Voting Thread 2012 (Non-Partisan, Non-Political)

Voted just before 4:00. No wait. My daughter worked as a volunteer today helping people find their voting ward tables as we had redistricting. Mostly older folks. She enjoyed it.

Kevin

that's really cool, it sounds like a ton of hard work

All of the above.....tv has 1 channel on, laptop has polling results flowing, iphone is texting away, and the ipad has twitter rolling......

where are you going to get your coverage from, the internets or TV?

I voted on the 27th. The last day for early voting in my area. Stood in line for about 45 minutes in a cold wind till the line finally worked it's way inside. There was a guy and a young lady in line behind me and the 3 of us struck up a conversation about a bunch of nothing really but we had a good time while we froze our tushes off. In the polling place, they were announcing any time someone was a first-time voter and that drew alot of applause from those still in line. It was fun....and they had free "I voted" stickers and lollipops for everyone. :)

You got lollipops?!? I just got a sticker lol

that's really cool, it sounds like a ton of hard work

Nah, but it was a good experience. She wore her one of her high school golf shirts and got recognized. She's famous. lol. I was proud she wanted to be involved, and it got her some volunteer hours for Key Club.

All of the above.....tv has 1 channel on, laptop has polling results flowing, iphone is texting away, and the ipad has twitter rolling......

I used to really get into it. Man those Bush elections were crazy viewing. Not so much anymore.

Kevin

You got lollipops?!? I just got a sticker lol

actually they were Dum Dum suckers but I didn't want to invite any comments about TN voters. :act-up:

I think this one is going to be close so I'm into it for the competition whereas 4 yrs ago it was truly a historic event

Nah, but it was a good experience. She wore her one of her high school golf shirts and got recognized. She's famous. lol. I was proud she wanted to be involved, and it got her some volunteer hours for Key Club.

I used to really get into it. Man those Bush elections were crazy viewing. Not so much anymore.

Kevin

I had to stand around today waiting in line with a bunch of old dudes. Everybody was saying huh? What did ya say :confused2:. I couldn't understand a word any of them old foggies were saying :act-up:

I think this one is going to be close so I'm into it for the competition whereas 4 yrs ago it was truly a historic event

Yeah, we could be waiting for another month or so again. I hear that lack wit of a state, Ohio, could drag things out if it's close there.

Kevin

They're important tonight....first time since who knows when so they'll milk it before they realize that they're still Ohio

Yeah, we could be waiting for another month or so again. I hear that lack wit of a state, Ohio, could drag things out if it's close there.

Kevin

We had "observers" at our polling place for the first time I recall. When you signed in, the workers turned to them, I'm assuming one from each party, and they marked you off on their own sheets.

Kevin

They're important tonight....first time since who knows when so they'll milk it before they realize that they're still Ohio

Theyre relevant every four years. Kinda like in college football.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

roge_c121023.jpg

Just got back from voting. Better late then ever.

Filled out our ballots Sunday morning (permanent absentee voters), and rather than drop them in the mail, I dropped them at our polling place this morning. Took 5 minutes.

But...in California more than 65% of the ballots last June were absentee ballots (9 million mailed out to voters for this election)....so a final tally for close measures could take awhile (and all of those absentee ballots need to have the signature compared with what is on file).

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cal...s-mail-in-vote-means-delays-in-the-count.html

Eh it's California. They haven't gone to the GOP since Reagan. I don't see it happening now either even with 9m votes in question.

Eh it's California. They haven't gone to the GOP since Reagan. I don't see it happening now either even with 9m votes in question.

There have been 3 Republican governors elected since Reagan (Deukmeijan, Wilson, Schwarzenegger). In any case, there is more interest in the state propositions and local measures (tax increases) than how California could sway the national contest.

Walked the dog and voted as well. Successful trip!!

Voted, took about 45 min total. My ballot was #105 cast in my precinct this AM.

now, I've fired up my movie theatre popcorn popper and am settling in for a long night.

Voted after work today. Walked in, didn't have to wait in line and the whole process took less than 10 minutes. One of the bonuses of living on an island.

Voted after work today. Walked in, didn't have to wait in line and the whole process took less than 10 minutes. One of the bonuses of living on an island.

that' pretty cool, the Island haha

ha. it's a barrier island, right off the mainland, with only a few thousand year round residents, so you don't ever have to worry about waiting too long on election day.

I went after work tonight walked over with my wife and daughter, we waited for 5 minutes or so. I hear the wait was around 45 minutes this morning, we vote at a nursing home so they all vote right away. I hope whew know the results before too long.

I voted this afternoon. No school today which was awesome.

I voted this afternoon. No school today which was awesome.

that's awesome, lucky, the public schools had school but us college folk still had to endure ha

Back