point. Its really what its missing. Why cant I see the current temp and weather on the TWC app? Twitter feed with updates. These things need to come to iOS in my opinion.

Widgets would be huge in iOS at some point. Its really what its missing. Why cant I see the current temp and weather on the TWC app? Twitter feed with updates. These things need to come to iOS in my opinion.

You can, just jailbreak it..haha Cracks me up when people jailbreak their iPhone and make it an Android. Just go buy an Android.

If I may, the last three pages of this thread have been AWESOME reading!

You can, just jailbreak it..haha Cracks me up when people jailbreak their iPhone and make it an Android. Just go buy an Android.

You can do that?

Honestly when I did that to my iPhone I was not all that impressed with it and my battery life was awful after doing it. Just didnt seem worth it to me. And its much more difficult compared to rooting an Android.

You can always restore you phone back to manufacturer default through iTunes. It's not easy and there are alot of steps. Let me see if I can find a tutorial.

For starters: http://lifehacker.com/5881000/make-...phone-7-or-webos-with-these-dreamboard-themes
Honestly when I did that to my iPhone I was not all that impressed with it and my battery life was awful after doing it. Just didnt seem worth it to me. And its much more difficult compared to rooting an Android.

Hah, I'm looking into it a bit but I probably won't do it. I generally like to follow the rules. Even the 0.0001% chance of bricking my phone is probably enough to make me avoid it.

And battery life draining worse would really bother me. I hate hate HATE bad battery life.

Hah, I'm looking into it a bit but I probably won't do it. I generally like to follow the rules. Even the 0.0001% chance of bricking my phone is probably enough to make me avoid it.

And battery life draining worse would really bother me. I hate hate HATE bad battery life.

I am a bit obsessive with closing my apps but I get better battery life than my wife. Mine is jailbroken her's isnt. Both iPhone 4S.

I am a bit obsessive with closing my apps but I get better battery life than my wife. Mine is jailbroken her's isnt. Both iPhone 4S.

I remember seeing weird writing and stuff the last time you sent me a screenshot.

Is there an app that does the 9 dot swype unlock like Droid that you guys know of?

I always had my iphone with a jailbreak on it, so I could have the Android Weather App on my home screen w/ live weather and animations.

I remember seeing weird writing and stuff the last time you sent me a screenshot.

Is there an app that does the 9 dot swype unlock like Droid that you guys know of?
Yes, it's called droidlock, and it can be found in the Cydia app store after you jailbreak it.

I actually use that. I believe your phone needs to be jailbroken.

I always had my iphone with a jailbreak on it, so I could have the Android Weather App on my home screen w/ live weather and animations.

Yeah I like that app. I like the android unlike screen also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back