Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill go there. For $1000 it better be able to give me a happy ending after every round.

I'm going more for at the turn and at the end of the round.

I'm still flip flopping on what length I want my B. Asha'd up R9 to play at. I usually play drivers at 45.5", but I'm considering going to 44.5" or even 44" for this one. Hmmmm.

Why not try 45?

A $1000 putter does nothing for me. Maybe I'm alone on this one.

haha, how about a 10k putter?

Decisions guys... decisions.

I am playing in a best ball tourney tomorrow... I have been striking the ball pretty dang well.

However, I just had a splurge moment and bought some Ci11's from Kmac. They came in yesterday and I plan to get to the range tonight to give them a test run. I am thinking they will be close to a club longer, so that may take a little time to adjust to.

With all of that said... should I just hit them tonight and see what I think, or should I stay safe and play my Pro Cav's since I know what I will get from them when I hit them??

Its so hard to leave a new iron set at home when I head to a golf course, tourney or no tourney.

Decisions guys... decisions.

I am playing in a best ball tourney tomorrow... I have been striking the ball pretty dang well.

However, I just had a splurge moment and bought some Ci11's from Kmac. They came in yesterday and I plan to get to the range tonight to give them a test run. I am thinking they will be close to a club longer, so that may take a little time to adjust to.

With all of that said... should I just hit them tonight and see what I think, or should I stay safe and play my Pro Cav's since I know what I will get from them when I hit them??

Its so hard to leave a new iron set at home when I head to a golf course, tourney or no tourney.

If KMac hit them previously, he probably left PLENTY of good shots in them. Give them a good go tonight and bag em tomorrow. You will be fine.

I'm still flip flopping on what length I want my B. Asha'd up R9 to play at. I usually play drivers at 45.5", but I'm considering going to 44.5" or even 44" for this one. Hmmmm.

I'd start at 45.5 and then cut it down if you need to. Once you take it off, you have to use an extender to get it back. Not the end of the world, but I'd rather have it all in one piece.

If KMac hit them previously, he probably left PLENTY of good shots in them. Give them a good go tonight and bag em tomorrow. You will be fine.

They look near new!!

I think I am going to bag them... whats the worse that could happen... my teammates have to carry me! HA!

Pondering a new cart bag. Mine is... unstable. Fell over again last week, which is no bueno. Any recommendations on a sturdy one? 14 way divider used to be a requirement, but I'm not as crazy about that as I used to be.

Pondering a new cart bag. Mine is... unstable. Fell over again last week, which is no bueno. Any recommendations on a sturdy one? 14 way divider used to be a requirement, but I'm not as crazy about that as I used to be.

Check out this thread where we reviewed the Ping Pioneer. OMikey loved that thing.

I'm pondering a new shaft for my j40 2h. Absolutely love that club but the 6.0 is not stout enough I don't think. Launches high and the misses are sweeping draws at best.

I'm pondering a new shaft for my j40 2h. Absolutely love that club but the 6.0 is not stout enough I don't think. Launches high and the misses are sweeping draws at best.

The one swing you took with the Nunchuk was pretty stong. I think you would like that, but depends if you want a heavy hybo shaft or not.

Yes I am addicted to buying golf equipment.

I am Hawkpondering irons again. Why do I do this all the time? I think I just love a new set of irons and how it changes my game. I am not sure what I want, but I am thinking about something different than the mixed set I have right now. I have SCOR wedges through the 9 iron spot and then 3-8 with Callaway Forged (2009).

I have been doing fine with my 3-7 irons, but struggling with the PW-9 iron. I don't know if I need need more forgiveness than the SCORs are offering or just something else. I am missing the 9 iron from my Callaway set, since I found a great deal on them on CL. I just don't know what I want to go after. I really don't want to spend a ton of money either.

Yes I am addicted to buying golf equipment.

I am Hawkpondering irons again. Why do I do this all the time? I think I just love a new set of irons and how it changes my game. I am not sure what I want, but I am thinking about something different than the mixed set I have right now. I have SCOR wedges through the 9 iron spot and then 3-8 with Callaway Forged (2009).

I have been doing fine with my 3-7 irons, but struggling with the PW-9 iron. I don't know if I need need more forgiveness than the SCORs are offering or just something else. I am missing the 9 iron from my Callaway set, since I found a great deal on them on CL. I just don't know what I want to go after. I really don't want to spend a ton of money either.

Oh shoot! I can't wait to see what you get.

The one swing you took with the Nunchuk was pretty stong. I think you would like that, but depends if you want a heavy hybo shaft or not.

Yeah I was surprised how well I hit that considering what happened the first time I took a cut with it hahaha! I wasn't a bit fan of the height on it, and it felt heavier than heck, but the line couldn't have been better.

Still trying to figure out how my 18* J40 beat out that 16* Rescue by at least 20 yards though.

I have faith that you will find something on Craigs List.

I have been watching, but nothing intrigues me out there. I sorta want a high set. Something Titliest, Mizuno, or Ping. (I know I will get some grief that I left out some other companies, but I have never owned one of those sets.)

Yeah I was surprised how well I hit that considering what happened the first time I took a cut with it hahaha! I wasn't a bit fan of the height on it, and it felt heavier than heck, but the line couldn't have been better.

Still trying to figure out how my 18* J40 beat out that 16* Rescue by at least 20 yards though.

I didn't look to see what the wind was doing when we hit but it was downwind, so that could have something to do with it, and we both hit the Rescue11 to bascily the same point. I wasn't really surprised with how high you it, but I was surprised you didn't hit it farther. But on 11 that ball was massive, we should have GPS'ed it, it had to have been 250+

I have been watching, but nothing intrigues me out there. I sorta want a high set. Something Titliest, Mizuno, or Ping. (I know I will get some grief that I left out some other companies, but I have never owned one of those sets.)

I feel ya bro. The set I want the most is a mixed set of Titleist MBs and CBs.

I didn't look to see what the wind was doing when we hit but it was downwind, so that could have something to do with it, and we both hit the Rescue11 to bascily the same point. I wasn't really surprised with how high you it, but I was surprised you didn't hit it farther. But on 11 that ball was massive, we should have GPS'ed it, it had to have been 250+

I thought I made good connection with it too.. You had bombs with that hybo on 10 and 11. Wind does strange things on that course, but I can't imagine it factored twice in two holes that face opposite directions haha.

That club remains one of the best options in your bag dude.

I thought I made good connection with it too.. You had bombs with that hybo on 10 and 11. Wind does strange things on that course, but I can't imagine it factored twice in two holes that face opposite directions haha.

That club remains one of the best options in your bag dude.

Yeah I felt you made good contact on it. I thought it was going to be well down the fairway, should have hit a second ball..lol.

Yeah both those balls was crushed...best ones of the day. Let me down when I needed it most though on 17...lol. Still scrambled around made par...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back