Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, sucks dude.

I don't get going for two. Kind of pointless right? Still get beat by a TD.

well they woulda been up 5 without it. Up 6, they can go to OT with a missed XP

Well damn

That INT was a huge sigh of relief just now.

Good game, our defense played pretty dang well, offense has just sucked all year

Good game, our defense played pretty dang well, offense has just sucked all year

It was a hell of a game. VT didn't look like a team with that record. Then again, neither did we.

Darn, I hoped VT would get the win there

Darn, I hoped VT would get the win there

NOPE! Are you guys eliminated yet from the ACC Championship yet? Cause I really want to celebrate that since I really hate Clemson. You're cool though!

Lol at the clemson hate.

They've messed up so many seasons of ours while I was in undergrad. I loathe them with a passion.

I support your hate. I grew tired of hearing about Danny Ford.

You know they won a national championship like once?

Doesn't count if literally no one remembers when it happened.

Haha. Truth.

Boom! USC fined $25,000 for ball tampering in the Oregon game, and Kiffin is on the hot seat.

Wonder if Auburn is looking at him?

Haha. Truth.

Boom! USC fined $25,000 for ball tampering in the Oregon game, and Kiffin is on the hot seat.

Might cost em 180k to get him...

NOPE! Are you guys eliminated yet from the ACC Championship yet? Cause I really want to celebrate that since I really hate Clemson. You're cool though!

No, but we need FSU to lose an ACC Game.

Gorillas, Lions to Meet in Sonic Miner's Bowl Saturday at Jopin, Mo.

PITTSBURG — The Pittsburg State University football team will travel to Joplin, Mo., Saturday (Nov. 10) to face Missouri Southern State University in the Sonic Miner’s Bowl. The Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association foes will face one another in the regular season finale for both squads. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. (CST) at Missouri Southern’s Fred G. Hughes Stadium.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, slipped to 6-3 overall and 6-3 in the MIAA after dropping a 44-33 decision to MIAA newcomer Lindenwood last Saturday (Nov. 3). The Gorillas, the defending NCAA Division II National Champions, have lost three of their last four games after a 5-0 start to the season to fade out of conference championship and post-season contention. Pitt State toppled from the AFCA/Division II Top 25 poll with the loss to the Lions last week. Missouri Southern improved to 6-4 overall and 5-4 in MIAA play with a 34-10 home win over Truman last Saturday (Nov. 3). The Lions clinched their second winning season in the last 17 years with the victory over the Bulldogs.

This will be the 45th all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Lions in a series that dates back to the 1968 season – Southern’s first year as a four-year school. Pitt State holds a commanding 35-8-1 advantage in the series, including 18 straight wins. The Gorillas are 19-2-1 vs. the Lions in Pittsburg and 16-6-0 vs. the Lions at Joplin.

The Miner’s Bowl Match-Up
While Pitt State and Southern have played every year since 1968, the two teams began competing for the Miner’s Bowl Trophy in 1986. While the series has produced its share of close contests and memorable moments – the last five games have been decided by 44 combined points – the Gorillas have dominated the series, winning 25 of the 26 meetings (including the last 18).

All told, Pitt State has averaged a 36-13 victory in the 26 meetings, winning by an average score of 35-14 in Joplin. The clash always brings out the area fans. The Miner’s Bowl game has averaged 8,349 fans in the last 17 meetings.

The Sonic Trophy Series
This is the fourth year of the Sonic Trophy Series – a cooperative effort between MSSU, PSU and Sonic to reward and honor the athletics department that performs the best in head-to-head competition throughout the course of the year. One point is awarded in each of the 13 sports in which both departments compete. The school with the most points at the end of the year is presented the Sonic Trophy Series trophy. Southern leads the 2012-13 Sonic Trophy Series, 2-0, heading into Saturday’s football and volleyball action between the schools. The Lions won points in men’s & women’s cross country in October.

rp_primary_sonic-trophy-series.jpg

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2012/11/8/FB_1108124016.aspx

No, but we need FSU to lose an ACC Game.

Last one is next week vs Maryland, who you play this week. Feel free to lose and make this a little easier for us

Supposedly he's the best out of Georgia since Herschel? Guy looks like a stud!

But haven't we heard that almost every year since about 1991? :D

We look absolutely terrible. EJ Manuel might be the dumbest SR QB in college football. Throw it away? LOL NO THANKS, SPIN MOVE!

That is a bald faced lie. We are elite I tell ya...hehe
This was an awful showing. The good news is that we won with that awful showing.

Live here for 5 minutes and even Rickie Fowler would hate orange. Actually had a guy tell me this the other day. "Well we have a National Championship, where did you go USC? They like have not.". I said FSU and the remark was "oh".

You know its bad as an FSU fan when you are comparing your current QB to Chris Rix and even then there is no comparison.

Haha. Truth.

We prefer people with looser morals than Kiffin.

Last one is next week vs Maryland, who you play this week. Feel free to lose and make this a little easier for us

I suspect that Clemson and FSU will have the same record, and FSU will get the chance to beat the crap out of the Coastal representative for a trip to the Orange Bowl.

Interestingly, there are several pundits that have Clemson going to the Sugar Bowl if they win out. I'm not sure they will with their defense, but it would be a good way to finish the season. It's also (another) sad statement about the ACC when a team that doesn't win the conference has a chance at a better bowl game.

I suspect that Clemson and FSU will have the same record, and FSU will get the chance to beat the crap out of the Coastal representative for a trip to the Orange Bowl.

Interestingly, there are several pundits that have Clemson going to the Sugar Bowl if they win out. I'm not sure they will with their defense, but it would be a good way to finish the season. It's also (another) sad statement about the ACC when a team that doesn't win the conference has a chance at a better bowl game.

That is surprising. The few I have seen have UF vs OU in the Sugar Bowl and FSU in the Orange Bowl. Then seeing Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl as the ACC #2. In fact just read that on CBS Bowl projections this morning.

That is surprising. The few I have seen have UF vs OU in the Sugar Bowl and FSU in the Orange Bowl. Then seeing Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl as the ACC #2. In fact just read that on CBS Bowl projections this morning.

I have seen a few Clemson/UGA Sugar Bowl predictions. It would be a fun matchup, but I'm not sure it would pan out since that means UGA loses the SEC Championship game. Maybe a close loss keeps them in BCS consideration.

If (and it's a big "if") Clemson wins out, it looks like the at-large selection would be between OU and Clemson. It would not shock me to see Clemson get the nod, especially with a mighty SEC win over South Carolina for the finish.

Lots of football left, though.

Do you really think an at large selection would be Clemson over OU? I would think OU's fans travel significantly better.

Do you really think an at large selection would be Clemson over OU? I would think OU's fans travel significantly better.

Really? Clemson travels exceptionally well, and they have a reputation for it. If the selection is based on fan support I would be surprised if Clemson didn't get it. Name recognition between the schools obviously goes to OU, but sheer dollars on the ground would go to Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back