SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Boom! Course bound in 17 minutes! Cold front has come through and its 65 with 10-15 MPH winds, I'm excited!

I always wonder what takes these guys so long to buy in. Hopefully more guys will follow suit.
Nice to see Sean OHair using a seemore.

Nice post Freddie. I agree- the thing that I find interesting that I touched on yesterday is that all of a sudden I have found myself focusing more on other parts of my game. There is this weird feeling of 'knowing' that my putting is going to be ok in the end. Sure we have good and bad days, but now I feel like my baseline for putting can become higher. I think that the RST has a lot to do with that. Now I am tinkering with different grips and other things to make my putting better. I would have never done that prior to rolling a SeeMore.

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, all links are listed within the spoiler tag for the sake of de-cluttering.

REFERENCE LINKS:
Spoiler

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE
  • Round 1, 2, and 3 General Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 4 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 5 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 6/7 and Stance Drill: CLICK HERE
  • Round 8 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 9 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 10 and Practice Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 11 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 12 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 13 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 14 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • No Thumbs Drill/Trigger Video's: CLICK HERE
  • General Thoughts (Injury Time): CLICK HERE
  • Round 15 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Des Moines Recap: CLICK HERE
  • Round 16 Rundown: CLICK HERE

ROUND OVERVIEW:

Date: 10/4/12
Played: 9 Holes + Practice 9
Weather: 67* and 15 MPH Wind Gusts

Total Putts on Front: 15
GIR's: 5/9

PERFORMANCE THOUGHTS:

Sooooooo, it was nice to get out twice in one week for sure. Sadly, after a front 9 at a blistering pace (52 minutes!) and shooting a 36 on the front as well, I hit a HUGE brick wall of 5 groups on the back. So, I stopped keeping score and just started playing 2/3/4 balls on each hole for the sake of practice from tee to green since there was no way I'd be able to play through and I'd rather play slower than sit wait between shots, this actually let me keep a nice cushion from the group in front so that I was never rushing them and I got some good work in too.

On the front I was playing well and it actually got rolling on the par 3 2nd hole when I dropped a 36 foot birdie putt! This was the LONGEST putt I have hit in probably 2 years and the first real BOMB I got to drop with my mFGP2! It was a sweeping right to left putt with a bit of an uphill/downhill to it. Off the face I thought I had a chance with the roll and I may or may not have done the Tiger fist pump when it dropped. I've come SO close SO many times on big putts since adapting to the SPi method and have gotten pretty dang good at getting the 30+ footers to within 2-3 feet, but dropping one was euphoric for sure.

I putt up 15 putts on the front and managed a 36 with 1 birdie, 1 bogey, and only 1 3-putt. The 3-jack was certainly a disappointment though because it was on a 29 foot birdie attempt on a par 5 that I left miserably short by underestimating how uphill it was, 10 foot par putt attempts are no bueno for a second putt. On the hole though, it was an exciting 9 and I won't lie, disappointing to not get to finish up the back 9 to see where I ended up as well as I was playing. It was a choice I made though so I'm OK with it.

PRACTICE THOUGHTS:

Like I said, after running into 5 groups when I hit the 10th hole, since there was no playing through all of the groups on consecutive holes I just dropped 2/3/4 balls on each hole and went to practice time. Despite being on fire on the front, I'm glad I did this, it was nice to get to place balls on different regions of the greens to get different looks/breaks/speeds and see how I could do. Lots of emphasis was kept on my shoulder rock and more importantly, since I had time, I focused a LOT on going through my routine that I've been rushing.

I played most shots where they dropped on the greens from the fairway but I did put some in some gnarly places and it was fun to see what you would do or you COULD do with the mFGP2 from those spots. It really let me groove my stroke some more on course, which after the time off I really needed with the mFGP2 and the SPi method too. Good stuff for sure.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

The mFGP2 is a blast to use, it really is, I forget that fact sometimes after I go in a lull of only being able to practice in home rather than out and about in a round. I still just enjoy looking down at the headshape more than anything else. I like the classic SeeMore look and the mFGP2 had both the squared off look that fits my eye but keeps the simple curves to help the look through the stroke. Even almost 4 months in, its still fun to use. I still have work to keep ingraining things in the SPi method for me so it will become second nature in all aspects. Still the things I'm focusing on now are SO small compared to what the focus was looking back at the beginning of this journey, it sure is an interesting thing to think about for me.

Hope to get out again on Monday!

nice write up and round Jman! i should get out tomorrow and see if i can get my confidence back with the mFGP2. shouldn't be an issue with the greens im playing.

