Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Julie, as far as the gone thing, I have had my license for awhile now, so either way, I'm always taking their vehicles, and 2) they are probably happy to have me out of the house for awhile :D

Amen on the missing a payment though, I can understand that.

One other thing Dent, you may not know it but it's EXPENSIVE to insure a teenager. (My brother had such a poor driving record and had to file SR-22 that the only way he could keep driving was to pay for it himself.) He also got my parents insurance cancelled!

I'm always taking their vehicles, and 2) they are probably happy to have me out of the house for awhile :D

Parents aren't always logical...I think they feel once hit that milestone, you don't go back and un-hit it. And if your house is like mine, there's limited parking spaces (we called it "car jockeying", when you had to go move them all around) and with checking it for repairs, it is a hassle.

You can try what I did, and offer to take your parents to work in the morning so you can use the car during the day. Set your alarm and get up and get dressed and ready to go. The key is to stay cheerful. Cheerful children drive parents nuts.

My parents always need the vehicles so that is a huge issue, as well I want something to call my own. That is the main reason, I want to take on the responsibility of it.

You ever think about asking them the question? "Say, ma, why don't we just go get the car so I can stop taking yours? I'm paying for it after all." Do it in a nice, rational, mature way, and see what they say.

You ever think about asking them the question? "Say, ma, why don't we just go get the car so I can stop taking yours? I'm paying for it after all." Do it in a nice, rational, mature way, and see what they say.

I was thinking of the more tactical approach of throwing my first huge paycheck in her face?

I was thinking of the more tactical approach of throwing my first huge paycheck in her face?

Just tell them you need the car so you can stop stealing them on the weekends. It might work.:act-up:

Cheerful children drive parents nuts.

If it ever happens, I'll let you know!

Something happened with phone service at 3:45 am. When the phone goes out of service, the central alarm system (which our insurance company insists we have) goes off. So I got two totally freaked out children and five hours of sleep.

We have our annual client cocktail party this evening. I'm going to be a zombie, and there's a 50 percent chance of rain. I really want to be able to do this on the deck--60+ people in my house gets dicey.

The key is to do this some Saturday afternoon when you're both ready to go out, and available to. Again, the trick is to be all ready.

No! No throwing, no in your face.

I'm craving cake. :(

Make that cheesecake.

Damn...Now I want cheesecake. Might have to get that somewhere.

Canceled my tee time for Erin Hills on the 6th because of work. Important order that needs to ship overseas, so told my plant mananger no problem as i would reschedule my tee time. I was looking forward to playing there & now have an additional 9 days to wait.

I have had something in my eye all day that I cannot get out no matter how many times I flush it. It is painful to blink.

I don't have time to bake you cheesecake this weekend. I'm not sure how I'd ship it anyway.

Oh pleez. Cookies are one thing - you'd do that just to prove me wrong. But cheesecake is altogether different. Besides, anybody can make cookies...

Oh pleez. Cookies are one thing - you'd do that just to prove me wrong. But cheesecake is altogether different. Besides, anybody can make cookies...

I honestly don't think I've ever made a cheesecake. Shipping would require dry ice. The next thing we know, you'll be challenging me to send you nonsequential, unmarked $20 bills.

Besides, we all know you waited until after my bedtime to show up this evening, anyway. By all rights I shouldn't even be talking to you now. :act-up:

Besides, we all know you waited until after my bedtime to show up this evening, anyway. By all rights I shouldn't even be talking to you now. :act-up:

Riiiiiight Claire . . . I plan my internet time around your schedule.

The next thing we know, you'll be challenging me to send you nonsequential, unmarked $20 bills.

I already tried to get $100 bills in a cigar thread somewhere, and you brought up some wisecrack about Monopoly money! So if you're gonna send out real twenties, Harry has to stand in line behind me! hehe

I have had something in my eye all day that I cannot get out no matter how many times I flush it. It is painful to blink.

Hope you're feeling better, Dent! The night's rest might help. (That's what those sleepies - eye gunk - are for, I think.)

Hope you're feeling better, Dent! The night's rest might help. (That's what those sleepies - eye gunk - are for, I think.)

It might also be a scratch, instead of the actual foreign object. That could explain why you can't flush it out.

If anyone knows why I agreed to a 6:30am tee time - let me know. Fortunately, the course is a two minute drive because it's 5:50am and I'm still in my PJs, drinking coffee and trying to wake up. I might manage that by the 11th hole - we're playing the back 9.

If anyone knows why I agreed to a 6:30am tee time - let me know.

Because you're addicted?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back