$49 right now and it's supposed to be nice this weekend. bhilln, Jrod, or others in the area - want to go?

I'm game.... been wanting to get a round in here

Day or time that works best for you? Sunday would probably be my preference.

Hrm I haven't swung a club since Ohio but I am a masochist. I would probably be down.

As of right now Sunday is 100% chance of rain.

Just saw this bump and would love to play it. I'm booked for Invitational this week, but send me a PM if you guys play it again. I'd definitely be up for driving over on a weekend.

I've gone to JDC the past 2 years, beautiful track.

Yea, Sunday isn't looking very good at all. Figures since it's supposed to be in the 60's. I'll see if Saturda is doable on my end. Would probably need to be late morning.

Skittles, I will definitely do that. We're running out of time, but maybe we'll get lucky with one more decent weekend.

Yea, Sunday isn't looking very good at all. Figures since it's supposed to be in the 60's. I'll see if Saturda is doable on my end. Would probably need to be late morning.

Skittles, I will definitely do that. We're running out of time, but maybe we'll get lucky with one more decent weekend.

Saturday would be better for me anytime during the day for what's its worth.

I will see if I can make that happen, b. I'll get ahold of you soon.

11:06 tomorrow. Have room for two more if anybody's interested. Hopefully the rain is light so I can take some pictures.

11:06 tomorrow. Have room for two more if anybody's interested. Hopefully the rain is light so I can take some pictures.

Afternoon bump.

That's fine with me, i'll tee it up whenever, even next season. Really love that course. Hope you guys have fun tomorrow. Play well.

Been on my list all season to play here, looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a great day to be out!!

Have fun guys, wish I could join you.

Ended up getting a Tee time here for the 20th at 1:20pm. Was $75 for the morning and after one it went down to $59. Price includes cart, 18 holes and bucket of balls. Joined the Eclub thinking I might get a better deal but haven't got a deal yet. Really looking forward to playing this as I have never played a course where the Pros play at. Can't wait.

You'll have a blast. My parents lived 1/2 mile from there. Two of my younger brothers worked at the course through high school and worked the tournaments. They have tons of stories about that!

I got to play it a few times when I would visit. Good memories!

It will certainly be a great round! Get some pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This course is in the metro area of my hometown and really the only 'destination' course we have. Some may know it as the home of the John Deere Classic and where Paul Goydos dropped a 59 last year.

It gets some flak as being too easy for the pros, especially after last year, but lots of folks don't realize the amount of rain we got leading up to the tourney. Regardless, it's not an easy course for us mortals.

Definitely a fun place to play and gives you a true parkland golf experience. It sits atop a river bluff and has some pretty big elevation changes and some very nice views. There's lots of sand that is strategically placed to make guys like me wish they hit better shots. Not a bunch of water.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is that I'm playing it this weekend which will probably be the last weekend of public play before the tournament. It's supposed to be in excellent shape and I'm really looking forward to playing it in tourney conditions. I'm going to take a number of pictures to post here.

In the meantime here are a couple links. There isn't much info out there on the course, but I found a page with the scorecard and a page with the yardage book.

Yardage Book

Link to Scorecard at the bottom

I was sooooooooooo confused until I realized you posted this FOREVER ago. :)

I played TPC Deere Run last year 2012 the Monday after event. Charity event. It was Sunday pin placements and tees. Wow was it tough! What fun it was for a mere $125. Lunch, Dinner, Golf, cart and range.

Really looking forward to this. Looks like a great course. I just hope I can play good there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Oh what fun it will be. Elevated tees, great views, fast greens. It will be great. Great course. Find a nice tempo on the range and enjoy.

Jeff
sent w/tapatalk now Free

Sorry Andrew, I'm out. Too late in the afternoon for me. Have fun dude! It's a difficult course, but very fun. Sharpen up those sand skills!

:( I dont want to hear that. We figure if we went after 1 it was alot cheaper so we did that. But that stinks you can't come out and play. And sand? What you mean I'm never in the sand man. I think you were the Sandman last week lol. But yeah I'm really excited to go play this. Maybe Ill go back and watch some Spieth highlights to get some pointers.
Sorry Andrew, I'm out. Too late in the afternoon for me. Have fun dude! It's a difficult course, but very fun. Sharpen up those sand skills!

A few of the holes are just set up to encourage being in the fluffy stuff, depending on your shot shape. 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 17, and 18 all come to mind.

It's a great course. Some really amazing views that will be made even better with the fall colors in full swing. It plays much more difficult than the professionals make it look, but the greens are relatively easy.

A few of the holes are just set up to encourage being in the fluffy stuff, depending on your shot shape. 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 17, and 18 all come to mind.

It's a great course. Some really amazing views that will be made even better with the fall colors in full swing. It plays much more difficult than the professionals make it look, but the greens are relatively easy.

Well I imagine the sand is alot better than what we got here. Looks like its some Florida sand. So I'll be happy to be on the beach lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

It's nice stuff. Heavy and a little damp.

I'll tell you all about how I went eagle, birdie on those two on Saturday. Non-stop, like a broken record.

Back