Wilson Duo Golf Ball

Ok, played this one again. Man, this is easily the best 2 piece I have ever played.

It truly does everything it advertises. Long and soft all day, everyday.

Maybe it's me but I usually play either a prov1 or a Bridgestone b330 and I tried a round with the duo and it seemed longer and pretty equal amount of spin.

Wish I could find these bad boys around me in stock somewhere. NOBODY carries them... would love to catch these on sale sometime.

I'm going to have to at least try them. I'm looking for the ball that fits me.

Hotled, great stats!

I bought a box of the Duos and thought they were great. I like a softer ball for around the greens and this ball is just that. Very smooth off the putter face.

As someone else mentioned, I hit a very high ball so I don't see much backspin, my shots typically hold the green well.

One thing I did notice is that the Duo is substantially shorter than the ProV1x. It really does feel like a "marshmallow" off the driver. My swing speed may be a little too much for it.

All said, this is my new daily ball.

Informative comparison. I have been hitting the Duo off and on for the past few months and agree it has a soft feel, but the distance seems to be the same or longer for me (I have a slow swing speed).

Had this in another thread on what golf ball etc..
Driver Avg. Distance 10 swings
7 Iron into the Green 10 swings from 150
AW 100y 10 swings
Full Swing
Control Swing
RIP IT Swing
Penta TP5
Ball release avg. 2.31 feet
Ball release avg. 1.11 feet
ProV1
Ball release avg. 1.11 feet
Ball release avg. 0.75 feet
Wilson Duo
Ball release avg. 2.85 feet
Ball release avg. 1.31 feet
Putter Feel- these are all very equal IMHO.
Chipping roll out is a little harder to control with the wilson BUT not bad once you get used to it.
*Out of character Flights on some hits
TP5- Had 1 shot balloon on me but I think it was my swing.
I also faded it 5-6 yards
ProV1- definitely faded and drew this ball more on an avg. of 10 yards
Wilson- I had 2 knuckle balls which is probably due to the low compression not being suited to my swing speed?
Conclusion:
I guess you can read the numbers but for 19.00 I will be playing the DUO. The TP5's have to run out yet as I have several dozen.

Hotled, great stats!

I bought a box of the Duos and thought they were great. I like a softer ball for around the greens and this ball is just that. Very smooth off the putter face.

As someone else mentioned, I hit a very high ball so I don't see much backspin, my shots typically hold the green well.

One thing I did notice is that the Duo is substantially shorter than the ProV1x. It really does feel like a "marshmallow" off the driver. My swing speed may be a little too much for it.

All said, this is my new daily ball.

What's your swing speed? Curious as to where this ball starts to fall off in distance because of SS

That's disappointing. Oh well still going to use on the course to see for myself. I love that feel

Could be a spin issue too.

That's disappointing. Oh well still going to use on the course to see for myself. I love that feel

Don't let my review dissuade you from using the ball. Like I said, this is my every day gamer. I only break out the premium balls for tourneys.

IMO, the price + performance can't be beat. Especially with as many balls as I lose.

I am officially in love with this ball. I haven't found a cheap ball I liked in years. So I have used lostgolfballs.com for premium stuff.

This will be my new ball except for the special rounds where I play a ZStar XV. Its that good.

I am officially in love with this ball. I haven't found a cheap ball I liked in years. So I have used lostgolfballs.com for premium stuff.

This will be my new ball except for the special rounds where I play a ZStar XV. Its that good.

I'm really liking it too! I played one round switching back and forth from a pro-v and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

I just ordered 2 dozen. Leaves everywhere, temps dropping, it's that time of the year to get away from high dollar premium balls. I figure I'll be pretty shocked between the feel of the Duo vs my usual Black.

I just ordered 2 dozen. Leaves everywhere, temps dropping, it's that time of the year to get away from high dollar premium balls. I figure I'll be pretty shocked between the feel of the Duo vs my usual Black.

shocked?

Considering you are going from one of the hardest compressions to THEE softest lol.

Soooo...I just grabbed a couple dozen blems from the Edwin Watts site. I figure, why not going into the winter season?

Saw the blems from edwin watts so I grabbed those, been wanting to try this golf ball but nobody local sells.

Jman and cheffor, let us know how you like them.

As many have said, they are a great value ball.

Jman and cheffor, let us know how you like them.

As many have said, they are a great value ball.

I'm certainly intrigued. Plus, its always just fun to try new stuff out.

I picked up a dozen yesterday, I am going to put them into play this Sat.

Two of my golf buddies rave about this ball, so I guess I am going to have to give it a spin. It won't be easy to beat out the Bridgestone and Callaway balls however.

It was pretty good. I really liked it off the tee, full iron shots, and putting. Absolutely atrocious for chips and pitches but probably because I haven't adjusted my play accordingly from the Blacks. I did have two knuckle balls with my 3 hybrid but other shots with same club were good/great. No ballooning at all off any club. On bad shots it seemed to fly straighter than other balls that would've sliced more. Good distance. I will be playing this again Sunday.

I'm afraid that these will balloon for me of the driver as I am a "high ball hitter". For any of you that have tried these that consider yourselves a "high ball flight" off the tee what are your thoughts?

So I pulled my Duo out the ball washer on the 12th hole and it is cracked, no idea how or when it cracked seemed to play fine on the previous hole. Anyone else have this happen? Definitely a first for me, but I had at least five rounds on the same ball so it owed me nothing more in my mind.

And yes I like them, seem straighter the then fifty elite I normally play when it turns cold, will be buying more when this dozen run out.

Back