I think she is mostly interested in shopping, lol. I'm sure she won't be able to shop all day Sunday and Monday while I play, so if there are any other suggestions as to what she can do after she runs out of stores that would be great. She is pretty much in to anything. I don't know what hotel we are staying at yet, I still need to make my reservation and will probably just make one on Hotwire. But there are some good rates for hotels in Moline.

Well as Hawk suggested she needs to hit up the Village of East Davenport...this is all stuff she wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. Isabel Bloom was/is made here, along with a ton of other stuff. Just don't give her the CC, this stuff can get pricey hehe.

I must say I am quite disappointed, I already did a search and found that there is no PF Changs in the area, lol

I must say I am quite disappointed, I already did a search and found that there is no PF Changs in the area, lol

Hmmm food......You need to go to Johnny's Italian steakhouse.

Well as Hawk suggested she needs to hit up the Village of East Davenport...this is all stuff she wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. Isabel Bloom was/is made here, along with a ton of other stuff. Just don't give her the CC, this stuff can get pricey hehe.

Well maybe I ought to just tell her there is absolutely nothing to do around there, that way she will just stay home and it will save me money lol

Only about 2 weeks til I get to play here with you guys! Gettin more excited! Wish my swing would obey me and start working well again. Last 2 rounds have been a little shaky, but I think I've got plenty of time to correct it. I've been watching the John Deere Classic on TV and it is getting me more excited about playing, the course looks grrrrrreat! I made my hotel reservation on Hotwire, just trying to get in somewhere cheap like I usually do. Typically I select a 2-star hotel, pretty basic, and get a Holiday Inn type of hotel. Well...Hotwire stuck me in the Super 8 Motel....so the wife isn't quite looking forward to that, lol. But it says it is right next to one of the malls or something, and by the time we get done with our round Sunday and I have dinner I will probably only get to the room, sleep, and then get up early to head to the course anyway. So as long as there are no bugs in my bed that keep me from sleeping I think it should work out just fine.

Pretty excited also, love playing wwith fellow THP'ers and this course is a blast.

Man those bunkers look to be eating up balls today! Stricker has had 2 of them plug big time. Hope I can avoid those bunkers when we're there!

Man those bunkers look to be eating up balls today! Stricker has had 2 of them plug big time. Hope I can avoid those bunkers when we're there!

Yah the bunkers there are really well manicured but they are really deep sand.

When he was in the bunker next to the lip on the 5th hole, I felt bad for him. The thing about many of the bunkers is that they sit well below the green. The one place on 5 you don't want to be is where he was, plugged or not. Last time I avoided them and it made my day.

Only about a week til we play guys, I am stoked! Getting more excited every day to see and play this course. Definitely bringing the camera to take some pics, I will make sure I share them on here too.

Only about a week til we play guys, I am stoked! Getting more excited every day to see and play this course. Definitely bringing the camera to take some pics, I will make sure I share them on here too.

Yep I'll bring my video camera also.

There will definitely be some pictures and video. It looks like we may be out of this heat wave by next Sunday, which is a good thing. Hopefully the course has had time to recover a bit from the JDC. Really looking forward to this!

There will definitely be some pictures and video. It looks like we may be out of this heat wave by next Sunday, which is a good thing. Hopefully the course has had time to recover a bit from the JDC. Really looking forward to this!

Getting my MC practice in in this crap. Heat indexes of 115+ with actualy temps of 95+ all week. Ugggh.

*cancels tee time*

*cancels tee time*

I'm gonna put Garrigus to shame. The best part of the JDC was watching the pros walk the half mile trek between 5 green and 6 tee and looking like they were about to die. I really think people underestimate how nasty it can get here.

Yea, it's as bad as it gets this week. The lucky thing is that we don't have this all summer.

Yea, it's as bad as it gets this week. The lucky thing is that we don't have this all summer.

Yah i wouldn't put up with the winters if that were the case. Man I am praying I have my woods before this weekend i am so jacked to try them out.

Yah i wouldn't put up with the winters if that were the case. Man I am praying I have my woods before this weekend i am so jacked to try them out.
I'm right there praying for those woods with you buddy. I can't wait to get my Razr Hawk on!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your round and seeing some videos from you guys, have fun out there!

You guys are gonna have such a good time. I'm excited about the videos that are going to come from this.

You guys are gonna have such a good time. I'm excited about the videos that are going to come from this.

Me too, I am always excited to meet new THP'ers and I like this track alot. Just hope the weather cooperates.

I have some work contacts out there and they are just going on about the heat in IL right now. Gotta be rough for sure! Hope it does and either way, like you said itll be a fun time.

Me too, I am always excited to meet new THP'ers and I like this track alot. Just hope the weather cooperates.

I have some work contacts out there and they are just going on about the heat in IL right now. Gotta be rough for sure! Hope it does and either way, like you said itll be a fun time.

Yah we usually get a week or two of this garbage. It's annoying. I could tolerate it if I knew I didnt have to deal with snow but knowing that in about 5 months it will be 15 below is annoying.

It does look like it might get down into the 80's by the weekend so that will be good. Bad thing it is just so hard to have the energy to practice a lot this week. I work for a flooring store and we don't have air conditioning so it is HOT all day and I feel drained by the end of the day. I played 9 yesterday in the heat and it was a good 9 but I definitely need a new glove because mine was already quite worn and once I sweated a lot it was slick and hard to get a good grip in the club. Definitely can't wait for this weekend I just can't stop thinking about it. Other than the temp coming down a few degrees it looks like the weather ought to be decent too, only a small chance of rain sunday and then they are calling for sun on Monday when I play in the Nature Valley tourney.

Back