Played 8 practice holes yesterday with some time on the practice green. Really focused on this --->

WCBM - Trust the LIE of the putter head. While practicing on the putting green - make sure the sole of the putter head is flat on the surface - then walk into it. Do not move your heads. Everything works from the ground up - let us know how this works. Trust the lie - you will then begin to trust your hands and posture.

Boy, what a difference. I felt more comfortable. I felt like I had distance control. I just started to feel good over the ball. I also felt like "walking into the ball" got my eyes where they were supposed to be as well. As I suspected, I just needed a little tune up haha.

Hole 1- Good 2 putt bogey. Lipped out the par putt from 15 feet, should have made the par save but it wasn't to be. Flubbed a chip to put myself in that position. Initial putt was down hill, left to right and very quick.
Hole 2- Excellent 2 putt par. On in reg, followed by a 45 foot near miss. VERY tough putt that broke about 6 feet down a hill, right to left. When it left the putter I thought it was going in. It settled about 2 inches past the cup. I was very fired up at this point.
Hole 3 - No putts- chipped in for par.
Hole 4 - Another great 2 putt par - Again, the initial putt was very long and again my great first putt led to a tap in par. The first putt was from about 50 feet, uphill, right to left about 2 feet. Great speed and pace.
Hole 5 - Two putt bogey. Missed an 8 footer for par. Missed the green in reg stupidly. No excuse for the approach I hit. Decent recovery, could have made the putt but it lipped out.
Hole 6 - Two putt bogey. Missed a 6 footer for par. Very quick putt. Lipped out another putt (see a pattern here? hahah) Good read, I thought it was down when it left the club. Good speed, good feel. Thought I made it.
SIDE NOTE- as you can tell, what SeeMore told me to do seriously worked. Bar none, the best putting day I have had in about a month.
Hole 7- Three putt bogey. Pin location was satanic. Birdie putt was from about 30 feet. Right to left, downhill sidehill. The pin was on the side of a mound on the green. If you miss anywhere, it was going to roll 6 by in ANY direction. First putt was tentative obviously. Par putt, well I'll let you guess what happened. It has been a running joke throughout my testing.......Anyone.......??? Excellent guess!!! Yup another lip out!! Followed by that soul crushing feeling of watching the ball continue to roll farther and farther away from the cup. Fortunately, I made the 3rd putt. I actually wasn't upset with this three putt at all. Now the superintendent? That is a different story.
Hole 8- Very good two putt par. Again, I'll let you take a shot at what happened to my first putt.

ALL IN ALL. I can't believe how much two lines of advice from SeeMore helped my putting. These guys really do know their stuff. Best I have felt with my SeeMore hands down. Looking to put in some serious work on the greens this weekend and really try to ingrain some of the practices.

Good stuff wcbm! Glad to see it's starting to click for you. The guys at SeeMore definitely know their stuff!

nice write up and round Jman! i should get out tomorrow and see if i can get my confidence back with the mFGP2. shouldn't be an issue with the greens im playing.

Thanks brother, it was a good/fun day. I can't help but wish I'd have sucked it up and played one ball on the back to see where I'd end up after the 46 on the front, but I won't lie, I think the practice multi-ball from tee to green on course did me a LOT of good, good I expect to see on my next round out for sure.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get out again, roll that rock!

Date: October 6, 2012
Temp/conditions: 70*/ Perfect conditions
Green Speed conditions: Medium to Fast and a bit chewed up today
Course: Rock Manor Golf Course

Total Putts: 27
GIR: 8/18
Putts Per GIR: 1.8
Putts Per Hole: 1.5

Ok well since we all have been chatting back and forth in here about the SPI system and using other putters and the SeeMore and how important the RST is. today since i was with my good ol pal Kmac and we got talking about it, i decided to try an experiment. i played with another putter for the front 9 and my SeeMore on the back 9 on todays round. i noticed quite a few interesting things. A few important things about the round today first off is i didn't warm up putting at all today i had plenty of time but they pushed us off earlier than our tee time and we had limited time so i had no warm up or getting used to the speed of the greens before hand although i did feel very comfortable with the speeds of the greens today they were just a good speed for me and something i am used to. second off is the greens were pretty chewed up there were a TON of ball marks and spike marks everywhere again although i did putt extremely well today.

Here are a few stats on todays round..... i had 27 total putts and there was only 3 putt differential between the front and the back 9. Also i hit 4 GIR on the front and the back 9. Also my score was only 2 strokes different from my front and back 9. So i played pretty close to the same on the front and the back 9. That being said they are just STATS..... But they were pretty close Stat wise for this little test round.

