This one is pretty cool too.

JB,

Is the Winnebago ERA (pretty sure that this the model name) in the same class as the Sprinter? Guy down the street from me has one and loves that thing.

Sure is Doug. Same chassis and engine, just a different maker. In fact there are about 10 different makers on this chassis if not more.

Sure is Doug. Same chassis and engine, just a different maker. In fact there are about 10 different makers on this chassis if not more.

Interesting. The amount of room in that size of vehicle is incredible. Does this chassis have enough tow capacity to pull the SmartCar?

Interesting. The amount of room in that size of vehicle is incredible. Does this chassis have enough tow capacity to pull the SmartCar?

Absolutely.

The big thing about the size is that there are two different sizes first and foremost. From there, the ability to fit it in many parking areas would be ideal for us.

That Sprinter looks like the perfect mix between size/features.

This one is a Sprinter Limo. Check out this interior.

sprinter-executive-limo-136.jpg

This one is a Sprinter Limo. Check out this interior.

sprinter-executive-limo-136.jpg

I dig it. What kind of configuration would/are you looking at? Focused on storage? Office area like you had a pic of above?
I can imagine the parking would be a huge bonus. I have some experience driving a semi from our farming operation and it is an incredible pain in the rear always having to think "is there a circle drive" or "can I get this thing backed up" every time I want to swing in a parking lot. Not that I run errands in a semi or anything but I am just ultra paranoid about that I suppose. lol

Not sure yet Doug. We are just starting. We love the Tour Van and love what it offers us internally. However it is gigantic and parking and storage can cause major headaches.

We are looking at some places that do some seriously good custom work and taking things slowly.

Not sure yet Doug. We are just starting. We love the Tour Van and love what it offers us internally. However it is gigantic and parking and storage can cause major headaches.

We are looking at some places that do some seriously good custom work and taking things slowly.

Gotcha. Yeah, I can see how the parking would be a significant disadvantage with the Tour Van.

Going to test drive a Sprinter today from a local place. Pretty excited.

Check out where the diesel fill is it cracks me up.

its quite odd isnt it? Question for you. They run on a propane generator I was told. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to that over our diesel that we have now? Both Cummins Onan I believe.

its quite odd isnt it? Question for you. They run on a propane generator I was told. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to that over our diesel that we have now? Both Cummins Onan I believe.

You'll never have anything better than the gennie in the one you have now.

The only advantage of propane is there is no harmful fumes and it is extremely cheap. It will be pretty quiet as well. Probably as quiet as the Onan but so much easier to achieve. Just cheaper to maintain all around.

The filler has it's own little door behind the driver door it's pretty cool actually.

You'll never have anything better than the gennie in the one you have now.

The only advantage of propane is there is no harmful fumes and it is extremely cheap. It will be pretty quiet as well. Probably as quiet as the Onan but so much easier to achieve. Just cheaper to maintain all around.

The filler has it's own little door behind the driver door it's pretty cool actually.

Thank you. It might be a long shot, but worth looking into.

They will make it happen because GG said no. :D

Went and test drove this one today. Man oh man these things ride great. Between the smooth ride and the fact that it is driven just like a car, it makes us think about it.

SPlateau.jpg

Perhaps you should just go borrow Sharkwrestler's van for a test drive:alien:

I bet driving all over the states would be a lot nicer in that just do to the sheer size of it. Plus I bet it can go over 65

Went and test drove this one today. Man oh man these things ride great. Between the smooth ride and the fact that it is driven just like a car, it makes us think about it.

SPlateau.jpg

Plus the gas mileage would certainly be an improvement. Would you trade in the rangefinder or just own this one too.

SPlateau.jpg

Hmmm... I give it 3 months before this one is the new Tour Van!

Plus the gas mileage would certainly be an improvement. Would you trade in the rangefinder or just own this one too.

Hmmm... I give it 3 months before this one is the new Tour Van!

We would do it now if the dollars and cents work. To answer Thainer, we could never afford both, they are very expensive.

We would do it now if the dollars and cents work. To answer Thainer, we could never afford both, they are very expensive.

That's what I expected, but didn't want to assume what kind of lifestyle you are living.. :)

We rent the Sprinters for almost every event we do now. A few years back it was box trucks but these things hold just as much, the side door helps a tremendous amount with loading / unloading, and the best part is like you said it just drives like a car. Obviously the Ryder Trucks version are not Mercedes.

I think they are awesome.

SPlateau.jpg

Back