Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me know if you find something that works with that. I have a lot of people who group chat me with the iphone

apparently handscent SMS and Go SMS pro are solid options.. Just asking google.

does verizon still charge for visual voice mail?

I didn't pay for it on my iPhone.. No idea on other devices..

Time for a new phone as my 2 year contract is up on my Sprint HTC EVO. The EVO has been great, except for battery life. I'll probably switch carriers this time. I've been shopping the Motorola Droid Maxx HD, the Samsung GS3, the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the iPhone 5. The HTC looks to have a little better battery, I love the Sense UI. I'm unsure about the UIs that come with the Droid and the GS3. I've heard that Apple's UI (whatever it's called) is very good. To me, battery life and UI are most important, with form factor coming in last. The GS3 looks to be perfect, except for its hugeness and poor color selection. What do you recommend, of what I've listed?
Color options on the S3? Blue, White, Brown, Black, Red and Pink.

S3 users: Do you guys use standard messaging or an app?

Getting group messages from my iPhone buddies is tiring..
I use GO SMS, I like it a lot. Group texts, smilies, etc etc etc.

Yeah I believe so. I think it was an up charge when I was choosing my plan during my upgrade.
It's free...if you know how to work the system. :alien:

I use GO SMS, I like it a lot. Group texts, smilies, etc etc etc.
It's free...if you know how to work the system. :alien:

1. You always know how to work the system
2. Does Go SMS handle group messages if the other person does not use it?

1. You always know how to work the system
2. Does Go SMS handle group messages if the other person does not use it?
Yes, it does.

Plus, it has a ton of popup settings and quick reply options in the popups that I like.

S3 users: Do you guys use standard messaging or an app?

Getting group messages from my iPhone buddies is tiring..
I got the Verizon Messages app. It's great and you can still get group messages. I tried about 4 different apps before getting this one, it is the best in my opinion.

Yes, it does.

Plus, it has a ton of popup settings and quick reply options in the popups that I like.

I like it. So if I was in a group message with say 3 people on iphones it would still work as a group message on my end? If the answer is yes, that's a huge selling point

I like it. So if I was in a group message with say 3 people on iphones it would still work as a group message on my end? If the answer is yes, that's a huge selling point
Yes, I believe this to be the case. My mom and brother both have iPhones, and it worked last week when messaging back and forth.

I got the Verizon Messages app. It's great and you can still get group messages. I tried about 4 different apps before getting this one, it is the best in my opinion.
Im downloading this one right now, Jake. Have never used it before.

Yes, I believe this to be the case. My mom and brother both have iPhones, and it worked last week when messaging back and forth.

SOLD!!

I just loaded up GoSMS again. Last time I tried it there were too many issues with it. Been using it today without issue so far. Only think that is bugging me is it wont use the tone I selected and keeps using the system one.

I just loaded up GoSMS again. Last time I tried it there were too many issues with it. Been using it today without issue so far. Only think that is bugging me is it wont use the tone I selected and keeps using the system one.
I like GoSMS, havent had any issues with my notification tones on it.

One-T likes my text message tone.

Does that messaging service still offer the missed text bubble on the lock screen?

I like GoSMS, havent had any issues with my notification tones on it.

One-T likes my text message tone.

What tone do you have?

Man I need to get in this thread more often. Just downloaded GoSMS and so far its a pretty cool app. never knew something like this was out there.

Also is there an easy way to root the GS2? I tried z4root awhile ago but it never worked.

What tone do you have?
I got it off Zedge, it's one of the angry birds yelling "weeeeeeeee". My daughter loves it.

Just bought two, 3-foot long usb to micro usb cables, a 6-foot long cable of the same, a two port usb car charger and a two port usb home charger for less than 10 bucks, shipped, through Amazon.

Got the two port so when my wife and I are traveling out of town, we can both plug in the phones.

WalMart has the car charger alone for 15 bucks.

Just bought two, 3-foot long usb to micro usb cables, a 6-foot long cable of the same, a two port usb car charger and a two port usb home charger for less than 10 bucks, shipped, through Amazon.

WalMart has the car charger alone for 15 bucks.
Only place to find them cheaper than Amazon is at Monoprice.

Only place to find them cheaper than Amazon is at Monoprice.

I didn't get enough stuff to go through Monoprice. I had free shipping on Amazon and adding the shipping it cost more through Monoprice.

But I agree, I use Monoprice a lot.

I didn't get enough stuff to go through Monoprice. I had free shipping on Amazon and adding the shipping it cost more through Monoprice.

But I agree, I use Monoprice a lot.
I always laugh when I see people paying $50 or more on HDMI cables at Best Buy, and then you look on Monoprice and the same one is $5.00

Best Buy today has the GS3 for $99 with a new contract.

Thanks, but luckily this will be a company-paid phone.

Does being huge and only having a couple colours really impact purchasing a phone?

The hugeness of this things is awesome.

Call me weird, but yeah, the color (or lack thereof) is a big deal. I can't do white or powder blue, sorry. One of my co-workers has a GS3 that I looked at for awhile. Although bigger than my EVO, it's lighter and thinner. It does feel a little "plasticky" to me, but I'm sure the build quality is fine.

Either the GSIII or the LTEVO get my vote. I am a little biased, but the LTEVO has been great. I like sense better than whiz, but both have pro's and con's. Rooting is the first thing I do anymore with any phone, and one of the deciding factors when upgrading...which mods are going with which phone. Battery life has been great with the new kernal and can run my golf app all round, take pictures and upload within app, check THP, and text a few times...still having 25% left at the end of the round. The GSIII will really shine when the apps are written for the quad, but for now I'm really enjoying the LTEVO.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the battery life is also with it being overclocked to 1.72 instead of 1.5.

Battery life is a big deal for me. I'm no poweruser, but I have to charge my EVO twice a day, and that's with a 1-month-old battery.

Color options on the S3? Blue, White, Brown, Black, Red and Pink.

They come in black now? My company has contracts with AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, and the only one of the three that has a GS3 offering that I can get for a company phone is from AT&T. When I looked on AT&T's website it only listed blue and white for colors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back