Small headed Drivers?

Just got an email from Tour Edge. I asked about the 11.5 degree 3 wood.

Reference number: LTK12124022494641X
Subject: XCG5 fairway left hand Ken,
Thank you for contacting us.
The 11.5 is right hand only.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,
Doug

Hotled, I think cobra golf makes a long tom 2-wood in left hand. It does have a 45" shaft and 12.5* of loft. I think it is fairly light but you could give it a try.

My mom gave me an old Titleist 983E for my birthday. Funny sounding gift, but I actually saw a used one at a shop in her area early in the summer and commented how much I've always wanted one of them. 9.5 ° 350cc head, but fairly deep. It's supposed to be a low spin/launch head. Obviously not very forgiving compared to a 460cc driver.

Took it out for some swings and I couldn't believe how much lower it hit the ball. Like frozen rope line drives. The shaft was some old graffaloy R flex thing and I have no clue what kind of ball flight it's supposed to deliver. I hit my Classic beside it and the difference in ball height was crazy. I'm not really trying to make my ball flight lower, but it was fun just to hit it. Think I'll find a high launching shaft to throw in there for the hell of it.

Yikes at $350

Hipster drivers, eh!

I wish that 983E was in a little better shape, but I think it cost $40 or something like that. The previous owner put a wicked sky mark on it. Maybe I'll try to fix that up over the winter.

My dad doesn't play a driver at all. He hits a Titleist 3 wood off of almost every tee that a driver would normally be a resource. He just doesn't hit them consistently and can hit a 3w straight everytime. Consistently hitting the fairway vs. maybe getting a member's bounce off of a tree? i'll go consistent

I was given this old driver by a family friend called The Slammer. There was basically no info on it, but a little research leads me to believe that it's a Golfsmith knockoff of the BB Steelhead.

It's like a big 3W, but comes in 11.5 loft. I think I might throw it in the bag as a driving club for the hell of it for a round or two. Still keep the Classic and F3 in the bag, my maybe it will be fun to hit a few times.

Anybody ever have the BB Steelhead driver?

Looks almost identical to this.

golf_callaway_big_bertha_steelhead_iii_9_driver_45_silverhill_20058229.jpg

I was given this old driver by a family friend called The Slammer. There was basically no info on it, but a little research leads me to believe that it's a Golfsmith knockoff of the BB Steelhead.

It's like a big 3W, but comes in 11.5 loft. I think I might throw it in the bag as a driving club for the hell of it for a round or two. Still keep the Classic and F3 in the bag, my maybe it will be fun to hit a few times.

Anybody ever have the BB Steelhead driver?

Looks almost identical to this.

golf_callaway_big_bertha_steelhead_iii_9_driver_45_silverhill_20058229.jpg

Those are a lot of fun off the deck if you have the swing to keep them straight.

Well, you've seen me swing :\

hehehe

I had that one Hawk. Loved the Steelhead. Also had the Warbird before that one.

Awesome. It's just a goof-around club, but I figure a little more loft could mean more accuracy. We'll see.

Is the Cleveland Classic still too big? Think it's the nicest looking driver ever.

While it's got a pretty compact footprint from the top, it's still 460cc. I agree though - very nice looking driver.

My experiment with The Slammer didn't really work like I'd hoped. It was ok, but I didn't really see the yards that I'd hoped. Actually, I hit the RBladez 4 iron almost as far as I hit it. Nothing lost though. It was a gift and it's always fun to chop things up and try something new.

Back