Driver - Callaway RazrX Black or RazrX Fit??

zoots16

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi
I have just started Golf, I am 6'1" Tall and have purchased R11 Steel Irons, 27 years old and play ok.
Just a beginner you can say. Picked up TaylorMade R11 Irons after consulting one of my coaches.
I am pretty confused about the Driver and Woods to pick.
I have short listed - Callaway RazrX Black and Callaway RazrX Fit.
I dont know, which one to buy. Please help!!!!!
Also my swing is good. So I prefer Regular Flex. I was thinking of a 10.5 Degrees Regular Flex Razr X Black, but my coach just told me to go for 9.5 Degrees Driver. Do you think, for a beginner like me, 9.5 degrees driver will suit me?? Also, he told me to for Razr X Fit.
I have become really confused.
Please tell me what to do??

Pretty nice setup there. Relax the right arm a little and make sure your knees are flexed.

Becuase OEM's like Callaway don't release specs such as COR and MOI, it's impossible for us comsumers to know which head design is superior. As for as loft, best thing is to get on a launch monitor (any stores nearby?) and see what the numbers say. The Fit will give you some adjustablilty, but at a cost.

Mike

Both drivers are very solid and both have been reviewed here within the past year. The Razr X Black review is here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16084 and the Razr Fit review is here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15945

It's really hard for us to recommend which would be better for you, I'd read the reviews and if at all possible try to demo each one. I'd say if your teacher is recommending a certain loft I would probably lean toward that direction unless you have good reason not to. Anyway, both drivers are really good so you'll definitely have a top notch driver regardless of which direction you go. Have fun with it and let us know how you end up.

Oh and welcome to THP!

They are both awesome. I'd say go for the Razr Fit. At the same time, I have the 3 and 5 woods of the Razr Black and I love them. You really can't go wrong either way.

The Black hit the ball higher for me than the Fit. I also didn't care for how shallow the face was on the Black. That's just me though. There are plenty of people that really liked that driver.

I can personally comment on the Black, amazing driver, and takes some getting use to, especially if you have a tendency to get underneath the ball, as the black has such a slim profile, and not as deep a face as the Fit, you tend to get a few idiot marks, but the ball tends to just jump off the face, and goes a mile

i found the ball flight on the fit was boring, low sping with a mid-high trajectory and just keeps going...the flight on the black was a bit higher and tended to balloon a little for me.

I'm gonna suggest the Razr Fit. Two reasons:

1) I actually think it is the better club.
2) As a beginner, your swing is probably going to change a bit over the next 6-12 months. The Razr Fit is adjustable AND you can easily change out shafts. Maybe right now the shaft in the driver is okay but 6 months from now you have gotten a stronger swing...no problem because you can go to eBay or a local golf shop and order whatever shaft you want and as long as it has the right kind of tip you can change them out in 2 minutes!

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

Thank you everyone for giving me the inputs. I tried both the drivers at a recent Callaway demo held at my course.
I was much inclined towards black.
But my coach just messed me up and confused me saying that Razr Fit with 9.5 Degrees is the best for you.
I myself own a Golf Shop, and from past three years what I have learnt is beginners who are starting their game should go for a 10.5 Degrees Loft. But the coach saying 9.5 Degrees, cannot be wrong too.
I am now getting inclined towards Razr Fit.
Tried my friends Razr Black too, and it went well.
Too Confusing this is!!!!

I can only tell you how things went for me....The Black had a much shallower face and launched the ball too high for me. I love the Razr Fit, to this point it is the easiest to hit driver I have ever owned.

If your teacher is telling you to go with one loft and the Fit, then I would tend to agree....the one good thing about the FIT is as your swing changes you can adust the driver to "fit" your swing.

Good Luck!

I say the Razr Fit in a 9.5* because it will give you more options to adjust it and customize the weights to suit your swing and ball flight you desire. Let your driver mold with you, not you with your driver.

Thank you!
Getting more inclined towards Razr Fit Now!
Degree - 10.5 or 9.5?? This is the only thing in my mind!!

I went from a TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 with Stiff Flex Shaft and 9.5 loft. Stock Grip is trash, had it replaced, Stock Shaft is meh*, Really Miss the White head Black face though. Med High on my Driver with some nice roll out - 230-240 Yards when i got the sweet spot.
I am useing the Razr X Black Driver with Stiff Shaft and 9.5 loft. Really like the all black finish on the face and head of the driver, i enjoy the composite i can see on the top of the driver, Really good Stock Shaft Fujikura F8. High Launch with really nice roll, 240+ with it and the sweet spot i swear is the hole face of this Driver. I must say i am really enjoying this driver.

Back