A bunch of things really popped out for me today as i did notice quite a few things and differences during my round. One of the biggest things was my distance control. i have been a HUGE Fan of how much better my distance control has been since switching to my SeeMore and today wasn't any different my distance control was quite noticeably better with my SeeMore. as i was blowing putts past the hole more with my other putter on the front 9, i did make a few of the come backs but that being said i still feel WAY more comfortable hitting in a 6" tap in with my SeeMore than a 5' come back with something else. There could have been a few reasons why this was as i was getting used to the greens early on but i still hit one farther past later on during the front 9.

Another thing i noticed was how much more comfortable i feel putting with both putters today. I was a little nervous getting away from the SeeMore since i wouldn't have the RST to check myself before i made a putt. But i think using my SeeMore mFGP2 i have trained myself to keep my putter and ball in the same place over and over again so i think i could keep my other putter close to the same position every time. Now that being said without the RST theres no way of knowing. I think thats why i read on THP a lot that people get away from their SeeMore for a while and putt well maybe for a little bit but sooner or later they start putting bad again maybe because they aren't keeping the putter in the same position every time and they need to go back to Their seemore since they need the RST to train themselves to putt the SPI way again. i really do think the only way to truly do that is by using a SeeMore with the RST. How else could you be sure you are doing it properly there really isn't any way that i can think of. I also could see like i said how after time you would lose that confidence of making sure the putter was in the same position every time you make a putt and i'm sure if you used another putter sooner or later you would be moving your putter to a different place more or adding or delofting it and theres no way of knowing besides missing putts.

I think though i also realized that the SPI system really could work for another putter IF you practiced it with the RST BUT i also think you would need to practice with the SeeMore and RST often to keep it fresh in your mind. I remember Andy my SPI instructor saying LOTS of PGA pros use SEEMORES for practicing a lot but something else on the course due to contract obligations or whatnot. i did Drain Putts with both putters today that i had no business draining 3 for Birdies and a few 12' or longer par saves today. Kmac and i were laughing at a few of them. It was nice draining putts like that again. especially after the bad putting round i had at my Pro Am. again i think the nerves really screwed my putting up more than anything that day. i noticed a ton of old bad traits in all parts of my game that day that i hadn't seen in a long time.

I think although today was a little short experiment it did show me a lot. The main thing was That although the SPI system did work for me today with another putter i don't think without using the SeeMore for the last few months i would be able to just apply it to another putter from the start without the knowledge and muscle memory i have gained from the RST and my mFGP2 and the training aids. It sure does make more sense for me after trying this out today and why people always end up coming back to seemore when they are putting bad after a while and how the SeeMore helps them putt better almost immediately again. Pretty interesting stuff and def glad i tried this out today. I'm still surprised more Pros don't use SeeMores on tour but if they really do use them to practice a lot and can't use them due to contract issues i could def see how that could really improve their putting as well.

What a gawdawful weekend of putting I'm enduring so far. New course, tough greens. Yesterday I was running everything past the hole. Today I couldn't get the ball to the hole and the hole had a lid on it for all my shorter putts. Unbelievably bad, easily the worst day I've had with the SeeMore. I know it is me and not SPI/RST, but damn it was bad - I didn't keep stats but I'd say I was well over 40 putts on the day. Horrific. One last try tomorrow before heading home. If it doesn't get better I may end up doing serious damage to my body with beer while trying to numb the pain.

Good stuff wcbm! Glad to see it's starting to click for you. The guys at SeeMore definitely know their stuff!

Thanks dude- seriously - they do. That advice was exactly what I needed. And they didn't even see me putt!

What a gawdawful weekend of putting I'm enduring so far. New course, tough greens. Yesterday I was running everything past the hole. Today I couldn't get the ball to the hole and the hole had a lid on it for all my shorter putts. Unbelievably bad, easily the worst day I've had with the SeeMore. I know it is me and not SPI/RST, but damn it was bad - I didn't keep stats but I'd say I was well over 40 putts on the day. Horrific. One last try tomorrow before heading home. If it doesn't get better I may end up doing serious damage to my body with beer while trying to numb the pain.

Head up dude. When this happens to me I try to take a big deep breath and think about all the putts I hit. Was there a common feeling or issue? Was there a bad habit you developed? To me comfort is a huge thing. Some days you just don't feel right. It'll come back. Just try to trust the RST and the SPI!

