Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This course is in the metro area of my hometown and really the only 'destination' course we have. Some may know it as the home of the John Deere Classic and where Paul Goydos dropped a 59 last year.

It gets some flak as being too easy for the pros, especially after last year, but lots of folks don't realize the amount of rain we got leading up to the tourney. Regardless, it's not an easy course for us mortals.

Definitely a fun place to play and gives you a true parkland golf experience. It sits atop a river bluff and has some pretty big elevation changes and some very nice views. There's lots of sand that is strategically placed to make guys like me wish they hit better shots. Not a bunch of water.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is that I'm playing it this weekend which will probably be the last weekend of public play before the tournament. It's supposed to be in excellent shape and I'm really looking forward to playing it in tourney conditions. I'm going to take a number of pictures to post here.

In the meantime here are a couple links. There isn't much info out there on the course, but I found a page with the scorecard and a page with the yardage book.

Yardage Book

Link to Scorecard at the bottom

Awesome Hawk! Good luck out there buddy. I say release the Redlines and break 85 buddy!

awesome looking course, good luck on there this weekend...hit em straight!

Good luck this weekend Hawk!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Hawk. Have a great time and hit em straight!

Playing Tour Courses is awesome! Like TC said, release the Redlines and report back and tell me how they'll shave 20 strokes off my game! :D

Have a great time out there!

• Staff
Thanks guys. I will be happy to be in the mid 90's I think, but I'm hoping for better. They have an awesome practice area, so im going extra early for some sand work.

Posted via Tapatalk

Very nice, have a great time out there. Thanks for the links.

Awesome Hawk. Looking forward to the pictures. Which tees will you be playing? I was just looking at the scorecard, and was curious.

It's hard to get a sense of the elevation in anything I've seen on the web, but it's pretty hilly. Not TC's area hilly, but there are some climbs that I wouldn't consider taking without a cart. It also seems like many of the bunkers are set far below elevated greens. Again, not an issue for folks that don't miss, but they got lots of action when I was there last time. Hopefully I can get some good pictures that show it off.

Awesome Hawk. Looking forward to the pictures. Which tees will you be playing? I was just looking at the scorecard, and was curious.

Most likely whites. 6,000 is a good length for me to have a chance at scoring decently.

Sweet buddy! have fun and I want to see a 58 out of you

That will be an awesome experience Hawk; not only getting to play a course of that caliber but getting to play it just before they host a PGA event. Color me jealous!!

Sweet buddy! have fun and I want to see a 58 out of you

I really don't want to shoot a 116 dude. Maybe a 48 hehe

I really don't want to shoot a 116 dude. Maybe a 48 hehe

hahaha...I was talking 18 holes...you...a 58. You got it in you!

hahaha...I was talking 18 holes...you...a 58. You got it in you!

Done and done. I do feel like I can score decent. Need to limit the blowups and I think I'll be fine. At least I should have a fair chance at it, even if the course is a bit tougher. Probaby won't find too many gravel bunkers or hardpan in the fairway.

Done and done. I do feel like I can score decent. Need to limit the blowups and I think I'll be fine. At least I should have a fair chance at it, even if the course is a bit tougher. Probaby won't find too many gravel bunkers or hardpan in the fairway.

Set up for a PGA event, I would be happy under 100. Have fun buddy. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I have a feeling your review is going to make me want to road trip sometime this summer.

Looking forward to playing it this weekend. Last time I played it my driver was a disaster and I shot 90 something. I'd be happy with a sub 85 this time around.

I have a feeling your review is going to make me want to road trip sometime this summer.

If you haven't played it, it's definitely worth the time. We don't have many public play courses that give the resort experience around here and they do a good job of it at Deere Run.

Enjoy the day, Hawk! Looking forward to your pictures!

Hawk I am really interested in your thoughts and any tips you can give me about the course. I am playing in the Nature Valley Amateur tournament there a month from now. If you have time on July 24th Slider and I are meeting up to play a practice round it would be so awesome for you to join us. Just let me know because I will probably try and set a tee time within the next couple of weeks. It would probably be in the afternoon because I am driving 5 hours in the morning to get there. Again, any thoughts and advice you can give me on the course would be much appreciated because I have never played there.

We can definitely talk. I will look at that date and let you know. Sounds like a great time!

Hawk I am really interested in your thoughts and any tips you can give me about the course. I am playing in the Nature Valley Amateur tournament there a month from now. If you have time on July 24th Slider and I are meeting up to play a practice round it would be so awesome for you to join us. Just let me know because I will probably try and set a tee time within the next couple of weeks. It would probably be in the afternoon because I am driving 5 hours in the morning to get there. Again, any thoughts and advice you can give me on the course would be much appreciated because I have never played there.

Hawk how did your round go at TPC?

Back