I think though i also realized that the SPI system really could work for another putter IF you practiced it with the RST BUT i also think you would need to practice with the SeeMore and RST often to keep it fresh in your mind. I remember Andy my SPI instructor saying LOTS of PGA pros use SEEMORES for practicing a lot but something else on the course due to contract obligations or whatnot. i did Drain Putts with both putters today that i had no business draining 3 for Birdies and a few 12' or longer par saves today. Kmac and i were laughing at a few of them. It was nice draining putts like that again. especially after the bad putting round i had at my Pro Am. again i think the nerves really screwed my putting up more than anything that day. i noticed a ton of old bad traits in all parts of my game that day that i hadn't seen in a long time.

Buck lots of info in that right np, thanks for sharing. Would you say your proximity to the hole was the same on the front as it was on the back? Also the highlighted portion makes no sense to me. These UBS break their contracts all the time. Those that practice with a SeeMore should game it. The winnings would take care of any contract issues.

I love this thread. You guys are doing a great job and it makes me want to spend more time practicing my putting. I think it is time pick up the training ball and triangulator to kick my training into high gear.

I agree this is a fantastic thread/forum. What I have learned this year is great and has made the game more exciting than ever. Putting has improved after implementing some of the great techniques with a positive attitude it is going in everytime I strike.

I love this thread. You guys are doing a great job and it makes me want to spend more time practicing my putting. I think it is time pick up the training ball and triangulator to kick my training into high gear.

Training ball! I knew I forgot something yesterday! Buying one today!

Buck - glad to see that you are hot again with the putter and that the pro am was an aberration my man

Buck lots of info in that right np, thanks for sharing. Would you say your proximity to the hole was the same on the front as it was on the back? Also the highlighted portion makes no sense to me. These UBS break their contracts all the time. Those that practice with a SeeMore should game it. The winnings would take care of any contract issues.

i think they were close on the proximity of the hole on the front and the back but the SeeMore was def closer on more holes but i had some aggressive lines on the front as well. As for your highlighted part i know he said the part about PGA pros practicing with the SeeMores i think i may have assumed it was due to contracts and such on why they don't game them. I guess its just personal preference then i'd be interested to know why they wouldn't game one to at least try.... i mean Zach is always leading the Putting stats with his..... But i just remembered him telling me that some used it to practice with only.... and i could see how that would help if they didn't or couldn't game one. like i said i figured i would just assume they couldn't and a club contract i would think would have been a main reason why.

Also the highlighted portion makes no sense to me. These UBS break their contracts all the time. Those that practice with a SeeMore should game it. The winnings would take care of any contract issues.

I agree Freddie, but, some of those guys may be being paid to play a certain putter maker who shall not be named so it's an individual contract rather than the entire sponsorship by one of the big OEM'a for everything. Just a thought. It's sad how money can change playing what is best for your game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck - glad to see that you are hot again with the putter and that the pro am was an aberration my man

Thanks man the more i play after it the more i am realizing how much nerves and the "Juice" really affected my golf game. and how much now my game has improved because things on the course that may have made me nervous to a point is nothing compared to the pressure i felt that day. it has improved my entire game including my putting. all i know is i want to keep trying to play in competitive settings with that pressure until i don't feel it as much anymore. I know i will alway feel it but i would like to be able to play well and handle the pressure better. the fact i missed 2 3' putts that day that mattered and i hadn't missed any 3' putts since switching to the seemore says A LOT about the pressure that day. Like i said i had never felt like that on a golf course. most of the competitive things i play in are for fun or with friends and for a few bucks so this was very different. but also looking back now i did screw up other areas of my game like my chipping on the 2nd hole for example i flubbed 2 chips because i didn't follow through like the way i used to chip. when you are under pressure you can go back to old bad habits and i did a lot that day and it affected me especially my putting unfortunately. the good news is since then i have been draining more putts than i even was before... i easily drained in my last few rounds close to 10 putts over 15'

I agree Freddie, but, some of those guys may be being paid to play a certain putter maker who shall not be named so it's an individual contract rather than the entire sponsorship by one of the big OEM'a for everything. Just a thought. It's sad how money can change playing what is best for your game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah thats kinda what i thought.... but i am not 100% sure i thought maybe he said it was due to contracts but it was a few month ago. i just remembered it when writing my review and i thought it was interesting and after yesterday could see how it would even help if you couldn't play a seemore.... i know i was talking to Sharkwrestler the other day and he said he uses a Seemore in his basement on his putting green to practice religiously but uses another putter in his bag right now and he said he has been putting well. But i would assume like most other golfers especially on here even when they go another route they will come back sooner or later to the SeeMore once they start putting bad again and when they do they usually see great success again. i know War Eagle has been putting lights out since switching back.

Back